Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 7, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Very, very, very disappointed on so many levels.....! I

That BS try that was awarded to the worms from a blatant knock on was an absolute disgrace. The forward passes from the worms went into double figures. The high shots on our players were numerous and mostly went unnoticed.

Unimpressed with the refs and the way Jamie was spoken to.

Quite frankly the NRL can get stuffed, the worms are cheats and have been given a leg up. They are dirty grubs and if Lussick wants to laugh after that game with Forme, he can rack off.

Snake had another shocker, stuffed a try up and his defence was non existent. He looked pretty disinterested tonight.

I am so angry because we really could have had that one, so much was against us even some of our own players.....!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...........................!!

You do realise that it is a game of football, and occasionally, players drop the ball, knock it on , and just generally, make mistakes, don't you?

It's quite scary how inept we look in the attacking 20. How easily is that fixed? I hope DCE returning (along with Parcell) should see it improve, but it seems it needs a lot more work than just the return of key players. I haven't really seen much in the way of creative organised plays with clear focus, goals and options. Most of it seems to be disjointed with just random individual efforts. I guess I'm questioning whether there is any system in place for attacking in the opposition 20.

Let's hope it improves when DCE comes back. It was poor in the first few rounds with him there, the backline were starved of good ball and still are.

Let's hope it improves when DCE comes back. It was poor in the first few rounds with him there, the backline were starved of good ball and still are.
Yeah, that's why I changed the word to "hope" in my post. I'm not sure that having DCE back is going to make it any better necessarily. The hope is that the improving defence and apparent cohesion amongst the team will give DCE a better platform (as a few on here have been suggesting DCE needs to improve).

Wasn't too bad tonight. Just lacked polish in attack and better 5th tackle options. Plus the slippery surface we gave them 3 tries from errors. Thought our defense is starting to aim up, especially in the middle and forwards have been rolling forward. There is lots of energy and talk. Just missing dce and really missed parcell. The halves looked pretty losy tonight. Too much one out and barret knows it. He will need to work on it.

Snake can't get involved enough with current halves. He has been like another 5/8 in the past and so much attack came from him.

Team played very well today! Some great signs, like wow solid play from our forwards! Go Fonua-Blake! Brown really stepped up at 9, I thought he played great! Dylan Walkers kicks were superb as was TRed's (we need another post about that guy assp!) ...

We had our chances, was a close game that could have gone either way. Very solid game from our lads!!!

I think TB nailed it in the presser.

We had opportunities in the second half. Had we been able to score and make it 16-8, we would have beaten them. But as the say, coulda, shoulda, didn't.

Our forwards are going forward. Our defence had some serious sting in it. We're just lacking that deception and variation in the opposition 20. DCE will make a massive difference. Losing Parcell was huge too.

As I said to the Worm fans after the game, it'll all be for nothing when they end up on 0.
I like how he put it out there for our Players - 'Effort alone won't win you games, we need to finish off games' :exclamation:

Last edited:
I thought our game was a big improvement , our defence is getting better every week and our attack is benifitting from that. Sorry the eels are playing great football at the moment and I think we did well to compete with them for most of the match. This isn't the Manly of old we will have to fight for every point this season so let's give them time and savor every good game and win we get.

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
Defense good up the middle but out wide Lyon and Tom T terrible. Kicking game was average to poor from Walker/ Api. Attack is non existent. Haphazard no structure one out individual sht getting us nowhere. Who is the skills coach because our ball control and cleaning up lose balls is shthouse. We aren't a top 8 team this year.

I think we are a top 8 side providing we get back key players. Everyone has been talking up Parra in the media and here yet we stuck with them for 70 mins. Only some bonehead plays by us and luck for them got them the win. No doubt we need to improve in key areas but we have been improving each week. Especially in the forwards. Now it's the backs turn.

Put that game in the cloud and let it blow the **** off. Five day turnaround from NZ while Parra seem to be playing every team coming off one. We did well. Lots of positives. The rest who cares.

Isn't the free interchange only for concussion caused by penalties?
No
Player welfare means that even Jenko faking it, after Tred knocked the ball out of his hands over the line, could have him replaced with a free substitute.

This rule will be exploited like all other rules - nature of competitions

Put that game in the cloud and let it blow the **** off. Five day turnaround from NZ while Parra seem to be playing every team coming off one. We did well. Lots of positives. The rest who cares.

The Speels were also on a 5 day turnaround. The difference is that it was their first of the year as opposed to our 3rd in 4 games, and their game last week was at home while we had to go to New Zealand and back.

Not trying to make excuses, but it could be a possible reason as to why we ran out of gas in the last 10 minutes and they didn't.

The Speels were also on a 5 day turnaround. The difference is that it was their first of the year as opposed to our 3rd in 4 games, and their game last week was at home while we had to go to New Zealand and back.

Not trying to make excuses, but it could be a possible reason as to why we ran out of gas in the last 10 minutes and they didn't.
It would be a very good reason. Before the game one of the commentators said it was our 5th game in 25 days.

And unlike the Speels who had a virtual training run last week against Canberra, we've had tough games.

Easts, Souffs, Warriors....none of them were easy.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10