Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 3, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeap it's northern eagles all over again. What type of production from the gun second row sironen class rename the Phantom. While I look forward to more comedy defence from Dylan walker is he as good as Kevin mcguiness.
I most look forward to the hooker who can't pass that disjoints everything time and time again
What score do you predict against the Cows ???

44 -18 cowboys. Tom will be our best again.
Going by the way we played last week you could be right . "IF " we click and play to our potential we are in there with a chance . Anything is possible .
If we win this and take some confidence from the game and get some players from injury and suspension next week then we may be on a winning roll .
Anything is possible

Going by the way we played last week you could be right . "IF " we click and play to our potential we are in there with a chance . Anything is possible .
If we win this and take some confidence from the game and get some players from injury and suspension next week then we may be on a winning roll .
Anything is possible
Yeah I think our halfback the problem. He needs to play like he used to. That's hurting us a lot

Yeah I think our halfback the problem. He needs to play like he used to. That's hurting us a lot
I share your frustration but if you saw the Souths games last week you would have seen how the whole team played well and exploded into a 3 tries lead in the first 12 minutes and then we got penalized and made mistakes and whilst the rabbits had a huge pack rolling on we were heavily disadvantaged with our light weight bench which consisted of Brown Kennedy and the young Brainbridge .
Did you watch the game and how did you see it ?

I share your frustration but if you saw the Souths games last week you would have seen how the whole team played well and exploded into a 3 tries lead in the first 12 minutes and then we got penalized and made mistakes and whilst the rabbits had a huge pack rolling on we were heavily disadvantaged with our light weight bench which consisted of Brown Kennedy and the young Brainbridge .
Did you watch the game and how did you see it ?
Yes there the strike power there. But I am genuinely concerned about our 6 and 9. Brian Kelly a long term for rebuild he a star genuine try scorer.
I agree yes we hurt up the middle Marty, Darcy, addin big difference.
Curtis sironen needs to help Dylan walker defend on that edge or Jake.
Uate surprised.
yes I have some hope but walker will kill us if he defends like that all year.

Yes there the strike power there. But I am genuinely concerned about our 6 and 9. Brian Kelly a long term for rebuild he a star genuine try scorer.
I agree yes we hurt up the middle Marty, Darcy, addin big difference.
Curtis sironen needs to help Dylan walker defend on that edge or Jake.
Uate surprised.
yes I have some hope but walker will kill us if he defends like that all year.
Walker was very disappointing in defence .
This guy played in a winning grand final and in that year for Souths his defence was great . He is a rep player for Australia and you don't get selected if you cant defend . Our defence close to our line against the eels was good and so was walkers if you can recall .
Your right Siro needs to lift . They all need to lift . Api won a few man of the matches for us last year and he is a terror in defence so he is also capable of a big game. Green has not been that bad but he also needs to step up

Walker was very disappointing in defence .
This guy played in a winning grand final and in that year for Souths his defence was great . He is a rep player for Australia and you don't get selected if you cant defend . Our defence close to our line against the eels was good and so was walkers if you can recall .
Your right Siro needs to lift . They all need to lift . Api won a few man of the matches for us last year and he is a terror in defence so he is also capable of a big game. Green has not been that bad but he also needs to step up
I think you find walker had a lot of help defending at south's, this looks like a issue for a while.

Here is a question.

When is Curtis Sironen going to turn his 'potential' into someone fully deserving of a place in first grade? The guy made his NRL debut in 2012. In that time he couldn't crack a regular first grade spot for the Tigpies (62 games in 5 years) in a forward pack that other than Woods, Farah and probably Grant, was average at best.

And just remember, one of his coaches at the Tigpies was Tim Sheens who unlike Taylor can't be accused of not having a clue.

I know we are hampered by a lack of troops right now. Any team missing 4 of their props, 3 of who are considered first choice players (sorry Lloyd, its not you) will struggle. But the selections continue to be baffling at best.

When we get Kapow, AFB, Lussick and even Perrett back, I'd love to see our pack (and bench) be something like:

Lussick, Hastings, Lawrence, Taupau, Lane, Trbojevic. Res - Fonua-Blake, Perrett, Cullen, Myles.

