Manly v Eels [Round 24 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Short turnaround against a desperate team with their season on the line. A loss was always on the cards unfortunately. A lot of away games at the backend of the season is really killing us.

mickqld said:
Lawrence , Hasson and Starling aren't up to it. King off injured again what's the point persevering with him. Buhrer is just too small and Horo ,Symonds also not up to it. Choc the only decent go forward and he's busted.

Buhrer was our best forward look at his stats. Choc was bad so was snake

Ok ive cooled down a bit, i expect a big bloody turnaround next week if we are any hope come Finals. Goodnight peeps.

With King suspended, and no other big, skillful front rowers, we will struggle against Souffs, Bulldogs, Roosters, and any team who can defend like we can and who get the referees on side.

The GF is now a long way away from us.

Taufua is a terrible defender and that kick at the ball could have got him 10 in the bin :dodgy: Where is his speed - Rad made him look dumb :mad:

Namis should be back next week. But really, Manly just need to play smarter :cool:

deano59 said:
22 unanswered points in 51 minutes to Parra! Manly unfortunately are gone, will not win a game in the finals! If a side outside the eight can do that to us imagine what good sides will do!

There is only 4 good teams in September

- roosters, storm , souths & us.

It all comes down to which team has the goods when it counts.

Penrith will lose 2/3 games remaining if not all 3.

What a ****e send of for Fui he deserved s bench spot at least . Come on for at least ten.
Respect to you mate - you are a tuff boppa.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
With King suspended, and no other big, skillful front rowers, we will struggle against Souffs, Bulldogs, Roosters, and any team who can defend like we can and who get the referees on side.

The GF is now a long way away from us.
and wait till sherriff Soward gets his hands on us next week,and with Segyaro and his dummy half runs,if we dont shut him down,then he,ll carve us up

mickqld said:
Penrith and Cowboys will tear us a new one with this sht effort. It's no longer a question of whether we are conserving or in a slump we just aren't up to it at the moment. Getting dominated in the forwards every week now.4th spot and out the back door in 2 finals this year.

Sneak into the top four and let the lottery of rubbish decisions, flukey bounces , over the top suspensions in the semis kick in. If we are in the top eight (even the top four) we are a chance and a little bit of pride hurting at the moment won't hurt. 2 points next week against Penrith and everyone's talk changes.

niccipops said:
Not a good game. Plenty of improvement needed. No excuses they were just busted tonight. No lack of trying just that a few of our legends had shockers.
Losing sucks but it's all part of being a fan. Onwards Manly.

few of our legends who have been whinging in the media. Watmough and his rants have made our problems public and since then it HAS affected the team.

I don't know what's wrong.

I'm not a coach and you can count the number of games I've played on one hand.

But I know what sort of heart this club has. This is not over. In fact, it's when we get knocked over like this that's when we come back stronger.

So jump off now if you want but don't come back all "Yeah Manly" at the end. Tooves will look at the game and do what needs to be done. We've beaten every top team and we can do it again.

We won't be going out backwards. Mark my words.

KaZa said:
niccipops said:
Not a good game. Plenty of improvement needed. No excuses they were just busted tonight. No lack of trying just that a few of our legends had shockers.

few of our legends who have been whinging in the media. Watmough and his rants have made our problems public and since then it HAS affected the team.

Rubbish choc was again by far our best forward.

Better to have this kind of loss now than in the finals! Need to find that hunger/passion again!
We came into the second half thinking the job was already done!
I know our forwards can do better. Not happy with kingdog. I think EPA could offer more!
Need to get more value from our bench

Jerry1 said:
KaZa said:
niccipops said:

FMD we have to do 24 more tackles a game because he has terrible hands and can't play the ball.

COMMANDER said:
Jerry1 said:
KaZa said:
niccipops said:

FMD we have to do 24 more tackles a game because he has terrible hands and can't play the ball.

If we had a few others who put in half as much and took some of the load then there wouldn't be half the errors. Choc is carrying the rest of the forwards.

That was embarasing and disgusting.
22 to nil in the 2nd half - should have been 28 nil.

Parra just outenthused Manly bigtime. All the other clubs are pushing our small, pissweak forwards around now - not just the huge packs.

Absolute truth in the "disunity" accusations, as distinct lack of enthusiasm and "mongrel" are classic symptoms of this.

Our backline is so bloody slow and this is a recipe for disaster, as our non existant "kick-chase" efforts, again an indication of just no commitment or dedication, means every other team (who are all much faster than our blokes), will continue to run in 90 metre tries against us.

Piss weak, no balls, laughable performance (2 or 3 players excepted - maybe).

I've had enough of this lot & will confidently wager against Manly for the rest of this year. I know we will not win another game.

Someone at the top needs to be strong & sack all the old deadwood.

Bring on 2015.

I heard DCE was playing his 100th NRL game tonight.

Must be his unlucky number.

Thought Snake tried his guts out.

Jerry1 said:
COMMANDER said:
Jerry1 said:
KaZa said:
niccipops said:

If we had a few others who put in half as much and took some of the load then there wouldn't be half the errors. Choc is carrying the rest of the forwards.

Would be great without the errors that he's never learned to fix after all these years.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10