Post-Game Discussion Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 1, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Rabbitohs
36 Allegiant Stadium
03 Mar 2024 13:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

It's a shame you've felt that way mate, because it kinda feels there's plenty of excitement over here, even for people with lower expectations.

But understand your viewpoint.

Hopefully the footy brings you around. I do hope we set ourselves a little better in Defense and around the middles..

This season I'd love a few shutouts or even scores against us under 10.
General life turns up and puts footy further down the list as well, but I did sit down and enjoy it and start yelling at the TV. Said to the wife I wasn’t looking forward to it coming back but I quite enjoyed that first half, her reply was that she hasn’t been looking forward to it either hahaha. My 6 year old taking a bit of notice now and asking 1000 questions about the players and knows who all the teams are

Will be happy if I’m not tuning out of as many games early this year as I have the past few. Have been listening to a few preview podcasts and everyone seems to rate us highly if fit

Few concerning stages but great win all round especially with the reliance and fitness factor which seemed much more pronounced and defence generally holding up real well .
Souths are still one of the better sweep play sides , Garrick and Paulo a bit out of position for 2 of Souths tries and hopefully can learn .
Intensity level for the majority of the game up quite a bit , good understanding in attack and some well executed set plays .. Certainly is some potent attack with Turbo back , Brooks excellent all round game and the back line speed factor in general .
Burbo a quite solid game and will be hard to displace in the run on side , Alioai played tough and strong , Brown and Bully good , the usual top forward performers right up there again .
Was "t able to see how Manly were lined out after the initial Saab break but seemed a bad D C E option and could have been costly but a couple of other ill judged kicks [ including Burbo of course ] and more then made up with many better quality plays .
Think that Paulo deserves to keep his spot , safe under the high ball and should integrate in a bit better and with more opportunities .
Full marks for Waddell showing that bit of desperation in running back for that Souths kick through late but guess that Schuster has to come into the 17 somewhere and bench in all probability

Yep, bit of a question mark, hard to drop a player in a winning side tho. Let's see how he goes against his old club on Sunday week.
I'm happy to give him another go but I just didn't see anything in his trials to be as convinced as most that he was the walk up wing spot. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything last night to change my mind. Clearly Seibs thinks he has something, so I'll trust that for now.

Burbo came of age today as a fully fledged Manly first grade second rower. He was tough, unyielding and tireless. The Shoe doesn't deserve to unseat him from that position. Initially I'd give The Shoe a run at lock in the Workers, and if he plays well then bring him on to the bench. He needs to prove that he is an asset to the team. We now know for sure that Burbo is.
Yeah, I agree he should keep his spot. I would just like him to stop running cross field in some of his runs in less structured plays. He's so much better running straight and hard. Oh, and maybe leave short kicks for Chez and Brooksie 🤣

Broncos v Warriors first game in 95 in NZ.

We played the first game v Penrith a couple years back on a Thursday night I think.

WINNER

The first game of 1995 was on a Friday night at Mt Smart in Auckland where Brisbane won 25–22

And unfortunately yes, we lost to Penrith in our only other NRL season opening game in 2022. It was a Thursday.

I 100% agree. That's how it is on the hill at the game ! BUT, I guess people want the balanced, un-emotive, drone like experience here during the GDT, and they can have it.

I'm out. Particularly if I'm getting called out.
It was a joke mate, you aren't "getting called out", there were plenty of people saying the sky is falling at the 45 minute mark who were elated at the end.

I don't mind it, another poster was the one actually complaining about the emotions in those threads. I've been guilty of it myself, and I think most of us if we are honest have been a bit too much in the heat of emotions when posting.

You'd do well to follow your own advice from the Leniu thread and just move on without giving a s#!t what I say.

It was a joke mate, you aren't "getting called out", there were plenty of people saying the sky is falling at the 45 minute mark who were elated at the end.

I don't mind it, another poster was the one actually complaining about the emotions in those threads. I've been guilty of it myself, and I think most of us if we are honest have been a bit too much in the heat of emotions when posting.

You'd do well to follow your own advice from the Leniu thread and just move on without giving a s#!t what I say.

I have mate. Part of that moving on, is moving on from the GDT's. Hahaha. It's no big deal. Just can't be bothered with the post-game back and forth about who said what, and did what.

Few concerning stages but great win all round especially with the reliance and fitness factor which seemed much more pronounced and defence generally holding up real well .
Souths are still one of the better sweep play sides , Garrick and Paulo a bit out of position for 2 of Souths tries and hopefully can learn .
Intensity level for the majority of the game up quite a bit , good understanding in attack and some well executed set plays .. Certainly is some potent attack with Turbo back , Brooks excellent all round game and the back line speed factor in general .
Burbo a quite solid game and will be hard to displace in the run on side , Alioai played tough and strong , Brown and Bully good , the usual top forward performers right up there again .
Was "t able to see how Manly were lined out after the initial Saab break but seemed a bad D C E option and could have been costly but a couple of other ill judged kicks [ including Burbo of course ] and more then made up with many better quality plays .
Think that Paulo deserves to keep his spot , safe under the high ball and should integrate in a bit better and with more opportunities .
Full marks for Waddell showing that bit of desperation in running back for that Souths kick through late but guess that Schuster has to come into the 17 somewhere and bench in all probability
That initial line reference should have been resilience [ not reliance of course ] and gee it makes a difference over a full eighty when a side is up against it momentum wise and can still hang in there to gain the initiative again .
injuries to a couple key players the past couple of seasons have not helped but the resilience factor certainly worked in Manly "s favor yesterday

Thank God another year of footy has started.
And what a start by the boys,
MOST important everything was agaisnt us, the calls, the ref, russel crowe influence, and we found self belief which is the manly DNA of the past.
if we stay injury free to key players, this side has all the potential to take out the 2024 premiership

I wonder how many of the “ dickhead experts “ ( you all know them the usual
Media haters ) who had us running 14th are this morning thinking “ oh **** I got that wrong “.

Long long season this one , and a lot of water under the bridge to come but I think we’ll be a lot better than 14th.

I had us pegged for 8th , but could be anywhere from 5th to 8th.

I just don’t see is top 4 , YET.

If we can add a top notch forward in 25 for DCE’s last hurrah , maybe !!

Media haters ) who had us running 14th are this morning thinking “ oh **** I got that wrong “.

Long long season this one , and a lot of water under the bridge to come but I think we’ll be a lot better than 14th.

I guess I'm one of those you refer to because I said same position as last year. I haven't changed my mind after one game played under an extraordinary spotlight. I still have the same concerns about our forward pack and suddenly the first injury has exposed that we have depth, but quite weak depth, as we search for a Saab replacement.

I still think top 4 is possible, but as with every season it will come down to injuries

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8