Pre-Game Manly v Panthers [Round 5, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
06 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see us getting up for this game and somehow winning. We are that inconsistent and mentally weird of a team. Especially as it's confirmed that Nathan Cleary won't return till after the bye and Liam Martin is out as well as JFH. With a sell out Brooky as well, watch us do it.
And Sorensen as well i believe.

I can see us getting up for this game and somehow winning. We are that inconsistent and mentally weird of a team. Especially as it's confirmed that Nathan Cleary won't return till after the bye and Liam Martin is out as well as JFH. With a sell out Brooky as well, watch us do it.
I think I'd rather have fewer players out for them coz that could also get us thinking they should win without putting in. Seibs and his breathing guru we see in the Manly Way vids, need to get their heads in the right place for this game. There will be no excuses this week if we get beaten. I don't want to hear anymore of the players quoting the guru in their pre match interviews. I don't want to hear them talk about being "neutral", I want to see them out of neutral and moving through the gears to hit top by the 20 minute mark.

I agree, we are mentally weird team. But then, I can't talk. :)

The real question is whether the injured Cleary will be on the sideline using the dark force to continue Turbo’s handling and tackling woes

I think I'd rather have fewer players out for them coz that could also get us thinking they should win without putting in. Seibs and his breathing guru we see in the Manly Way vids, need to get their heads in the right place for this game. There will be no excuses this week if we get beaten. I don't want to hear anymore of the players quoting the guru in their pre match interviews. I don't want to hear them talk about being "neutral", I want to see them out of neutral and moving through the gears to hit top by the 20 minute mark.

I agree, we are mentally weird team. But then, I can't talk. :)
Yeah, the players pre-match interviews done by the club are wearing a bit thin and tiresome now, the same questions for the same answers.

To be fair, Paseka has shown improvement over last season and early this season. I also thought he played fairly solid against the Steelers, and continued to run hard. The intensity was down a bit compared to the first few rounds, but that was across the team. I wouldn’t be writing him off as Dorothy 2.0 just yet. He does need to go on with the forward development he has shown recently.

Yeah, the players pre-match interviews done by the club are wearing a bit thin and tiresome now, the same questions for the same answers.
I should say that I like the idea of seeing the blokes interviewed but they should be let loose a bit, I reckon. Give them the script but let them be themselves a bit more. How funny would it be for Guac to say, if he's asked about DCE and his 309 games, "yeah, he's an old fart now, hey. And geez he can be a drop kick sometimes. But we luv him".

I'm just back from the Vegas adventure and can't wait to get back out to Brookie for this game. I want to see Turbo tear them up after the weekend debacle. Don't need words from the boys this week, just an aggressive and silky performance. Here's hoping.

I agree they are filled with platitudes, but woke? What do you mean?
Sorry probably not the right word description but this "neutral mindset" being used as we don't want to upset players thinking perplexes me. Like no one should say any thing that might be construed as facing reality of playing like sh*t.

Sorry probably not the right word description but this "neutral mindset" being used as we don't want to upset players thinking perplexes me. Like no one should say any thing that might be construed as facing reality of playing like sh*t.
Totally agree

It's like neutral mindset means being neither positive or negative, not facing reality and sitting in the middle of both. Means we'll finish about 9th LOL.
We are currently 10th so you are probably right.

We could be 15th / 16th in a few weeks , or 4th it’s a weird competition

I should say that I like the idea of seeing the blokes interviewed but they should be let loose a bit, I reckon. Give them the script but let them be themselves a bit more. How funny would it be for Guac to say, if he's asked about DCE and his 309 games, "yeah, he's an old fart now, hey. And geez he can be a drop kick sometimes. But we luv him".

I'm just back from the Vegas adventure and can't wait to get back out to Brookie for this game. I want to see Turbo tear them up after the weekend debacle. Don't need words from the boys this week, just an aggressive and silky performance. Here's hoping.
I'm all for a comedy if the jokes aren't to lame. I guess there isn't much you can explain away after a loss, we lost looking to atone and looking forward to the next game etc etc

I'm all for a comedy if the jokes aren't to lame. I guess there isn't much you can explain away after a loss, we lost looking to atone and looking forward to the next game etc etc
No, I don't want to turn them into wanna be comedians but having a jab in jest at the Captain would be great to see. Much better than "we just gotta be neutral" or gotta put my best foot forward". :eek:

Hmmmm, maybe they should just stick to playing footy.

Manly could learn a thing or two from the tigers in defence and resilience!!

I hope the coaching staff show our boys video of how tigers defended today and with some heart.

I want us to turn up with the same defence mindset, do I think we will? Probably not

Last edited:
4 losses in a row after the next 2 games. Will it be time to shift out of neutral then ??
If we were to lose the next 6 that’s 2024 done & dusted.

I just think we are better than that.

I’m hoping Saturday was an aberration, if it wasn’t , we are doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10