Manly v Cronulla [Round Finals Week 2 2013] game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly v Cronulla [finals week 2 2013] game day thread

Gallen was saying on the BSB this morning that if Lewis plays at 5/8 they will play a tighter, in the forwards, game.
I was chatting to a Sharkies mate this morning and I was saying to him, that after the crash and barge of the Manly game last week, the Sharkies would be crazy not to adopt this policy anyway.

He also said that Carney was unlikely to play

Michael Gordon
Sosaia Feki
Ben Pomeroy
Jonathan Wright
Beau Ryan
Luke Lewis
Jeff Robson
Andrew Fifita
John Morris
Sam Tagataese
Jayson Bukuya
Wade Graham
Paul Gallen (C)

Isaac De Gois
Chris Heighington
Bryce Gibbs
Anthony Tupou
Ben Ross

Sharks will try and make this a war. In fairness its their only real chance of beating us, because they won't come near us in a free flowing game. I'm still confident we will create more than enough chances, pretty much like we've done all year, its about finishing them off.

I know the club have said he's OK but I'd still be a bit concerned about Fa'aoso playing. I don't think we have someone to provide that sort of impact off the bench and we will miss that from him if he's out.

Im tipping our forwards to be a lot fresher than people will be expecting. With the exception of Choc, largely quiet nights were had by all.

i can't see Fa'aoso playing this week, we can cover him adequately for this one (and will really need his grunt v Souths should we progress) so i'd happily see him have an easy week. For the Sharks I can't see Fifita playing either, and if he does, won't be near 100% but worth the risk for them i guess.
Weather suggests a dry track. Sharkies will give their everything for first 30, if we contain that / maintain patience the points will flow in the second half. That, or we can just assault them from the get go, pile on points and give the bench some game time.

We'll cut them to ribbons in the centers, surely

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
i can't see Fa'aoso playing this week, we can cover him adequately for this one (and will really need his grunt v Souths should we progress) so i'd happily see him have an easy week. For the Sharks I can't see Fifita playing either, and if he does, won't be near 100% but worth the risk for them i guess.
Weather suggests a dry track. Sharkies will give their everything for first 30, if we contain that / maintain patience the points will flow in the second half. That, or we can just assault them from the get go, pile on points and give the bench some game time.

The Sharks are 2 centres and a winger short of being a premiership threat. Robson just shovels the ball out like Trent Hodkinson and is almost as slow. Carney could barely walk after a grubber into touch towards the end of the match against the Cowboys so is no chance of playing. Their game plan will be to bash it up the middle then bomb. The main danger is Gordon off a short inside ball, although he has lost some of his blinding acceleration post knee reconstruction.

That's our strongest side. I'm confident they will get the job done. Biggest risk is they are already thinking about playing souffs in the preliminary final.

Jatz Crackers said:
Shoe1 said:
We'll cut them to ribbons in the centers, surely

We will. But Shirley doesn't play for us.

I was calling you shirley, jatz

driftout said:
Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The Sharks are 2 centres and a winger short of being a premiership threat. Robson just shovels the ball out like Trent Hodgkinson and is almost as slow. Carney could barely walk after a grubber into touch towards the end of the match against the Cowboys so is no chance of playing. Their game plan will be to bash it up the middle then bomb. The main danger is Gordon off a short inside ball, although he has lost some of his blinding acceleration post knee reconstruction.

I agree, but can we refer to hodkinson as "non hodgkinson" in future? Because he is a non entity, the g would piss him off, and it's a disease. I'm assuming he can spell, if he can't, the g won't matter.

BTW how much of the fine was raised by our fans ?

I still can't believe the game he had against Manly at Brookvale this year...2 bombs for 2 tries , a try assist fror Pritchard , then kicking the winning goal. The planets aligned for him that night and that game no doubt helped him get a 2 year extension. He's the slowest half in the game and the quality of his general kicking game fluctuates wildly from week to week. Letting Thurston go was one of the biggest recruitment gaffes ever made.

We should win this easy.
If we don't Toovey should be bent over a barrel in from of the cast of the ladyboys from Bangkok.

Jerry1 said:
We should win this easy.
If we don't Toovey should be bent over a barrel in from of the cast of the ladyboys from Bangkok.
These games scare me the most, the ones we're supposed to win.

Jerry1 said:
We should win this easy.

Famous last words.
We won't win this easy and The Sharks will be fired up bigtime and boast one of the best forward packs in the comp.
I'm confident that we will win but they won't be no easy beats.
Snake was running today so that's a good sign. :D

Mark from Brisbane said:
DSM5 said:
Jayne and Klein? Obviously we will lose the penalty count.

Better than Checcin and Prerenara

My words exactly about Checcin. As for Prerenara, I'd never heard of him before until Manly's clash at Brookvale Oval earlier in the regular season. He must be new.

manlyfan76 said:
Manly are $1.35 and Sharks are out over $3.20 with the bookies so Id say Carney is no chance.

1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Justin Horo
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Richie Fa'aoso
15 Jamie Buhrer
16 Tom Symonds
17 George Rose
19 Peta Hiku
20 James Hasson
21 David Gower

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Now that's the sort of line up I like to see. :)

Just been watching a movie called Sharknado. Up there with the worst I have ever seen but so bad it couldn't be turned off lol. Hope that isn't an omen for this week, the Sharks there claimed a few victims !!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Just been watching a movie called Sharknado. Up there with the worst I have ever seen but so bad it couldn't be turned off lol. Hope that isn't an omen for this week, the Sharks there claimed a few victims !!

Heh kiwi I have it recorded on IQ haven't watched it yet. Supposed to be a cracker.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2