Manly v Parramatta [Round 17 2013] Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was at the game.
Would have been telling if we had lost.
Having won though, not much of a guide - was only Parra and I think it was 3 tries scored in last 8 minutes against 12.

Some thoughts on players:
Wolf: A lot of ball time - resembling his old self
Tafua: Some errors but a real powerhouse
Gift: Looking good again
Foran: How we missed him last week
Rose: Really fed off his go-forward
Buhrer: Great to see him make an impact
Snake: Only getting better
Symonds: Hope we get to utilise him to his potential

Hope Gift & Rose ok - we don't need any more grief!

What a terrific game, we really needed that win. Great effort all round and we can and will get better. Visited the www.1eyedeel.com website. I havn't been there since my "defection" in MID 2008. its very very amusing over there except for the remarks about the fight, guess they still watch the wrong game in denial. But in my opinion Allgood us a grub and we all saw who threw the first punch. End of story, let the video replay speak for itself.

driftout said:
Dan said:
Foz to 7 lyon to 5/8 please

I doubt they'd move the premier NRL centre to 6. He hasn't looked nearly as comfortable at 6 in the past , but I suppose you never know.

He would look better than gifty did last week. He looked good in the midle last night too

Dan said:
driftout said:
Dan said:

I doubt they'd move the premier NRL centre to 6. He hasn't looked nearly as comfortable at 6 in the past , but I suppose you never know.

He would look better than gifty did last week. He looked good in the midle last night too

I suspect Foran at half, Lyon at 5/8, Taufua centre and Hiku on the wing to replace DCE in state side. Fa'aiso for Watmough, maybe Chee-Kam for injured Symonds

Chiz in for DCE
Fa'aouso in for Rose
Buhrer to starting side if Gifty can't play
Chee Kam onto bench
Sao in for Symonds.
Hasson to play in the backrow

This was a great win, no doubt about it. We need to build on this next week in NQL. But, we must remember that we just beat up on last years wooden spooner and this years likely spooner.

We went Ok, not great, Ok and parra were atrocious as usual.

It is the best result we could have hoped for (bar injuries of course), but I say again, we need to get momentum now.

Bearfax said:
Dan said:
driftout said:
Dan said:

I suspect Foran at half, Lyon at 5/8, Taufua centre and Hiku on the wing to replace DCE in state side. Fa'aiso for Watmough, maybe Chee-Kam for injured Symonds

Too disruptive, lots of guys in backline out of position. Keep them in their spots and bring chis into half. Or foran to half, hiku to 6

What is it with Ricky & his Eels? they missed more tackles than we had sets. Thats over 1 missed tackle for every minute we had the ball. Ok so they are not scoring 20+ points a game but don't they do defensive work at training or is there a bigger problem that Ricky has got to them in there heads and they have a poor attitude ( the way he let players go a few weeks back?) now which will always show up in defense first. Daniel Harrison played ok and seemed to do alot of their defense, if I were a parra fan I'd be wondering why they signed him if he plays well but doesn't get picked. So glad Im not a Parra fan. their 25 years since the last premiership have been poo.

That parra game was 2008 - stranger scored the winner in the wet at parra

You would think Gower would come up before some of the others mentioned?

lsz said:

The ashes isn't for a few weeks yet

I think we nicely wallpapered over some cracks last night. Parra are woeful.

Chip and Chase said:

They'll be better with Hayne and Hoppa coming in. That centre that went off injured is a gun, too. In a good squad, he'd be amazing. They also miss Ben Smith. There are a few others injured too.

Dan said:
lsz said:

The ashes isn't for a few weeks yet

Wednesday night baby

Chip and Chase said:

Unfortunately this is also the way i feel. We will find out soon enough i guess.

torana355 said:
Chip and Chase said:

Unfortunately this is also the way i feel. We will find out soon enough i guess.

Manly couldn't really win any public opinion last night though, could they. If they didn't flog Parra then they'd be labeled pretenders. Flog Parra & it doesn't matter because it's just that abortion bucket of a club.

The boys turned up & played relatively well, didn't lower themselves to Parra's level & made sure they put them to the sword. There's not much not to be happu about IMO. Can only work with what you're presented with.

Ryan said:
Chip and Chase said:

They'll be better with Hayne and Hoppa coming in. That centre that went off injured is a gun, too. In a good squad, he'd be amazing. They also miss Ben Smith. There are a few others injured too.

Looking forward to seeing their pommies come in, Hock is meant to be a nutter. Was suspended for pushing the ref a couple of months back

As said by others that game was no indicator Parra are a joke. Once again injuries are killing our season. Any momentum we gain seems to be smashed by a brace of new injuries. Next Monday won't tell us much with both sides being under strength. I just hope the Cows dont sack Henry this week. Fingers crossed we can put the sword through another coach with a smashing of the Cows just like we did to Anderson a few years ago.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8