Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 21, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes! With no Lyon, Stewart, Matai, Lawerance and Myles. Huge amount of experience and salary cap missing.

Yes but to be fair really only Lyon missing from the previous 3 weeks, so despite your negative comment ( about mine) I thought my comment was a fair one .

Just got home from the game.....!

I was sooooo excited and up beat in the first half, Manly looking good, the sun was shinning, happy days.

Then the second half started we scored two more four pointers and then the sun stopped shining and we started to play like rubbish and I started getting angry.

It was a pretty disappointing last 30 minutes of footy. 70% of the team looked lethargic and seemed like they had clocked off. The thing that was particularly disappointing is that the scummy knights even though they had tackled so much more than us found some energy and kept digging in, we simply looked disinterested and lazy. We looked like the team that was getting beaten.

Lewis Brown is a liability, he seriously needs to go. Walker is a hog at times and he needs to think a bit more about what he is doing. He hampers Chez and his defence is questionable. Wiliame, Wright and Green although I acknowledge they have all improved this year and certainly work hard at times they are simply not first grade material, (well at the moment anyway). And Api well definitely not my first choice hooker.

Tom, Jake, Marty, Jamie B and a few others were still doing o.k. but gee wiz there were some that were already in the showers. I love my Sea Eagles and am mostly happy we won. But honestly IMO after that later second half effort I am sorry to say, we have about a 5% chance of making the finals.

Last edited:
All the good teams have put teams to the sword in the 2nd half.
Not Manly. Weak lazy pathetic 2nd half.

Instead of going into next round with -20 we are -41.

We have put 20 points on in the second half a couple of times

sharks barely got home against the Knights as well

Another group of comments you'd read thinking we lost the game, when we won by 20. The Knights recently pushed the Storm all the way.

NRL.com list the game as follows (and this is from an outsiders view) of describing it:

Sea Eagles smash woeful Knights
The Manly Sea Eagles are now just one win outside of the top eight following their 36-16 win over the luckless Newcastle Knights on Sunday afternoon.
Fantasy scores, match stats & more
Your 100% right,anyone would think we'd lost with some of these comments on this thread,wake up to yourselves a month ago we were struggling to get a win now 4 in a row and fans still winge,just be happy for the team,cause I am.

Your 100% right,anyone would think we'd lost with some of these comments on this thread,wake up to yourselves a month ago we were struggling to get a win now 4 in a row and fans still winge,just be happy for the team,cause I am.
well said eagle 1, so many arm chair critics here, never happy. i went to the game with my boys and we had a great day and went home and watched the replay (I think we hit pause at the 48 minute mark).
For me the important thing was they came out of the sheds and scored 2, then clocked off. All i can see are positives, too many to even mention, so rather than winge why not take these positives into next week.

I was sooooo excited and up beat in the first half, Manly looking good, the sun was shinning, happy days.

Then the second half started we scored two more four pointers and then the sun stopped shining and we started to play like rubbish and I started getting angry.

It was a pretty disappointing last 30 minutes of footy. 70% of the team looked lethargic and seemed like they had clocked off. The thing that was particularly disappointing is that the scummy knights even though they had tackled so much more than us found some energy and kept digging in, we simply looked disinterested and lazy. We looked like the team that was getting beaten.

Lewis Brown is a liability, he seriously needs to go. Walker is a hog at times and he needs to think a bit more about what he is doing. He hampers Chez and his defence is questionable. Wiliame, Wright and Green are simply not first grade material. And Api well definitely not my first choice hooker.

Tom, Jake, Marty, Jamie B and a few others were still doing o.k. but gee wiz there were some that were already in the showers. I love my Sea Eagles and am mostly happy we won. But honestly IMO after that later second half effort I am sorry to say, we have about a 5% chance of making the finals.
Thought Wright had one of his best games for us, scored a try and made several tough runs coming out of our own end. Williame had a great game, don't know what you saw from him today that suggests he's not a first grader. Green was ok, did a job.

