Post-Game Discussion Manly v Dragons [Round 18, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Dragons
32 Cbus Super Stadium
16 Jul 2021 19:55
76th minute

Match Stats

Great post mate. They alluded to the fact we seem a very happy team in commentary tonight.

That's a lot of work there as a coach. Get everyone pulling in the same direction, lookout.

I like the face they get.up each other on the field (Turbo to Paseka, Marty to Suli, Garrick to Keppie tonight) , because it shows accountability within the group, but broad enough shoulders to take it on the chin, and for it not to be a drama !

That's so healthy.
Talking about accountability, it was very interesting to see Parker was barking at the troops in the huddle in the shed before kick off!₩

They will tank the Bunnies game, probably sit 8 players, by then they will be able to bring in development and NSW cup players to avoid forfeiting.
Will be fascinated to see if the NRL lets them do that, if they do it just proves there’s different rules for some clubs.

Really good win but still plenty for Des to work on, particularly capitalising on early momentum. We were physically dominant for most of that game but let the Dragons off the hook early on, much like we let Canberra off the hook last week. We can't do that against good teams.

We also needed to be a little smarter to close out the game. We defended really well in the later stages to prevent St George from getting back into the game, but then undid a lot of the good work with cheap turnovers and poor options.

Still so much potential in this group. Can't wait to see how they close out the year.

Yep mate. I really enjoyed watching at the ground tonight. Three generations of Manly supporters had a great night out at CBus. I am going to watch it again right now. Nothing better then watching Manly win with my father and daughter there with me. Go Manly.
Your dead right full strength we can beat anyone. Any supporter on here right now who doesn't believe that can kiss my maroon and white arse.
I’m a believer bra and the thought of kissing your ass should be enough to convert the others, even if its maroon and white, last Night was great and my family was supposed to be there to, unfortunately COVID made it a non event for us.

Looks like Lawton thankfully hasn't got anything serious. So we've come out of this much-needed win unscathed. Chez Tom and Jake and if reports are right Aloiai as well, next week's team could be the strongest side we've named in years. No jokes. Like two years. I mean think about it:

01. Turbo
02. Saab
03. Parker
04. Harper
05. Garrick
06. Foz
07. Chez
08. Paseka
09. Crocker
10. Taupau
11. Smole
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Lawton (Walker if he's injured)
15. Aloiai
16. Sipley
17. Keppie

I wouldn't argue Walker for Sipley. I just rather size on our bench, comes in handy against the top teams like Melbourne and Penrith. And Lawton can cover multiple positions and pretty well too. So he's the perfect utility, our very own Cheese if u ask me. But yes, very excited for team list Tuesday!!!

Calling it, that backrow is the best in the league, by some. Jake will be chomping at the bit. Anyone see Jakey giving it to Dragon fans last night? Hahaha And Des saying in the microphone tell Jake to stfu ! hahahahahaha

Backline when in tact is so balanced. Garrick balances Parkers power game with speed. All three backrowers get quaklity ball to our outside backs.

That bench is like those old school bubble o' bill's....best sweet thing out there.

SET RESTARTS

1st Half:

The Time Figures in Brackets = Approximate Time Left on Clock for the half when the Set Restart occurred.

Manly: 2 - Tackle Number: 4 (27:45 - Ruck Infringement [Lawrie]), 2 (22:07 - Ruck Infringement [Ford]).
Dragons: 2 - Tackle Number: 4 (16:30 - Ruck Infringement [Lawton]), 1 (10:10 - Ruck Infringement [Foran]).

2nd Half:
The Time Figures in Brackets = Approximate Time Left on Clock for the half when the Set Restart occurred.

Manly: 2 - Tackle Number: 3 (24:08 - Ruck Infringement [Lawrie]), 3 (8:37 - Ruck Infringement [Lawrie]).
Dragons: 3 - Tackle Number: 2 (18:15 - Ruck Infringement [Taupau]), 2 (11:27 - Ruck Infringement [Sipley]), 0 (11:07 - Ruck Infringement [Schuster]).

GAME TOTAL:
Manly:
Dragons: 5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, both sides were back the 10m all night.

smemotions24.gif

Try 7:00pm today is the earliest we get it back on. Beyond a joke and when you have an elderly parent in a middle of a pandemic not good enough from them.
I understand what you must be going through mate, we've got my wife's 95 year old mother living with us and being thrust into blackout for that long would create a life threatening situation, that's a terrible response time, in 2021 you really do have the right to expect more

I looked at the replay and thought (as I did at the time) that the first try could have been stopped if Croker had run harder at the start (when Hunt ran around him he gave up the chase). In the Foran try I thought Schuster slowed down after the first pass then speed up to just take the pass on the inside. Both players had excellent games but it is some times the little things that make a difference.

Not sure if Keppie will last when a few forwards come back. Not that he is bad but think better options.
I like Parker as a centre but come back Tommy, Garrick needs to be on the wing!!
Love Harper and his work load.
Our forward pack could be something very special come play-offs. They will allow backs to shine

How has he failed at the Warriors ? He has barely been over to put anything in place due to lockdowns

Have you not seen how Penrith are going due to what he put in place ?
Sorry mate I just don't rate him that highly, he's had almost unlimited funds to weave his magic at the clubs he's been associated with so it's got to have been a pretty easy gig, if he came to Manly he wouldn't have the luxury of a large budget to work with and the results would reflect that, all that aside I suppose my mindset is largely built on his annoying commentary manner, like his fellow broadcaster Warren he just p1sses me off

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10