Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 9, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The commentators on Fox all thought considering our injuries we are going pretty well. We are showing improvement and really putting in. These guys know way more about footy and understand footy than people on here. I am not happy with losing but I really did not expect a win at all. I am not sure why people are shocked or upset. We played the premiers who are freaking awesome at full strength.

Thank God it was Fox and not Phil Gould giving them a good word.

The Cowboys are like a tsunami at the moment, on a massive roll with all their players on fire and working together.
We are the opposite, so can't be too disappointed with tonight.
The stupid penalties in the first 20 mins basically ended our game as it gave the Cowboys the opportunity to click into gear and they were off.
Hand on ball penalties are so discretionary. I'd love to see a breakdown of the top four sides and how many hand on ball penalties they have been pinged for compared to the bottom four sides. I'll take a punt and say not many.

Hand on ball penalties are so discretionary. I'd love to see a breakdown of the top four sides and how many hand on ball penalties they have been pinged for compared to the bottom four sides. I'll take a punt and say not many.
I'd like to take that one step further and see how many are given to those same 4 teams on tackles 4-5, and in what field position.

Remember when we used to bash teams into submission? We can't do that any more, as they ping us for getting any sort of defensive roll on. As soon as we start to apply pressure in their half we get penalised. Fmd!

In the pre-game Brandy said that over the first 9 rounds the Cows have only used 19 players.

As of tonight we have used 27 o_O
In the earlier game they said that Roosters had used 26 players and Newcastle 30. That means only Newcastle has used more players than us.

Back from the game and still upbeat about our defense.
The 5th tackle options and ball security are still WIP :cool:

Considering their tries were on the wing, where we had rookie wingers and two from us not cleaning up loose balls, I am not peeved.
@:)

Godinet was great at fullback, I couldn't believe it when Walker limped off.:rock:

Parcell, Vave, Killer, Darcy, Matai, Taupau all impressive.:clap:

Would like to have had Blake on in the second half, was he injured?

We need a 5/8 ASAP as our LHS is now being counted in the Crowd figures :confused:

My opinion for tonight's game is that the boys gave it a good go. For the amount of players injured and going up against the premieres us as fans can only be proud of their effort.

Positives

I think tapau is setting in well in my opinion best on ground tonight in defensive and attack. Followed closely by matai and J.Turbo.

Parcell offers quick plays and crisp passing. We are a better team with him in it!

Negatives

Tom Symonds. He is a basic player, he just can't handle the responsibility Cherry is trying to give him. I would much rather prefer him to play to his strengths and try to secure a new contract for next season. I for one am excited for Ferris to come back

DCE's inability to test opposing defensive structures when we are in the 20. He is now our go to man accross both sides of the park! He needs to offer more, good involvement in the start of the game but needs to keep it up. Our pack is working hard for our halves, the halves need to return the favour

What? Those bludging pensioners, they should stick to no-name cheese and leave the good stuff for important people to enjoy.

Is Breheur back soon?
After dominating the completion for a decade I can wait for a year of rebuilding until we continue the domination.
Cowboys looked like a team at there peak tonight. All there combination looked professional and polished.When they had an opportunity they took it.
They will be tough to beat this year.
I will be happy if we make the eight.

not because of the refs though. We have had all the penalties in the second half and all the ball, yet we have done zero with it. It seems to me all we have is a grubber kick.

if you blindly ignore all the extra work we had to make in the first half then sure but if you look at it sensibly you would understand we are fatigued from that and playing catch up footy from all the tea forced down our throats.

@HappilyManly Blake was on in the 2nd half, he went off at half time with the team and returned. You missed have missed the couple of good runs and and offload thrown in with the dropped ball. Was still strong though.

@HappilyManly Blake was on in the 2nd half, he went off at half time with the team and returned. You missed have missed the couple of good runs and and offload thrown in with the dropped ball. Was still strong though.
They were so good defensively that I could not see them up in the SW corner from my NE corner :)

I dont understand why we would expect any better.

The roster is no better, i actually think its worse. Hiku, Mason, Wolf, Foran and Horo would walk into this team.
I tend to disagree. Couldnt see Mason and wolf walking into the team.
Foran and Hiku would.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8