Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 21, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My predictions weren't that far off
Not really. You suggested we could lose the game and they were playing rope a dope in a half we completed 20 from 23 sets. Newcastle were zero chance to win that game at any stage. Our gun sides of the last decade usually took the foot off the gas too. Seems part of our DNA. We need to win games and we are. Not a real worry. Given Lyon was out was a great result. Half the posters on here had us struggling to win this game pre kickoff, we win in a canter and it's still not good enough. We will beat the eels next week. They are done for the year.

Not really. You suggested we could lose the game and they were playing rope a dope in a half we completed 20 from 23 sets. Newcastle were zero chance to win that game at any stage. Our gun sides of the last decade usually took the foot off the gas too. Seems part of our DNA. We need to win games and we are. Not a real worry. Given Lyon was out was a great result. Half the posters on here had us struggling to win this game pre kickoff, we win in a canter and it's still not good enough. We will beat the eels next week. They are done for the year.
To be fair we struggled against a poor knights side earlier in the year and that was with Jamie Lyon. Anyway you should be glad that I reverse mock the team. It changes everything. NOT!!

regarding the game yesterday, when Tom T went down close to the line hurt, was that a head knock? he dropped a lot of ball after that and kept looking at his hands as if they weren't working properly. Am I reading too much into it or do people think he was concussed? definitely a different player before and after that incident.
First thing I thought when it happened was cheekbone fracture. Looked right on that spot. He did have a poor second half, much to my SC disappointment. I think he was over 80 points at half time, and only managed to limp to 100 by full time. More errors in one half of football then I have seen from him all year.

There are 411 posts in this thread and I haven't read them all, so, my apologies if this has been said before.

However, was the "new" strip worn because cocojoy is dead and buried or, was it to cause Nathan Brown to revisit some old unpleasant memories from 20 years ago?

There are 411 posts in this thread and I haven't read them all, so, my apologies if this has been said before.

However, was the "new" strip worn because cocojoy is dead and buried or, was it to cause Nathan Brown to revisit some old unpleasant memories from 20 years ago?
It was our Community Round, an annual event sponsored by URM

Remember the Snake jersey designed by Wolfie a couple of times ?

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/07/28/celebrating_20_years.af_news.html

I will be flying down to Sydney tomorrow and staying at good Ol Doonside with my brother. Will be at the match with another mob to cheer us on.If you guys see 5 or so blokes standing among all the parramatta supporters then that will be us. We will be going out of our way to get up their noses.If we win then they will know about it.This is going to be a good one.Will turn up in my Russell Gartner 70's jersey.The parra supporters will wear what they always do.Leotards.

Mods please move my above post to the parra game thread.Sorry

I'll keep an eye out on the tele!

(You can always just delete your post and re-do it in the manly v parra thread. - actually you could also copy the post, paste it in the parra thread and then delete the post in here [less typing].)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6