Manly v Cronulla [Round Finals Week 2 2013] game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly v Cronulla [finals week 2 2013] game day thread

Foz better be on his guard against that grub Tagatese,I,ll bet he,ll target him again,like he did when he was at the Titans,and against us earlier this year

Sharks are going to play through the middle & try the lottery bombs all day.
If the manly fowards can match them, the backlines are worlds apart in talent & the Seaeagles 3/4 line could carve up a decent scoreline.

Their for and against of +8 is dwarfed by our +222, but it's still likely to be tough on the night I reckon.

master blaster said:
Foz better be on his guard against that grub Tagatese,I,ll bet he,ll target him again,like he did when he was at the Titans,and against us earlier this year

I wouldn't say Tagatese is a grub. He puts on legitmate shots, (I think they are anyway). We should be doing the same thing to their halves if they want to try and take it to the line. He has actually taken his game up a level the last couple of weeks, other than maybe one good run and tackle a game he used to be fairly anonymous most of the time, but the last few games he has put in some real good stints and given the Sharks plenty. Hopefully Ritchie is right to go because we need him to match that sort of impact.

I heard Brad Arthur interviewed last night on Gibbsy's 2UE show and he said that Ritchie trained with the team yesterday and would definitely be playing this Friday night.

Brad also mentioned that Brett will have a fitness test on Thursday to determine whether he would play. He didn't say anything else about Brett but also didn't sound too positive in the way he spoke about him.

its funny. We named Brett. They havent named Carney.

I think Brett wont play and Carney will. Just watching the Sharkies players in interviews.. having their poker face. Carney will play.

Brett is a 50/50. Do we think we can beat the sharks without him and let him have another week? That is the question. I personally think we can and would risk leaving him out if hes not quite right.

Tough one for Tooves. If hes fit.. let him play but if hes not quite right.. a big decision will need to be made.

The more tries we score, the more 2 min breaks we get waiting for replays and conversions. The more tries, the better rested we will be vs Souths. Both teams were almost legless after the 4 nil game.

Sharks will come out to bash us, they fully intend to win and they know that's their only their hope. I sense we are about to see another chapter in the book of outstanding Manly finals series.

bones said:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PCMDmjh3bxw

Why is that little bloke singing a song about incest? :p

I don't think it appropriate at all to be talking about anyone's mother like that ;)

WOW only a bit over one day and we will be one game away from a grand final!!!
Wade Grahame on nrl 360 almost gave the game plan away when quizzed on Lewis at 5/8 so I'd be expecting either him or Carney at 6.
I'm confident that we will beat who ever they pick but I'd like to beat The Carney. I have instructed my brother to catch a shark so we can eat it whilst watching the game.
Manly 28 Shaks 12
MOM Lawrence
FTS Taufua
LTS Lyon

Todd Carney is talking like he and the Sharks have already beaten Manly. Telling the media they're already thinking towards their preliminary final against the Rabbitoh's.

Hold your horses Carney. The Sharks haven't won yet :exclamation:

If carney is out we monster robson especially on the last tackle.

No mater who plays dce and foz have to bomb bomb bomb feki he is suspect under the high ball

I don't often get pre-match nerves at 7:30 in the morning but they're here.
This is a big one tonight. We can lose it through ill discipline and lack of possession but can win with a smart game, whoever we field.

If Snake is out will we be able to score enough points tonight ? We have struggled terribly to score points when he's not playing. Sharks defense is very good so we will need plenty of posession to win tonight. No silly penalties or errors is a must.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4