Manly v Eels [Round 24 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will probably regret when the beer wears off.
How many of our forwards would be first graders in other teams.

Jeez I have the shuts with this team tonight.

Bandit said:
That was embarasing and disgusting.
22 to nil in the 2nd half - should have been 28 nil.

Parra just outenthused Manly bigtime. All the other clubs are pushing our small, pissweak forwards around now - not just the huge packs.

Absolute truth in the "disunity" accusations, as distinct lack of enthusiasm and "mongrel" are classic symptoms of this.

Our backline is so bloody slow and this is a recipe for disaster, as our non existant "kick-chase" efforts, again an indication of just no commitment or dedication, means every other team (who are all much faster than our blokes), will continue to run in 90 metre tries against us.

Piss weak, no balls, laughable performance (2 or 3 players excepted - maybe).

I've had enough of this lot & will confidently wager against Manly for the rest of this year. I know we will not win another game.

Someone at the top needs to be strong & sack all the old deadwood.

Bring on 2015.

Not sure if you are fair dinkum "bandit" , but if so it might be time "to leave the building". Would not want to be in the trenches with you. Top eight spot guaranteed (top four likely) and you dish out this dribble. If you've had enough, save us the trouble and move on. Raiders, Sharks, Tigers etc are always looking for new fans !!!

COMMANDER said:
I heard DCE was playing his 100th NRL game tonight.

Must be his unlucky number.

Thought Snake tried his guts out.

He certainly tried his guts out arguing with refereeing decisions that had already been made: taking a leaf out of Jarrod's book.

Bandit said:

Parra just outenthused Manly bigtime. All the other clubs are pushing our small, pissweak forwards around now - not just the huge packs.

Absolute truth in the "disunity" accusations, as distinct lack of enthusiasm and "mongrel" are classic symptoms of this.

Our backline is so bloody slow and this is a recipe for disaster, as our non existant "kick-chase" efforts, again an indication of just no commitment or dedication, means every other team (who are all much faster than our blokes), will continue to run in 90 metre tries against us.

I've had enough of this lot & will confidently wager against Manly for the rest of this year. I know we will not win another game.

Bring on 2015.

Manly will prove you wrong! Parra were really hot tonight they were playing for their season. You will eat these words come finals time!

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Aussie Battler said:
mickqld said:
2 points next week against Penrith and everyone's talk changes.

Its not a question of much interest as to whether we can beat Penrith. Its whether we can beat Woosters, Wabbits, Bullwogs.

Scumdogs really ??? Seriously they are not a threat. Watch what the bunnies do to them next week.

Ill be worried about the storm. Their backline can meet ours , their forwards have improved rapidly over the last few weeks.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
COMMANDER said:
I heard DCE was playing his 100th NRL game tonight.

Must be his unlucky number.

Thought Snake tried his guts out.

He certainly tried his guts out arguing with refereeing decisions that had already been made: taking a leaf out of Jarrod's book.

I am not critising our backline. And i am not dissatisfied with the effort being put in by Ballin, Ferris and Choc. The rest of them are either too old or too small and there's not enough ball playing, off loading with skill to keep the defence guessing, so they pick us off, and we make no ground.

The worrying part is that our defence fell apart in the second half. I won't say we were out-muscled, but errors definitely cost us.

And our million dollar backline has all the class in the world.....but no speed. Almost every other team in the NRL would have had Semi (who is big but he's no speedster) tackled before he hit the halfway.....we let him run 95m to score.

Did Parramatta win or did we lose?

Really gotta hope this is the wake up call needed going into September.

We really need to learn how to keep our composure for a full 80mins, especially when under relentless pressure, or calls frequently going against us, where lately we seem to just lose our ****.

I love Jamie, but have never felt very confident he and the senior players are great at managing the mental side of things in real time and finding that crucial balance of confidence, tenacity, judgment, timing and aggression; if things aren't going their way.

Des used to employ a mental performance coach. Does anyone know if Toovs carried this on?

Bandit said:

Bring on 2015.

The way our side came out in that 2nd half was like they all left at half time and went down to the TAB and put bets on for Parra to win and came back and played accordingly :dodgy:

AndyVXI said:
Really gotta hope this is the wake up call needed going into September.

We really need to learn how to keep our composure for a full 80mins, especially when under relentless pressure, or calls frequently going against us, where lately we seem to just lose our ....

I love Jamie, but have never felt very confident he and the senior players are great at managing the mental side of things in real time and finding that crucial balance of confidence, tenacity, judgment, timing and aggression; if things aren't going their way.

Des used to employ a mental performance coach. Does anyone know if Toovs carried this on?

Is this for real? You must support another team. Manly came within an inch of winning the GF last year.

Jerry1 said:
Hope tooves makes them walk home. In fact hope tooves has to walk home too.

You're soft Jerry. I say make them spend the night in Parra. That should be enough to make any of them thinking of signing with the Eels come running back with their tail between their legs...

Does Tooves give the boys Valium at half time? I thought we should of tried for more points just before half time instead of taking the 2. We had all the momentum.

HoldenV8 said:
The worrying part is that our defence fell apart in the second half. I won't say we were out-muscled, but errors definitely cost us.

And our million dollar backline has all the class in the world.....but no speed. Almost every other team in the NRL would have had Semi tackled before he hit the halfway.....we let him run 95m to score.

Did Parramatta win or did we lose?

Looked bad because both tackles before the try Stewart was the guy tackled. If up on his feet anywhere on the ground he gets him. That said, we seem to have a few of those flukey tries against us. Can remember Stapleton (sharks) scoring one, and Jennings nearly every time he plays us. I say save all the disappointment, grief etc until we get bundled out. Lots of people on this thread seem to think its week one of the semis, so keep on keeping your expectations low and you may be surprised.

AndyVXI said:
Red Pill said:
Is this for real? You must support another team. Manly came within an inch of winning the GF last year.

Yep, was there. Case in point actually.

Really ref decided the GF not the mental toughness of our players let alone captain!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8