Game Day: Manly v Easts [Round 22, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
Ah, nothing like basking in the glory of a superb well deserved victory.

There's no shame admitting you went off half cocked and made a goose of yourself mate.
He is the goose that just continues to lay golden eggs. Very entertaining reading, witnessing a real living thing constantly shoving its foot down its throat.

Tomay

Bencher
I think our bench forwards really got us home today. Perrett was the best forward on the park when he was out there, Brown filled the gap when needed, Tanginoa provided a bit of spark and Lussick was solid without doing something stupid.

Jake, Api, Green and DCE were also standouts.

Brad Parker looks like a good future talent, between he and Kelly there's a future first grade calibre centre there and no need to spend up.

Surprised Turbo got man of the match, he played well but really needs to provide some more stability at the back. He let the ball bounce again and had a crucial knock on. Geez he has some impact though.

Fluffy

Journey Man
I'd be interested to get some clarification on the strip rule. I understand the officials deemed that the first tackler had fallen off before the second player came in to strip it. However, I'm sure I have seen the same scenario happen before and penalised. I could be wrong.

Previously i can only recall that being the ruling, today seemed another Manly rule change

Fluffy

Journey Man
I think our bench forwards really got us home today. Perrett was the best forward on the park when he was out there, Brown filled the gap when needed, Tanginoa provided a bit of spark and Lussick was solid without doing something stupid.

Brad Parker looks like a good future talent, between he and Kelly there's a future first grade calibre centre there and no need to spend up.

Surprised Turbo got man of the match, he played well but really needs to provide some more stability at the back. He let the ball bounce again and had a crucial knock on. Geez he has some impact though.

Marty clocked up a quiet 200m again as well

Eagleheart

Bencher
Well........what an unreal game, especially the second half, magic footy from our boys.

I mentioned earlier on in this thread that my mum was going to the game with me and that she had not been to Brookie for years and years and how great it would be to get a win.

Well it happened they won and won well and to share that experience with my mum is definitely something I will remember and value for the rest of my life. And as it turned out, my younger brother and his son also went, so it was just a really special time for us all.

Thank you Manly boys for stepping up today. My passionate sea eagles loving mum and I had a wonderful and happy afternoon and it meant a lot to us both...!

:):):):)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Their beloved ground has been rebranded Lottoland to keep the money rolling in but on a Sunday afternoon this place serves as reminder to the NRL how it should be: a packed ground, kids running riot on the hill, cold beer flowing with Flock of Seagulls' I Ran (So Far Away) blaring from the loudspeakers.

Retro Round is a Fox Sports construct but head office should never forget its audience. Manly is its audience.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...d-us-manly-have-a-future-20170806-gxqgh8.html

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Thought the turbos were stand outs today and dce again was brilliant in that second half.

Love brad parker. Way better defensively than kelly and safer. Runs better lines to.

How good was marty's post match interview when asked how you like playing in the front row " i absolutely love it hey! I love getting bashed and i love bashing people up!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26876

If he didn't knock that on though we had plenty of space on the edge, could've been a special play that would've instantly switched back momentum. They risked it all, and it turned up not to be a worthwhile risk although at the end of the day I'd rather not change a thing :mm:

He also had that courageous play at the bouncing ball, putting his body on the line, which in turn got a knee into the ribs. That really impressed me that, he may have knocked that on as well although he saved a try

Christol74

Reserve Grader
What a great win and thank God. I took two of my kids to their first game of footy today so a loss would not have been a good start to their lifetime commitment to the sea-eagles.

My 3 year old son believes there are only ever two teams in sport, the 'Goodies' and the 'Baddies' and the 'Goodies' apparently always win. I spent the first half explaining which team were the 'Goodies' and why they are losing.

Thankfully his theory proved correct and the "goodies' eventually prevailed and by then he was chanting 'Manree, Manree, Manree'.

Still a lot of work to be done with my daughter who was only interested in Fairy floss and ice-cream but she did enjoy her first ride down the hill. Pity about the bloody fence now installed at the bottom but anyway...

Very proud today.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
There is so much chat about what a superstar Tom is and has to be in Origin etc, I don't know how he gets rated up above Mitchell in that area, he is absolutely quality

The difference is that Mitchell is in and out of games during the 80 and week to week. He doesn't seem too bright and shows laziness in defence. In overall package they're not too dissimilar just slightly different components.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Being at the game does not give you much of a chance to look at all the comments on this blog, talk about a rollercoaster ride today, special win considering the adversity that we did to ourselves and the composure to fight our way back and run away with it. The passion our fans have is amazing. Today the crowd really helped the team and it was like the good old days. It all starts again next Sunday. This is what we live for as fans. Go MANLY!!!

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Such an awesome win today to come back the way we did! Along with Fergie's shoulder charge I noticed 3 of their high tackles were ignored and should've been penalised. Add the fact we had to overcome Checchin, who tried to keep us out of the game, made the win all the more satisfying @:D

For me the clincher was around the 70th minute when a Roosters player was driven back in goal by an utterly determined Uate and Lane?, and the team patting each other on the back and you could feel that was the winning moment. The tackle resulted in a line drop-out and then Parker's try, putting the game virtually beyond doubt.

It was a lovely afternoon at Brookie watching an impressive win against a 2nd placed team :clap: Go Manly! :party:

Ryan

Journey Man
What a fantastic comeback and win , one of the best that i have ever seen from a Manly side. Just a spirited and gutsy effort and performance. Great teamwork . goal line defence and just playing for each other so well again . Just some edge and general defence to brush up a bit and they are surely more then back in business as a serious and competitive final" s team. The great result actually had me feeling quite emotional . i must admit, at the end of the match . Certainly hope that it is good tonic to make Ryan"s and Niccipops difficult week feel a bit better and good also that it was a special result for Eagle Heart and her Mum

Mate, it was the perfect tonic. I loved it to bits.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16