Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
56 Sunshine Coast Stadium
14 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

Looking at the charges, Matterhorn is very lucky it wasn’t rated a reckless tackle. It’s only careless apparently. Looked reckless to me.

Sivo only charged and fined for his high shot on Tom.

RIP Brad Arthur

NRL 2021: Eels take extraordinary step to reassure fans in wake of shocking run of form​

With their season going from bad to worse, Parramatta has taken an astonishing step to reassure their aggrieved membership base while also assuring the under-fire coach sees out his contract.

Paul Crawley and David Riccio
Parramatta will go to the extraordinary lengths of sending out a message to all members on Sunday to acknowledge the fan’s disappointment in the wake of the embarrassing 56-10 flogging by Manly.
It comes as Eels chief executive Jim Sarantinos once again guaranteed that Brad Arthur’s job was safe beyond this season.

The Eels’ premiership hopes are in freefall in the countdown to the finals after tumbling to the team’s fourth consecutive defeat.
But while many in the game think the Eels are as good as gone already after dropping to sixth spot, at least they are attempting to put on a united front amid the mounting pressure.

Sarantinos told News Corp that the club felt for the fans but no one was ready to throw in the towel.

“We are actually going to send a brief note out to members later (Sunday),” Sarantinos said.

“It is just a brief note just acknowledging that we know our fans and members are disappointed.
“We understand that.

“And that comes through loud and clear and I think it is important to us to acknowledge that.”

Sarantinos said that he hadn’t spoken to Arthur following the game but had exchanged text messages and the coach has his and the club’s full support to at least see out the final season of his existing contract in 2022.

“Of course. He is contracted for next year,” Sarantinos added.

“Like I said, in the current situation the club is in we really can’t afford to focus on anything other than what happens next week.

“In times like this the best thing you can do is show support for your people to help them and try and regain some confidence.

“I think Brad has been asked numerous times in recent periods does he feel like he has got the support and I think he has said yes.”

Reuben Garrick...I’m speechless. I’ve always thought he was great value and have been a big fan but i honestly never thought he had this kind of footy in him...he’d be in the top 3-4 wingers in the game now.
Will put last teams
DCE played the best game I've seen him play for years. He tries hard each week but last night he was masterful, beautiful passing, near perfect kicking game and tough defence. If he keeps in this patch of form the other teams have plenty to be concerned about.

He was unbelievable both him and foz turned back the clock. The understanding DCE and Saab have after a relatively brief time playing together is amazing.

5E4D88B3-A996-4C32-9CA4-0FEA54FDC68F.jpeg

Will put last teams

He was unbelievable both him and foz turned back the clock. The understanding DCE and Saab have after a relatively brief time playing together is amazing.
Love how DCE and Foran centralize play in the middle that gives Saab that extra two metres he needs to burn his opposite on the outside. The combo of DCE, T Turbo and Saab on that flank is so beautiful to watch.

Yes it looks like you were still imbibing when you drafted this.;)
Guilty as charged
Imbibed to the eye balls

But the pain of Sunday was dulled by the joy of Saturday night

In these times having an impromptu virtual drinks with mates while watching the game brought out the best ( mmm ) in us and going to do it again

actually talked and joked through the game like we were there ( alcohol helped )

Could Be worth trying a ST Session(s) during a game

Could post the invite
Have to register to control numbers but could have multiple sessions

bozo would have to wear a shirt
Technical coach limited to speaking at half time
And global eagle banned from watching in bed from his time zones
But would be interesting listening with woodsie during a game or yarning with Mark from a remote fishing spot

Guilty as charged
imbibing to our eye balls

But the pain on Sunday was dulled by the joy of Saturday

having virtual drinks and talking with mates while watching the game was pretty cool and like you were there ( alcohol helped) and going to do it again

maybe a ST session
Could post the link
Register to keep numbers manageable
Might be multiple hosts
Could charge a small donation to join
Money to Dan and the site
Each session could snag an invited guest?
imagine 2V just dropping in for a moment

Bozo would have to wear a shirt
Technical coach muted
GE could prove it is still light at 3am in the morning

it would be good to listen to Woodside ire live or see a remote fishing spot northern with MFB

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10