Game Day: Manly v Cronulla [Finals week 1: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fox

SEA EAGLES

1 Brendan Elliot 7

Back in his preferred position and solid as he has been all season at the back. Scored a good try late.

2 Jorge Taufua 7

A collosus for the Sea Eagles on the flank. Made the hard metres out of dummyhalf and again a force defensively.

3 Brad Parker 7

Bounced back from his concussion last week with a solid display and scored a first half try.

4 Moses Suli 9

Ran for 136 metres in the first half alone and finished with a game high 184 metres. Scored a try and had three linebreaks in a barnstorming display.

5 Reuben Garrick 6

Back in his favoured position on the wing and another solid night out.

6 Dylan Walker 6

Strong running game early took the pressure of his halves partner.

7 Daly Cherry-Evans 7

Two try assists in a perfectly underplayed hand from the skipper.

8 Addin Fonua-Blake 9

Set the tone with the most metres by a forward for the game and scored a well deserved try.

9 Api Koroisau 7

Scored a try and was solid defensively. Dangerous snipes out of dummhalf.

10 Sean Keppie 8

Filled in admirably for Marty Taupau and made a big difference up front.

11 Corey Waddell 6

Missed a couple of tackles early but was busy all night.

12 Jack Gosiewski 6

Had two linebreaks and a try assist and tested the Sharks in both attack and defence all night.

13 Jake Trbojevic 8

Complete performance with the most tackles for the home side.

INTERCHANGE:

14 Manase Fainu 5

Limited opportunities off the bench, but did his job defensively.

15 Haumole Olakau’atu 5

Came on late and more than held his own.

16 Lloyd Perrett 6

Added firepower off the bench in both attack and defence.

17 Toafofoa Sipley 6

Made an impact with limited minutes.

One thing I noticed is that Cronulla started pretty slow Sunday, and contrary to their form-line I don't think they really gel and play as a team - more as individuals. (thats why they ran 8th)
I'd like to see:
Fast play the balls - particularly the first 20 minutes - high octane straight up the middle and plays on tackles 4 and 5 only.
Simple instructions to the forwards - straight up the guts, stand up (read that Marty-and take note for next week IF you play) and play the ball quick.
Focus on possession possession possession.
No structured plays like we saw against the Eels - please (Cronulla will read it and eat it up). Do not play around Dylan again - keep the attack moving forward and do what we did until round 23 - bury them in the corners.
A straight line in defence. No more excuses.
I think if we do this, and execute, we can get off to a good start and win this footy game.
Please put Reuben back in his position on the wing and Elliot at fullback,otherwise Feki or Ronaldo Multalo will run riot.

There is my gameplan. Fill in any gaps with what we did up to round 23 - and put simple instructions and pick high workrate forwards.

Manly by 8.

NYEagle
Thank goodness Des reads my posts.

Perfect game plan exactly as described above.

GO MANLY

NYEagle

Attachments

• CB7E40B2-31E9-4862-876B-833384AA8691.jpeg
    CB7E40B2-31E9-4862-876B-833384AA8691.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 21
Special mention to DCE who came home the straight like a champion two miler. He had a very shaky start, but delivered when it mattered.

Why is he actively choosing not to run though? He has a great running game!
Think his ankle is a lot worse than being let on

I think back to the Newcastle game and he got the intercept and basically gave up and dropped to the deck midway through a run he used to finish with ease

Thought to share this from my post in the Round 25 Eels pre game thread @:)

all is not lost as we have not had more than two losses in a row all year ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8