Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 14, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
maybe he copped a cork or light strain he was telling the trainer to go away so let's hope Barrett is correct. I wouldn't of played him but I'm sure Barrett wouldn't of if he was even a bit uncertain tommy wasn't fully fit.

As for people calling for hastings to come on I trust the coaches.. sometimes it can backfire and api was crucial around the ruck.

Could be as simple as the cold and the wet making his dodgy ankle feel a bit tight, especially if he got a knock in a tackle.

What's the tactic with using one interchange for just 12 minutes and the other not at all?
Having Poo is a complete waste. We need another forward instead of him - Lussick presumably.
Whilst having a poo is technically waste, I would say its quite necessary, if you aren't having poo's you should really see your doctor or increase your fibre intake

What's the tactic with using one interchange for just 12 minutes and the other not at all?
Having Poo is a complete waste. We need another forward instead of him - Lussick presumably.

Manly would have really been in the poo if we had played Lussick (I presume you meant Darcy). He's out suspended for that reserve grade shoulder charge.

Is Tom holding his wrist as if it's injured do you think or perhaps just a little frustrated with how the night went.

I really hope it's not a separate injury, maybe I'm looking into to much

Is Tom holding his wrist as if it's injured do you think or perhaps just a little frustrated with how the night went.

Look at it this way, Skivvy retired so we need someone else to limp through each match nursing their injured body parts - all while starring each week.

Good point, should be use to it by now !

Take the points however they come in conditions like that, good job by the lads again ! We can rest up with the bye now (The players included)

I've seen Tom in a few winning games in his career look to be quite down on himself after a sub par individual game. I dare say he knows it wasn't his best game because I noticed that as well in the team song.

It certainly appeared to me that when we went up 18-8, we started to chance our arm a little more with the ball and relax a little in defence. If Uate's try had been disallowed, we would have played with a completely different mind set and Newcastle never would have got back into it. So to say that Newcastle win if they get the Uate call right, is wrong.

In saying that, for those who you who thought Uate's first try was unfairly taken off him, he didn't get the ball down in time before going into touch. So even if he was ruled to have not impeded Elliott's catch, it would have disallowed when they checked the grounding.

A moot point, but still.

As far as I know the nrl has never reversed a game result based on a dodgy refereeing decision. I suspect we are close to seeing it happen.

How about the 2014 semi final in golden point vs Dogs where Manly weren't given a penalty goal in front of the posts for Josh Reynolds being 5m offside? There was never any doubt on replay that Manly were owed a penalty & would have won the game right there and then. Not like tonight's game at all in comparison. Dogs eventually went on to the grand final on that rubbish play.

I've seen Tom in a few winning games in his career look to be quite down on himself after a sub par individual game. I dare say he knows it wasn't his best game because I noticed that as well in the team song.

Think that's spot on and was my thinking as well. Noticed few things during the game he was filthy with himself over.... well shows he cares and Turbo will bounce back in a big way.

Tough game with the weather etc to come back to after a few games off

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8