Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 14, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
How good would it be to be Blake Greens son. Father of the year!
Walker post game...

giphy.gif

While we missed Tafua's strong runs tonight the fact that Mathew Wright slotted two goals from the sidelines with a wet ball won us the match. Strange twist, but from adversity can come opportunity.
One other thing ....
I admire Tafua's Tenacious runs but can you imagine his ball control on wet conditions ?

Newcastle & NRL fans howling about Uate's Try on social media.
I'm sure had it been their team awarded the Try, they would've informed the Referee to overturn the decision forthwith. (Yeah,right)

Last edited:
How about the 2014 semi final in golden point vs Dogs where Manly weren't given a penalty goal in front of the posts for Josh Reynolds being 5m offside? There was never any doubt on replay that Manly were owed a penalty & would have won the game right there and then. Not like tonight's game at all in comparison. Dogs eventually went on to the grand final on that rubbish play.

Last week when Croker moved the kick in closer to the posts actually reminded me of this match, because the opposite happened to Manly. You may recall we were down 16-0 but came back to be 16-all. The try to equalise was scored by Cheyse Blair about 10m in from touch. A "melee" followed the try and for some unknown reason Lyon was made to take the kick from virtually on the touch line. He missed, and following a field goal each, (theirs after the infamous "kick the ball at the ref"play), they then kicked a field goal in golden point to win. So, in reality, even though Manly were pretty much "busted" by that stage, they could have knocked the Bulldogs out then and there, if the conversion had been taken in the correct position.

They're all pointing the finger at Manly & Uate.

Round 8.April 22. Broncos 25-Souths 24
Milford knocks-on from a poor pass, regathering to kick a FG to win them the game.
Souths coach Michael Mig wire arcs up about it...

Last edited:
Was very happy to get the win tonight, well done to the boys for their efforts.

The officiating was just dismal, unbelievable really.

The Knights did not get a 40/20, clear as day from where I sat in the pouring rain. This led to a gifted penalty and then two points to them. And this was just the start……!

It was so frustrating to watch the preferential treatment given to Drugcastle on numerous occasions all throughout the game. And if anyone wants to look at the entire game frame by frame, it will clearly show that the opposition were helped rather than hindered.

Anyway we got the two points and we deserved it.

Also I was not expecting the players to do a lap after the game as it was still raining and they had a presentation straight after the game as well. And heaps of people took off. But special mentions to Uate and Chez

Uate went around the ground after to meet the fans which was really appreciated, thanks Akuila.

And after the Malcolm Reilly Challenge Trophy presentation, Chez was the only other player to go around. He spent about 15 minutes to do this as he stopped for numerous pictures too. Chez is a legend and if anyone can pass on a message somehow to him. Tell him this meant a lot to the young kid beside me and well to me as well and to a lot of other fans no doubt. I could only imagine that he would have been looking forward to a hot shower but chose to meet the fans. Thanks Chez….!

Chez June 2017.jpg

The referees continue to baffle us all. Not using the technology which should be for every try scored and missing forward passes in every game. In my opinion the mistake to allow Uates second try would have altered the pattern of the game. At that time the Knights were still behind and not really threatening Manly. Manly did not play very smart tonight. In the last 10 minutes we should have ensured that there was no way out for the Knights. We invited them back into the contest through our own errors.

The Refs were on par with the Weather Bureau.

Just noticed in the Stats at the top, that the prediction was for 'Light Rain' :p

IMG_20170610_060740.jpg

(FYI the first post of the GAME DAY has the complete game summary)

Was very happy to get the win tonight, well done to the boys for their efforts.

The officiating was just dismal, unbelievable really.

The Knights did not get a 40/20, clear as day from where I sat in the pouring rain. This led to a gifted penalty and then two points to them. And this was just the start……!

It was so frustrating to watch the preferential treatment given to Drugcastle on numerous occasions all throughout the game. And if anyone wants to look at the entire game frame by frame, it will clearly show that the opposition were helped rather than hindered.

Anyway we got the two points and we deserved it.

Also I was not expecting the players to do a lap after the game as it was still raining and they had a presentation straight after the game as well. And heaps of people took off. But special mentions to Uate and Chez

Uate went around the ground after to meet the fans which was really appreciated, thanks Akuila.

And after the Malcolm Reilly Challenge Trophy presentation, Chez was the only other player to go around. He spent about 15 minutes to do this as he stopped for numerous pictures too. Chez is a legend and if anyone can pass on a message somehow to him. Tell him this meant a lot to the young kid beside me and well to me as well and to a lot of other fans no doubt. I could only imagine that he would have been looking forward to a hot shower but chose to meet the fans. Thanks Chez….!

View attachment 5646
Please post your brief comment (140 char) and photo to the

https://twitter.com/SeaEagles/status/873150422403268612

The Club has a post thanking the wet weather True Supportertahs that you can reply to.:nod:

What's the tactic with using one interchange for just 12 minutes and the other not at all?
Having Poo is a complete waste. We need another forward instead of him - Lussick presumably.

Would guess it is all about contingencies, Brown there predominantly as a reserve back rower, but if Walker or Kelly went down at any time of the game he is an adequate backup to fill in at centre, something you lose if a Lussick or Lane type are on the pine

Newcastle & NRL fans howling about Uate's Try on social media.
I'm sure had it been their team awarded the Try, they would've informed the Referee to overturn the decision forthwith. (Yeah,right)
hahaha they forget all the rubbish calls in the game to give the Knights a leg up. As usual the officiating in the nrl is a joke ffs they are Terrible. justice that try was. people crying how knights were robbed need a slap to the face we were never gonna lose that game and bombed 3 more tries at least.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...g/news-story/4d9c53455eb8003a9e47118937c24565

Uate insisted he should have been awarded both tries, including the matchwinner. “I knew I couldn’t get to the ball so I just went up for a contest. He touched it first, so I scored that try,” he said of the first incident. “I don’t think it was a knock-on, the next one I scored. It looks loose, but I still had my hands on the ball. It was a try. I don’t know what they’re talking about.” :p

Deny, deny, deny :rock:

Pretty sure Taufua would not have dropped the ballover the line like wright too.
first thing I thought when he dropped it. Jorge is a sure thing in those circumstances he's really gonna be missed he's so powerful. we should resign him for 2 years as he's proved he is an asset and we can't let parra buy him which they will and ruin his career

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11