Thought Wright had one of his best games for us, scored a try and made several tough runs coming out of our own end. Wiliame had a great game, don't know what you saw from him today that suggests he's not a first grader. Green was ok, did a job.

Yeah they did o.k., I will give them that for sure, against the spoon dwellers the Knights that is. And it is certainly o.k. if we disagree on this though, but at this stage I don't rate the three of them as being up to first grade, hope they can prove me wrong in the coming weeks. :)

From where I was I saw Jaimie B, Tom, Taufua and Chez really gifting Wright and Wiliame some space with great passes (or a kick) to get them on a roll. Anyway Kevin, just my opinion and I am a hard marker.

Lewis Brown is a liability, he seriously needs to go. Walker is a hog at times and he needs to think a bit more about what he is doing. He hampers Chez and his defence is questionable. Wiliame, Wright and Green are simply not first grade material. And Api well definitely not my first choice hooker.

I have a question for you Eagleheart- what did you think of the Manly crowd? I mean it was a great turn out and yes cheering in the right places etc... But whatever happened to that wonderful 'Maaaannnllly' chant we used to hear from the hill that always made me feel like 'I'm home'?

Very good point @Karin and great you could get along to the game. The chanting and general atmosphere was lacking today. It was quite strange actually, I really don't know what happened and I think the Maaannnnlly chant started maybe once went very briefly and then stopped and that was it.

After the game my partner was saying how important the crowd is for these blokes especially at our home, to spur them on and give them energy etc, and I agree. But it was pretty quiet in the stands today unfortunately. Except where I was sitting, I was yelling out as usual.

Great to see the 20's WIN today. A bit of a surprise result .great performance by Tom Wright , throws a great pass & quick hands . All class in attack - give him space and its try time (3 tries today ) ,at 19 & not many League games behind him , I'm expecting him to develop into an NRL player .
Nico Hynes owned the game today .Superb all round game.
Bainbridge was impressive too.

DCE was dangerous with the ball in the first half when the intensity, punch and go forward was on offer.(has zero to do with having a foil in the first half as Walker was basically ignored as a ball-playing option)

DCE's rounded skillset will always flourish behind a pack that is punching through---the test with DCE to go the next level is when things are not going in our favour, forwards struggling for go forward and punch and how he takes control and is able to reverse the tide(this is where he loses composure and takes the wrong options and is magnified more so when there is no foil)

Foran is the type of player who has shown to lift a team under a weak go forward environment but lacks the rounded skillset of DCE to really punish teams when things are in our favour---they offer complete contrasts under different scenarios.
Yeah fair point, I did notice that teams sharpen defence on him when we get into their red zone, which forces him to act quickly and make bad choices it is generally because our forwards don't have them on the back foot. Then we try and take other options to take the pressure off him but it usually ends with a bad decision like a Nathan Green grubber.

We won
Should of been by more
Next week is season defining
We need to win well next week.. I think that second half effort will provide some motivation.
Never complain when we are winners
Still our finals chances are alive

Last edited:
Yes, cheer up guys! No use getting upset now about something that may or may not happen!

or.....

1a3f94414e1437bff73a2e7da05c1e52.jpg

Made it to my second home game for the year. Sense of déjà vu at halftime with my other being against Panthers.

Firstly the under 20s had a great win Hynes was dominant all game he has a big future, all the skills strong running game, good kicking and tackles really well for a half. Most of all, like the turbos, he does the little things right and has a really good attitude. Tommy Wright also showed his attacking class. Super quick & very skilfull.

The golden eagles was a great feature and looked very well done. The old boys up on the hill, doing a lap of the ground before kick off and forming a guard of honour were all fantastic moments of the day and I hope it builds for many years to come.

regarding the game yesterday, when Tom T went down close to the line hurt, was that a head knock? he dropped a lot of ball after that and kept looking at his hands as if they weren't working properly. Am I reading too much into it or do people think he was concussed? definitely a different player before and after that incident.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8