Pre-Game Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 1, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 24
Allegiant Stadium
03 Mar 2024 01:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how Corey Waddell gets gig, surly Maddison gets a start over him.
Terrible I say. Now that Jake is bunking up with sister gets Corey in our 17?? Come On!
There Needs to an Investigation!

Disagree, Waddell is no superstar however he is experienced and can play either on an edge or in the middle. Matterson is more of an edge or 6 & I feel an inferior player.

Our middles are awfully slow. We don't have one solitary explosive player 8-13.

1. Jake is too immobile to play lock
2. Ben Trbojevic is not first grade standard
3. Lachlan Croker is ALREADY bandaged up
4. Karl Lawton - really? Got dominated for BT. AND wants the bag in the U.K. Is he really our future? No idea why either GCKT (admittedly been dead awful in the pre-season) and/or Arthur hasn't got this spot. Arthur was a standout pre-season..
5. Corey ****ing Waddell? Seriously Siebold. And he's so certain he didn't have to play a single trial? Have you seen this NSW cuo quality player at work? FMD !!

In my opinion, we needed Jake Arthur playing 13. That moves Jake to prop, and Aloiai back to the bench.

I'm hoping Schuster causes a reshuffle, because he DOES look quite fit this year, and I'm hoping some of that exhilarating explosive speed he had just two and a half years ago has returned.

We'll hang for them, for a while, until our middles get lethargic, then we'll be sliced open.

Just my opinion.

Disagree, Waddell is no superstar however he is experienced and can play either on an edge or in the middle. Matterson is more of an edge or 6 & I feel an inferior player.
Much of a muchness between those two really,neither move the needle,but given my daughter won a Corey Waddell signed jersey in the membership draw a few years ago,I think Waddell should be in

I am in Jackson Hole, Wyoming for three months. Anyway, I was getting all excited about the game this weekend. So I started looking at heading on down there flights, accom and tickets. Flights were OK, then I started looking at tickets. FMD, tickets on half way are $478. Other decent seats are on the quarter line are $189. There are cheaper seats for $19 but they are nose bleed at the end. Seats behind the gold posts are $79. I am really surprised that the NRL has priced tickets that high. I thought they were trying to get people to the game? Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I still might head on down there but just not paying that much for a ticket. If I go it will be nose bleed for me...... How many others are going?
Who's Jackson, and why are you in his hole?!

4. Karl Lawton - really? Got dominated for BT. AND wants the bag in the U.K. Is he really our future? No idea why either GCKT (admittedly been dead awful in the pre-season) and/or Arthur hasn't got this spot. Arthur was a standout pre-season..
5. Corey ****ing Waddell? Seriously Siebold. And he's so certain he didn't have to play a single trial? Have you seen this NSW cuo quality player at work? FMD !!

In my opinion, we needed Jake Arthur playing 13. That moves Jake to prop, and Aloiai back to the bench.

I'm hoping Schuster causes a reshuffle, because he DOES look quite fit this year, and I'm hoping some of that exhilarating explosive speed he had just two and a half years ago has returned.

We'll hang for them, for a while, until our middles get lethargic, then we'll be sliced open.

Just my opinion.

LOL. Arthur is the slowest out of all the players you mention.

Pass!!

Just my opinion.
I think Olakau'atu is our solitary explosive player in 8-13

Really hope that apparently training the house down reference in Alioai case can translate to a really solid input for his stints on the playing field .
Jake starting at 13 for what ever time not a totally unexpected outcome .
Garrick only his second i st grade game as a centre i think but with his background in that position , should go O K
Good Souths pack , Manly forwards will have to be at their best to match them or very hopefully gain an edge .
No doubt real weapons in Turbo and Koula , should have an overall edge in the halves .
Much may depend how well Cody Walker and Mitchell can be contained .
Probably not much in it . maybe some better individual performances from a few Manly personal can hopefully prove the difference .

Not a fan of Arthur? He was literally the standout to finish the year mate last few games), and backed that up in the trials.

He's make a great 6,7 and 14

Fun Fact about Jake Arthur: As far back as I could find records for ... at 188 cm (6'2") tall, Jake is the tallest halfback in premiership history dating back to 1908 (I used a minimum of 10 games played in the position as the qualifier).

Waddell is no superstar however he is experienced and can play either on an edge or in the middle. Matterson is more of an edge or 6 & I feel an inferior player.
Agree. With the big occasion that this is, and with Sipley and Lodge missing, I feel Seibs has gone with experience and Waddell can play in the middle or an edge. Similarly, imo he's gone with Lawton for his experience and can play 9 or an edge.

The team's fairly predictable and I'm reasonably happy with it, though I'm surprised Aloiai is starting (hope he's fully fit). The pack will come out with all guns blazing and hopefully lay the platform for our superior halves/backs.

Really hope that apparently training the house down reference in Alioai case can translate to a really solid input for his stints on the playing field .
Jake starting at 13 for what ever time not a totally unexpected outcome .
Garrick only his second i st grade game as a centre i think but with his background in that position , should go O K
Good Souths pack , Manly forwards will have to be at their best to match them or very hopefully gain an edge .
No doubt real weapons in Turbo and Koula , should have an overall edge in the halves .
Much may depend how well Cody Walker and Mitchell can be contained .
Probably not much in it . maybe some better individual performances from a few Manly personal can hopefully prove the difference .
There is a lot of relevance of what you are saying feathered friend

They say the game is won in players minds in the sheds before they run out on the field
And The Greatest impact on a teams performance is a coaches decisive game plane that is fueled by motivational up lifting of players minds bodies and souls
If you want to perform to your demonic and dynamic peak you have to be all there , Mind Body and Spirit and a game plan without inflammable motivational uplifting fuel is like a vehicle without wheels . It has a GPS but it aint going anywhere

A coaches ability to put his players in a trance is vital
As The Deep Trance is known to take All humans higher than we have ever been
The Deep Passion of Love Hate and Greed are most powerful words that all Humans are motivationally fueled by
The Love of Winning , The Hate of Losing and the Greed of wanting to be Undefeated

All tough Battles are won in the midfields of Psyched up soldiers
Underrated Underdogs have been known to have prevailed against Champions because they have been psyched up to want it more
1709028473611.png

Not a fan of Arthur? He was literally the standout to finish the year mate last few games), and backed that up in the trials.

He's make a great 6,7 and 14
Last Year Against Dogs and Tigers ? I only remember him playing 1/2 a game in 1 trial , where his tackle efficiency was 76% . FWIW , The kid has grown on me, but I don't think he is in Top 17 and Humphreys has moved ahead of him. Just my opinion

Last Year Against Dogs and Tigers ? I only remember him playing 1/2 a game in 1 trial , where his tackle efficiency was 76% . FWIW , The kid has grown on me, but I don't think he is in Top 17 and Humphreys has moved ahead of him. Just my opinion
It is the start of a long year , Players form and peoples opinions can chance

Not in the halves he hasnt.

Arthur will be first drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10