Api blunts our attack every single tackle with his sloppy work at dummy half. Neither Winterstein or Sironen would get a run at other clubs. And Brown's deficiencies have been done to death. Hastings has the skills and he is a quality goal kicker, both of which we're currently lacking. And while I'm not a big fan of Myles, at least he's solid and despite being Mr Plod we know he'll put in, however slowly it might be.

@HoldenV8 fair enough to point out Sironen has done nothing to nail down a spot yet but you are proposing to include Lane Cullen and Perrett who are in exactly the same boat.

Here is a question.

When is Curtis Sironen going to turn his 'potential' into someone fully deserving of a place in first grade? The guy made his NRL debut in 2012. In that time he couldn't crack a regular first grade spot for the Tigpies (62 games in 5 years) in a forward pack that other than Woods, Farah and probably Grant, was average at best.

And just remember, one of his coaches at the Tigpies was Tim Sheens who unlike Taylor can't be accused of not having a clue.

I know we are hampered by a lack of troops right now. Any team missing 4 of their props, 3 of who are considered first choice players (sorry Lloyd, its not you) will struggle. But the selections continue to be baffling at best.

When we get Kapow, AFB, Lussick and even Perrett back, I'd love to see our pack (and bench) be something like:

Lussick, Hastings, Lawrence, Taupau, Lane, Trbojevic. Res - Fonua-Blake, Perrett, Cullen, Myles.

Api blunts our attack every single tackle with his sloppy work at dummy half. Neither Winterstein or Sironen would get a run at other clubs. And Brown's deficiencies have been done to death. Hastings has the skills and he is a quality goal kicker, both of which we're currently lacking. And while I'm not a big fan of Myles, at least he's solid and despite being Mr Plod we know he'll put in, however slowly it might be.
solid post. I expect Baz will find a spot soon enough for Hastings when we are 0-5 to start the season. It will coincide with all our forwards being back on deck and hopefully a win or two which may see Hastings part of the starting 17. I don't understand why Baz doesnt make Api the utility. He would be generally OK to come off the bench 60-65 mins in for a spark from dummy half if we are down. That's about the extent of his potential IMO. Would have loved for Baz to give a crack to a blacktown prop and what is doing with Hoppa??!

Cows by 50, Barrett to select the same team next week too. :mad:@:mad::confused:@:cry:
This could be the ugliest game for us in a long time, judging by the cowboys have being playing and at their home ground. Barrett will be looking for gate at half time. We all know JT does not think much of DCE. A LESSON COMING UP

When I looked at the team announcement today I felt like I had come back to someone's house the week after being served a turd sandwich for lunch, and they've offered me lunch again and I'm seeing them walk towards the bathroom with one of those little goldfish nets...

This could be the ugliest game for us in a long time, judging by the cowboys have being playing and at their home ground. Barrett will be looking for gate at half time. We all know JT does not think much of DCE. A LESSON COMING UP

For good reason. DCE has heavily under performed for 24 months, and is the highest paid player in the game. His contract has crippled us.

yeah, it all goes back to those backended contracts and then trying to start a transition with Glenn being first and we know what happened there.

If Tooves hadn't started that we could have had Glenn, Choc, Foran, Snake, Matai and Lyon all retiring within 12 months of each other or not playing due to issues. Imagine the team now - no DCE, Marty, Green, Walker, Probably Turbos as well as we wouldn't have had the money.

IN the 'true supporters, no sausage rolls to be seen' members zone.... Nate Myles says that the players have had a few talks this week. so it'll be interesting to see if there is a bit more of what we need this week.

He also said that if Tom keeps improving...we'll struggle to hold onto him! I wonder where he thinks he'll go to? My guess is that he was just saying that tom is getting better every game.

Oh, I see I have an alert....shall go and check it.

IN the 'true supporters, no sausage rolls to be seen' members zone.... Nate Myles says that the players have had a few talks this week. so it'll be interesting to see if there is a bit more of what we need this week.

He also said that if Tom keeps improving...we'll struggle to hold onto him! I wonder where he thinks he'll go to? My guess is that he was just saying that tom is getting better every game.

Oh, I see I have an alert....shall go and check it.

A lot of talking from the players, enough is enough. Time to aim up.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10