Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol, you are on fire this week @Ralphie

To be fair, strength and fitness is something our team has really struggled with this season. It infuriates me how slow we play the ball. That's just pure laziness, and non commitment.

The old polynesian shoulders slumped play the ball, like they have been naughty boys, we seemed to have inherited.

To be fair, strength and fitness is something our team has really struggled with this season. It infuriates me how slow we play the ball. That's just pure laziness, and non commitment.

The old polynesian shoulders slumped play the ball, like they have been naughty boys, we seemed to have inherited.

Many are just " going through the motions", must be frustrating as all hell for the few having a go!

The Faders will win this in a canter. They will be too big, too strong, too fast and more importantly too hungry. Our team hasn't looked hungry since June 2014 and there is absolutely nothing to suggest there is even a switch in existence to switch them on with.

No problem at all with you not being glowing in praise for our boys this year but to suggest Canberra is some sort of sleek fast hungry machine based on what they have done this year does not add to your argument for a flogging. Their home record under Ricky is also disgraceful. They have been no better than us.

Close and entertaining game ahead..

Last edited:
I think we'll take the chocolates in this one.

The Raiders have been less than impressive most games this season. They're the only team I watch as much as Manly, because they're usually involved in entertaining games. Part of the reason they're entertaining is that their defence is paper thin at times, and they've got some of the dumbest players in the game, BJ, Rapana and Wighton. They can do some brilliant things, but other things which make you wonder whether there is anything other than bone in their heads.

Manly by 10.

Has Symonds actually gone like people are saying?

You'd have to think so, if you are going through the paperwork / negotiation process to punt someone elsewhere and are just about done, you aren't going to risk playing them, because one injury and you are going to be stuck with them on the books for the year. So i'd say its curtains for Tred and Mateo. I see Burgess named, so i guess still no takers there!

Well, if we aren't making the finals, there's only 13 rounds to go until Burgess contract expires anyway. Same as Symonds and Mateo - I don't understand the haste to release them tbh unless we are looking at acquiring a player mid season.

Well, if we aren't making the finals, there's only 13 rounds to go until Burgess contract expires anyway. Same as Symonds and Mateo - I don't understand the haste to release them tbh unless we are looking at acquiring a player mid season.

completely agree, it's hardly going to make a huge dint in cap space (6 months of a wage left - and chances are you are paying a bit of that for someone to take them off your hands. Doesn't allow much room to either pay someone forward or bring someone in. Might as well use them yourself. They're off contract, this is the period you should in theory be getting their best effort if they want a future deal somewhere. So if there isn't someone coming in... it doesn't make much sense. They aren't performing at their best when they do get a go because they aren't playing consistent footy / have a place of their own in the lineup / know they're unwanted, they're all over the place the way things currently are, hence the average performances and zero click when they are in nsw cup or 1st grade.

I have a pretty good feeling about this one but don't know why.

Maybe i'm hoping for a Manly performance where it's backs against the wall and we'll fire up.

I just noticed Jared Maxwell is the ref this week and that has sent a shiver down my spine. He and Cecchin seem to have problems with us.

Now I've come down a bit in my confidence about this game.

I'll still back us, but I expect a few 50/50's to go against us.

completely agree, it's hardly going to make a huge dint in cap space (6 months of a wage left - and chances are you are paying a bit of that for someone to take them off your hands. Doesn't allow much room to either pay someone forward or bring someone in. Might as well use them yourself. They're off contract, this is the period you should in theory be getting their best effort if they want a future deal somewhere. So if there isn't someone coming in... it doesn't make much sense. They aren't performing at their best when they do get a go because they aren't playing consistent footy / have a place of their own in the lineup / know they're unwanted, they're all over the place the way things currently are, hence the average performances and zero click when they are in nsw cup or 1st grade.
I don't think it's about cap space, it's probably more about accommodating them with another club with next year in mind, so if another club is willing to take them on now with a possibility to the future, then why not let them go if we're not using them

I don't think it's about cap space, it's probably more about accommodating them with another club with next year in mind, so if another club is willing to take them on now with a possibility to the future, then why not let them go if we're not using them

But why get rid of them if there's no other swap deal, isn't that less depth??

And isn't that the latest catch cry "you have to have depth to win a comp".

You'd have to think so, if you are going through the paperwork / negotiation process to punt someone elsewhere and are just about done, you aren't going to risk playing them, because one injury and you are going to be stuck with them on the books for the year. So i'd say its curtains for Tred and Mateo. I see Burgess named, so i guess still no takers there!

If you were an NRL club coach, would you want Luke Burgess? As I've said before, there is a reason Souffs didn't put up a fight to keep him.

If you were an NRL club coach, would you want Luke Burgess? As I've said before, there is a reason Souffs didn't put up a fight to keep him.

Complete and absolute waste of money, put that one down to the Joker (made before Bozo took charge), they were desperate to sign someone, anyone and he was it!!

Complete and absolute waste of money, put that one down to the Joker (made before Bozo took charge), they were desperate to sign someone, anyone and he was it!!

Said it before and will say it again.....Kelly brought the wrong Burgess brother with him to Manly. Sam was off to yawnion but we should have gone after one (or both) of the twins. Luke is, as my dad used to say.....as useful as tits on a bull.

Said it before and will say it again.....Kelly brought the wrong Burgess brother with him to Manly. Sam was off to yawnion but we should have gone after one (or both) of the twins. Luke is, as my dad used to say.....as useful as tits on a bull.

Given the form of Tom and George this season, I am glad we didn't go after either of them.

Given the form of Tom and George this season, I am glad we didn't go after either of them.

No argument there mate, but even not in great form both individually have done more this season than Luke has done since he started here at the beginning of 2015.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4