Post-Game Discussion Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Bulldogs
13 4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 18:15
80th minute

Match Stats

yes 2pts is helpful for sure

but that’s 3 really bad displays in a row and have shown no improvement
We improved by 2 points, so that’s something. ****house conditions like that in driving rain will never be conducive to the flowing footy we played last year. I’d hate to be a Parra fan, getting stuck into a cask of Moselle to celebrate the breaking of a 36 year drought in March. Always ends in tears. Long season, build into it.

yes 2pts is helpful for sure

but that’s 3 really bad displays in a row and have shown no improvement
Oh, and the mongrels haven’t been so bad the past 2 weeks. They beat the Cowgirls, who have franked that form. And their only tries were to be fair, reasonably lucky. So defensively wise, we were solid. 2nd half we completely dominated possession which is a positive. Just failed to put them away, but again, greasy conditions and they did defend well.

How funny was the press conference with the Turbo's on Fox.... we won, do you have any understanding on what you go through with a loss with Des...priceless from Jake
saw it, for the amount of effort he puts into tackling, usually racking up 40 or more, it's refreshing to hear Jake talk about the game as buggered as he is.

Well, damn

Just so relieved and happy we got that win. Felt as ecstatic as Jake was afterwards haha. New grandstand was beautiful to watch the game in. Proud of our fans flocking in despite the weather. Just felt so good to be back at brooky.

Now, let's take this ugly one point win like we did last year with the Warriors win, and kickstart our season properly. Felt like this game was truly a continuation of our 2nd half of the roosters game. We weren't as atrocious as our first three halves of the season, but we had fight and determination in us and defended well. Really excited to see Schuster back and Aloiai, big expectations with Aloiai, I hope he is rejuvenated and learnt from his dumb mistakes and comes back to pre wrist injury form of last year. We need that mongrel in the middle. And the Schuster magic will speak for itself.

We are back on track baby, enjoy the week, GO MANLYYYYYYYY!

Really feel like despite the jersey numbers they wear, this last year, DCE and Foz have been playing in opposite roles to what they are. Really see Foz as our main playmaker and organiser whereas Chez be running and trying a bit too hard sometimes but still manages to pull off some good plays at time. Really rocks and diamonds with his choices, but liking that Foz is that anchor for him that is actually steering the ship. Still complements him well even after 8 years. I do want to see that Schuster to permanent 6 transitions sometime this year but still not ready to let go off Foz.

Big fan of Harper but he's probably been worst on field 3 weeks in a row now. I hope a win doesn't distract the fact, he's shot on confidence and needs a reggies stint for Des. Like surely, that bad of a performance despite the win, wakes up Des to make that change. We need him gone this Tuesday, it's a MUST. Koula or Tippytoes, let's unlock one of these boys now!

Just finished watching and that was one of the most frustrating wins I've seen.
In fact when I walked back upstairs, Mrs ge said "So I take it by the yelling the game didn't go all that well?"

There are some forwards seriously shirking their workload, and I don't mean the galactically stupid offload by Keppie in the first minute.

And some of our 5th tackle options by dce are amateurish at best considering his experience.
And even in play options. 90 seconds to go...so he kicks on the third? fmd. I mean everyone says Des does a lot of video, surely he can point crap like this out.

I wonder how many times he has failed to find touch, and how does that number stack up against other topline halfbacks. 4000 to 3 maybe.

Some players are really having a crack, some are performing well, and others just seem lazy or only want to put in when the hard yards are done.

Commentators were pointing out how weak the dogs RHS was, so I dunno why Manly didn't direct more traffic that way.

Shall take the two points and hug them close anyway.

Cherry-Evans trying his best to ruin all of manly’s attacking chances on his side of the field, and making it a comfortable win, only so he can claim to the hero at the end with a field goal. Gross.

The Amount of times Cherry-Evans refuse to throw a pass in attack just so he can go for a dummy run on his own with a 360 spin, made me dizzy watching that trash.

Parker is so slow that most of his half chances created by poor Bulldogs defending, didn’t end up as anything because of his lack of pace.……Bad players were obvious.
Lawton, Turbo, Walker…. only one’s in attack that wanted to win.

PS these predictable block plays with one player being the obvious target, is making this seasons league so painfully boring to watch. Manly one of the worst at this.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8