Pre-Game Manly v Penrith [Round 24, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

12 24
4 Pines Park
10 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtually impossible to stop their attack.

But rather than 56-4 wouldn’t it be great if they came , took us lightly , and we go out and play a crazy game that sees us lose 26-14, don’t know about you but I’d take that as a win.

They’ll be expecting that 1 out play , we don’t have a single forward left that’s good for an offload , so frighten the **** out of them and kick to SAAB’s corner on the 2nd tackle OR when their fullback is defending in the line , we chip it over and run through.

Much ( most ) won’t work , but wouldn’t it be crazy if some of it did , imagine the fright they’d get !!
They certainly need to do something different. Having Luai out helps a little and again there are no excuses for Shu not to try and take advantage of that. He needs to put in 80 mins tomorrow night and show that he can actually influence a game. It's a tricky one when it comes to throwing the ball around coz a lot of our problems this year have come from not having enough ball. If we try things and they don't come off and we turn over all the ball again, then it will get very ugly. But not throwing caution to the wind will also make us predictable and we'll also get smashed.

They haven't really tossed in the towel in games this year (unlike last year) so yep, as long as they put in and start like they think they can win, that's all I can ask for at this stage of the year.

Virtually impossible to stop their attack.

But rather than 56-4 wouldn’t it be great if they came , took us lightly , and we go out and play a crazy game that sees us lose 26-14, don’t know about you but I’d take that as a win.
Manly people talking about Taking Manly loses as a Win ?

I would never ever thought that the day would come in our Legendary clubs proud existence
To accept a Manly loss as a Win .

May God have Mercy on us
May Our Legendary Premiership Winning God father Ken Arthurson and our one and only incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton forgive us for our sinful losing ways

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards and we Stand for Nothing Great
1691562012554.png

I would never ever thought that the day would come in our Legendary clubs proud existence

May God have Mercy on us
May Our Legendary Premiership Winning God father Ken Arthurson and our one and only incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton forgive us for our sinful losing ways

View attachment 24606
i certainly accept what you say but no ammount of my positivity will help the 17.
thats there fight. i will support them regardless but all great stories start from somewhere else.that place is here right now.
its the fight and the desire that is the success, the results follow making the right decisions and moves

manlys last success came off the back of northern eagles, arguably the saddest part of the clubs existence. thats what made it extra special. we recruited believers that instilled the confidence around them

when i have been in dark times, my happiness came about by changing my habits and outlook. at manly we supporters are just observers to a point

but still, i dig your vibe. it always makes me smile
go manly

Since we're probably long odds to even make the Finals, or win tomorrow night despite what the media are trying to say about our price going up (Penrith have taken all of their Origin players out before and still won so missing Luai and Kenny is no big deal to them), I wouldn't mind seeing a 2024 preview ... of sorts.

We're getting Luke Brooks who is expected to play 5/8 with Schuster to lock as a ball player and Jake to the front row. Why not do that now, just with Arthur as the pivot?? We are struggling to score tries as it is right now, especially without Turbo, and an extra play maker out there might not be a bad thing.

Our defence isn't winning games right now, but neither is our attack. We need something to change.

I’m certainly not suggesting full on ad lib, they’d murder us.

BUT we just do the standard , first 3 up the middle , try something on 4, kick in the air on the 5th , and they’ll murder us anyway.

I’d rather get murdered trying a few things , than murdered by just being ****.
I agreed Mark.....not talking a headless chook throw the ball and then look style, but need to play less predictable than we have been and move the ball instead playing 10m either side of the ruck like last game.
Controlled ab lib with a bit more flair is exactly doctors order for this game....if we just try play a high percentage game to out stay them, as we did vs Roosters, we are shot.
Also Liam Martin likely to drop out so they may declare the innings early....jokes aside, I have a sick feeling Manly will put in a damn good showing tomorrow night !!

I agreed Mark.....not talking a headless chook throw the ball and then look style, but need to play less predictable than we have been and move the ball instead playing 10m either side of the ruck like last game.
Controlled ab lib with a bit more flair is exactly doctors order for this game....if we just try play a high percentage game to out stay them, as we did vs Roosters, we are shot.
Also Liam Martin likely to drop out so they may declare the innings early....jokes aside, I have a sick feeling Manly will put in a damn good showing tomorrow night !!
Oh definitely not headless Chook stuff, just enough , occasionally, to surprise them!!

Honestly though , what’s he supposed to say

** this we are just ** , our lazy arse players are absolute crap , not worth $2 let alone $200k , the *ers should all be put on the scrap heap because they’re not just * they’re *ing *

Seriously , what do you expect him to say??

Mark, I'm talking about Matt Lodge contract status, nothing more.

You can't always read to much into the metre stats, as a lot depends on minutes played also when on the field the opposition has most of the possession so you could be defending for a long period, just look at fullback mts, because they take most of the bombs and run the ball back, they can take 15 bombs and run at least 10mts, there's 150mts without doing anything spectacular.

That's a good point too. Should be:

a) metres gained / b) minutes played = c) impact

And not trying to be a dick, I couldn't be bothered with that hahaha.

The lodger may well have signed for next year however perhaps it may be a lower grade contract or incentive based. It’s not worth having a barny about it.

The lodger may well have signed for next year however perhaps it may be a lower grade contract or incentive based. It’s not worth having a barny about it.
Another report suggests it’s train & trial with a possible sign on before June 30.

That sounds about right.

May God have Mercy on us

View attachment 24606
If the Tigers can beat them, so can we.

So I see on the news that Siebs has a secret plan to take down the Panthers.

I bet he has written "score more points than them" in hieroglyphics on the white board.
Or maybe in Latin.

May God have Mercy on us

View attachment 24606
I disagree 2007 Grand Final was definitely a win for Manly but we lost to the cheats ??? T

So I see on the news that Siebs has a secret plan to take down the Panthers.

I bet he has written "score more points than them" in hieroglyphics on the white board.
Or maybe in Latin.
Apparently it revolves around doing "what we're good at". Which proves Seibs is smarter than me, because I sat down and had a long, hard think about exactly what this team is good at, and I couldn't come up with anything!

Mate, Aloiai is addition by subtraction. (Take away his disruptive cultural application to the team) - Let's look at say his last 7 odd games for us, hit up metre wise:

23 metres against sharks
77 metres against dolphins
59 metres against eels
79 metres against storm
114 metres against chooks :party:
85 metres against cowboys
62 metres against sharks
(average - 71 metres)

lets compare that to our competitors starting prop this coming game

95 metres against cowboys
105 metres against knights
74 metres against storm
125 metres against dolphins
100 metres against dogs
125 metres against sharks
181 metres against storm
(average - 115 metres)

BOG - AVERAGE. For the record guys - Marty averaged 142 metres per game for us. And people complained about him hahaha.
"Marty averaged 142metres per game for us" ...very deceptive comment Ryan...most of the metres Marty got were ...Marty running sideways into the opposition..

I disagree 2007 Grand Final was definitely a win for Manly but we lost to the cheats ??? T
Yiassou Golden Greek Eagle

All our Golden Premiership Winning Manly teams were good enough to beat the cheats the refs and their opposition teams .
Nothing could stand in their way from Victory
When you are Good enough no one can stop you from Winning

The moral of the Great Manly premiership Winning teams story
Success in life is not measured by the obstacles one has reached
But by all the obstacles that they overcame
1691627075619.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14