Pre-Game Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 1, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 24
Allegiant Stadium
03 Mar 2024 01:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a LOT of Manly fans who have travelled over.

I made some great friendships in my days running the supporter trips , many I’ve kept in touch with through Facebook in the decade since I retired.

There’s literally hundreds of them ( no I haven’t remained Facebook friends with them all ) over there by some of the photos I’m seeing , a lot already in Vegas but dozens & dozens in San Fran , New York , Nashville , New Orleans and our own Ella ( although not sure she’s a member anymore ) and her family in Canada.

There’s about 50 of them on an Hawaiian Airlines flight that lands in about 20 minutes , saw the photo of them all having a beer or wine at Honolulu.

I’m pretty jealous I must say as there’s just nothing like an away trip like that.

But we certainly will be hearing the chant on Sunday during the game.

Hello fellow Manly fans ! So excited for this season ! This backline we have is blessed with great speed and the addition of Luke Brooks who will be buy of the year imho will only make us better. I like Garrick in the centers I've been watching some wins from last year and he has the Jamie Lyon flick downpat and is quite powerful and elusive. The Souths backline is very weak but they have a good pack and ofc Cody & Latrell.

Manly by 8

nothing against Aloiai. I just think he would make a better impact off the bench than the other lot. If its tight game.. i dont feel we have a game changer on the bench or someone to turn it for us with a bit of impact.
True, but not set in concrete yet. Maybe when the team's finalised 24 hours beforehand who's to say Seibs will do a switcheroo...Jake/Brown...and Aloiai on the bench for that very reason...impact.

True, but not set in concrete yet. Maybe when the team's finalised 24 hours beforehand who's to say Seibs will do a switcheroo...Jake/Brown...and Aloiai on the bench for that very reason...impact.

TBH I would prefer to have Brown at lock and Jake in the front row rotation.

Edited:
There are 2 things to that though. First its that having Jake at lock means Seibs isn't having to sub off his best middle defender. Manly's defence up the middle struggles when Jake isn't there. And second, Jake has never been the best yardage maker when he does hit ups. His post contact metres compared to the likes of Paseka are sorely lacking. Tent made 1038 PCM in 2023 in 18 games. Jake made 513 in 18 games. Tent was just 3 metres shy of doubling Jake's season total.

As much as I would like to see him in the front row, because of his defence and his lack of hit up and post contact metres as a prop, we are better off having him at lock

Last edited:
Seibs and Brooksey just finished filming NRL 360
IMG_6517.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8