Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Simonmyers11

First Grader
very, very lucky to be ahead at half time. very flat. need much better go forward up the middle second half. too much side ways passing. need better, quicker play the balls, hard straight running and more energy.

big breeze behind us second half should help field position

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
when corey norman got a professional 10 mins in the bin...I knew...I just knew Manly would be getting one. I wish I posted it!

All of a sudden the ref's have decided that the knights are world beaters giving them all the 50/50's as well.

Great to see BJ get a try on anzac day....you could see he wanted it!

Hopefully we go on with it...despite the refs.

commentators are so full of ****. knights try was a no try!

double hoops

First Grader
Yes a big wind which hopefully is worth points to us. But dam we could not have played a tight grinding game into the wind, or one man down any worse. The worse thing for us is if we keep playing this hit and miss style in the second half. Even if they come off and the balls stick and we flog em. This team needs to learn COMPOSURE.

Killer03

Bencher
Not a great first half, but a leads a lead. The sin bin and the breeze didn't help, so I'll take any positive. DCE has done one or two nice kicks, but I'd like to see tommy t sniffing around the ruck more.

Good to see t red fire up at sims.

Hgbcds

Reserve Grader
Jesus

Playing infront of a packed house on a team who is undefeated at home (granted only 2 games) against what looks like a gale force wind...and we all know the bounce back... and they are down by 2 points to a freakish try

I am not saying we are fantastic but you would think we are down by 50 the way some carry on
Thank you. Packed house in the country ,Anzac day. We're winning a dogfight cmon boys

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Happy to agree to disagree as to my untrained eye there has been progression, especially considering the draw / injuries we have had
Yeah, I think we are just looking at it in different emotional states. I also have been happy with some of the progress and improvement I have seen, and undoubtedly the injury disruptions have affected the timeline for getting it together.

There are 2 aspects that continue, which concern me.
1. Form of senior players (BS particularly, though Lyon and Matai have been hot and cold this season too. DCE yet to live up to his price tag and hype)
2. Ill-discipline and silly basic errors

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Very lucky to be ahead.

I was happy to see the Newcastle try turned down but can't see how BJ's was any more conclusive.

Put it this way, if the situation were reversed I'd be blowing up.

Let's hope we come home on the breeze.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I wish Gary belcher would stfu about the first knights no try. The rules say downward pressure and the scoring with a finger on the ball era died out years ago.
I wish he'd just stfu period. Not a fan.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13