Manly v Parramatta [Round 3 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we get out to 12-0, they'll fold like a cheap suit.

We just need to make sure we don't let them think they might actually spring an upset.

how about a bit of optimism? I think it will be closer than people think, but we shouldn't have too many problems. And I'm glad Checcin and Hayne won't be reffing.

Jethro said:
From the 'MANLY TEAM LIST' thread:

BOZO said:
MANLY TEAM LIST v EELS

1. Peta Hiku
2. Cheyse Blair
3. Jamie Lyon (c)
4. Steve Matai
5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Starling
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange
14. James Hasson
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Jamie Buhrer
17. Jason King
18. Jesse Sene-Lefao

King Dog or Gifty in doubt?

Mark from Brisbane said:
You know its these games I worry about most, they are usually "up" for the big games and that's often why we get such titanic or heroic performances.

But then along come these games.....we should whoop these buggers 60-4 but guess what,

They come with their A game after being flogged last week
We turn up with our B game thinking we'll flog them

I have seen it time and time again these last 5-6 years.

Lets hope we don't see it again this week!!

@"Mark from Brisbane" Parra won't win it on their own if they do. We'll getout to a 20 point lead and then be penalised out of it.

We have been ranting for some time now about the second half "square ups"....what's the bet if the Eagles are up 24-0 at half time that we see the big square up in the second half and Parramatta storming back.

Fair dinkum if that happens again, through a string of 8 straight penalties to the Eels, I'm going to be VERY VERY pissed off!!

Lasers can remove scar tissue, if thats what the problem is :cool:

I think that Snake's knees being reconstructured have resulted in misaligned thigh bones, hence the strain on the hamstring :(

Tadesco has the same issues and he is much younger.

There's something seriously wrong with Brett's hamstrings, he's had the same issue now for three years....we will be lucky if we get ten games out of him this year.

He's fantastic when he's there but you almost have to have a full time second fullback as a back up.

Doing a search for Manly jerseys I found this. Manly and Parra? Is it Brookie?

rexmossop252caustralianrugbyplayer.jpg

That's Rex Mossop in our best ever jersey. I wear a retro version. This is the jersey Manly was wearing when I first started watching RL. It's probably late 1950's. I'm told the big eagle, which was plastic, would crinkle when washed and become uncomfortable and impractical to wear, thus they changed the design. Nowdays, of course, clubs don't have the space on their jerseys to have such large emblems, because of all the sponsor's names.
I don;t think this is Brookie. Brookie always had a fence around it when it was a showground with agricultural sheds.

Brissie Kid said:
Doing a search for Manly jerseys I found this. Manly and Parra? Is it Brookie?

rexmossop252caustralianrugbyplayer.jpg

This is at Cumberland Oval from the look of the fence.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=cumberland+oval+1953+pictures&biw=1536&bih=741&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_40rU-3FMMrqkgXasIB4&ved=0CCgQsAQ

Result was Parra 19 vManly 30 27 June, 1953
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/scorers/games/195311.html#1318

Brookie, I reckon still has the same permimeter today as it did in 1953 :D

Brissie Kid said:
Thanks The Who.

I would love to see Manly do this jersey even without the big sea eagle. Or they could still keep the big sea eagle but have it sort of ghosted so that you could still have sponsors stuff.

Would love to see it as well. My Favourite Jersey !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6