Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 3, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
For anyone that hasn't had the delight of listening to Kevin Walters calling a game involving a QLD team, you'll have that pleasure tomorrow night with the added bonus of Brent Tate.
Kev has great insights but is not an articulate man. Wish he was the Manly coach/Asst coach :shake:

Then again, Joey's slurred and giggly comments are an assault to the Viewers :swear:

Kev has great insights but is not an articulate man. Wish he was the Manly coach/Asst coach :shake:

Then again, Joey's slurred and giggly comments are an assault to the Viewers :swear:

Haha certainly agree on his insight, can ride a QLD team home in the commentary box ala Wally Lewis though!

Im predicting the first 50 pointer of the season. 54 - 12 to them
Really hard game to predict. Its hard to know how they will respond to the fierce criticism (and much deserved) during the week.
To me the bottom line is that there is too much to fix. Nth Qld 36-16
NYEagle

Really hard game to predict. Its hard to know how they will respond to the fierce criticism (and much deserved) during the week.
To me the bottom line is that there is too much to fix. Nth Qld 36-16
NYEagle
but its all apparently fixable

Can you imagine if they could combine the defensive effort from the Eels game & the attacking effort from the first 20 minutes of the Rabbits game & sustain for at least 60 minutes?? Don't forget we almost had the Cows up there last year with what I think was a worse team than what we have now & they were at full strength! We can only hope but if the boys can somehow sustain the rage I think we can get them......Manly 26 v Cows 10
o_O

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...c/news-story/88751ae3e8d9d5b47ba18ff52c283d1d
Incredible statistics point to learning curve for Trbojevic
Peter Peters, Manly Daily
March 17, 2017 4:16pm

WHOA there young Tommy, take a step back and some deep breaths.

Manly head coach Trent Barrett and his coaching and sports science team are trying to get Tom Trbojevic to be more selective about when he comes into the game in attack after he smashed all the statistical records in last week’s loss to South Sydney at Lottoland.

The 20-year-old fullback ran for an incredible 300-plus metres with the ball, scored a try and had a major assist in another in a full-on involvement for his team.

But there were times where his involvement in attack left him gassed in defence and he moved to the wing for a brief break. Barrett wants to minimise those switches.

“Tommy is learning with every game and fullback is a position where everything he does is under scrutiny,” Barrett said.

“We want him to pick and choose when he comes into the game. But that’s all part of his learning curve.

“He has shown from day one he is a quick learner.”

Trbojevic should relish the quick, hard ground in Townsville on Saturday night against Johnathan Thurston’s North Queensland Cowboys.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...c/news-story/88751ae3e8d9d5b47ba18ff52c283d1d

Manly head coach Trent Barrett and his coaching and sports science team are trying to get Tom Trbojevic to be more selective about when he comes into the game in attack after he smashed all the statistical records in last week’s loss to South Sydney at Lottoland.

The 20-year-old fullback ran for an incredible 300-plus metres with the ball, scored a try and had a major assist in another in a full-on involvement for his team.

But there were times where his involvement in attack left him gassed in defence and he moved to the wing for a brief break. Barrett wants to minimise those switches.

“Tommy is learning with every game and fullback is a position where everything he does is under scrutiny,” Barrett said.

“We want him to pick and choose when he comes into the game. But that’s all part of his learning curve.

Trbojevic should relish the quick, hard ground in Townsville on Saturday night against Johnathan Thurston’s North Queensland Cowboys.
Please don't let them ruin Tommy Turbo. He's such a willing learner - but do we have the right teachers?
And, correct me if I'm wrong but Snake's still on the payroll. Surely he should be used as TT's personal mentor rather than spending all his time (according to his insta) making sure his Melbourne restaurant is going well?

I can't believe that if we are still paying Snake and Scivvy their full wages for the year that they aren't at every training session and there on game day assisting. To hear Kelly say that he hasn't met Scivvy yet is worrying. Snake should be there teaching Turbo the finer points of positioning at full back.

Please don't let them ruin Tommy Turbo. He's such a willing learner - but do we have the right teachers?
This is my big fear with Tommy and Jake, too, Budgewoi. They're playing their guts out for very little reward at the moment.
The main problem is that Tommy doesn't really get to "pick and choose" his moments in attack because if he doesn't do the work no one else will. Even last year with his dud ankle he'd regularly take the hit ups a forward should have been making.

Both sides depleted, manly will show us if they can still rise from adversity, or crumble against the cows. Not giving a prediction just yet, this will be a key game for me. If we do crumble I'll be the most disappointed I've ever been in the club, if we rise, which we better, than I'll be happy so long we continue to rise from there.

I am born and bred in Townsville and I can tell you it is super hot at the moment and it won't be any better at 8.00 either they will struggle with the humidity. On an unrelated subject it is heartbreaking watching Gutherson killing it at the Eels, wow great decision to let him go.
But he's not a half and we needed a half. Ohh wait.

You would have to be pretty optimistic to think a win is on the cards, but if not, what we need to see is some positives to take into next week. With AFB, Taupau and possibly Lussick all back next week if we can take plenty out of tonight's match I think it will go along way to getting things back on track against the Bulldogs.

Tommy is young and still has things to learn.

It's only my opinion. But it's unacceptable in any situation to put Jorge at fullback.

No Joking. It was a turning point last week when he dropped the ball at fullback.

He's such a rock under the high ball. All the coaching staff are saying defence is as important as attack.

my prediction ... cows by 13+ follwed by 7 days of
*sack barrett
*sack dce
*sack myles
*sack brown
*sack korisau
*sack walker
*sack green
*all hail jesus... tom turbo
*cullen is the best thing since sliced bread

ummmm and some rain..

Tommy is young and still has things to learn.

It's only my opinion. But it's unacceptable in any situation to put Jorge at fullback.

No Joking. It was a turning point last week when he dropped the ball at fullback.

He's such a rock under the high ball. All the coaching staff are saying defence is as important as attack.
The fact is last week we totally blew Souths of the park in the first 12 minutes scoring 3 unanswered tries with our strike power .
Then the **** started, mistakes dropped balls and all the other sht we are capable of destroying our momentum .

Parra were leading the Coast 2 tries to nil and then they did a Manly with dropped balls Kicking out on the full by Gutho , frustration and Ill discipline play and penalties and the game went the Coasts way .
We have to have self control with the game plan and the ball to have any chance not only with the game tonight but with every game we play .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8