Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chuck Knight in there off the bench coming into lock, should be given opportunity after many forwards failing week in week out. Chuck turbo at centre and have koroisau off the bench for matai still carrying injury

1 Stewart
2 Willliame
3 Trbojevic
4 Matai
5 Taufua
6 Lyon
7 DCE
8 Fonua - Blake
9 Parcell
10 Lawrence
11 Buhrer
12 Brown
13 Trbojevic

14 Koroisau
15 Lussick
16 Knight
17 Vave
18 Leary

Taufua's return has been pushed back a week or two after picking up an infection during his recovery. Won't be a late inclusion tomorrow.

After todays revelations do you still think this team will go in with the right attitude?? Many of them playing on Friday were involved in the games mentioned, the good and fair ones will have their heads spinning!!
Have to agree with you Mark.

What irks me is the timing of these revelations - the day before the game which we're hoping will kick-start our rise up the ladder, instead of down. They couldn't have come out say a week ago when we were having a bye. @:mad:
Oh that's right, we're Manly. Ho hum :rolleyes:

Mark One thing I have always found amazing is that Penn and co rightly got a bad wrap for the way they handled Tooveys exit yet Foran, Stewart and co were in it it up to their ears and copped little. Same as the salary cap rorts. Never the player. Much easier to dump the lot on admin . Annoys the hell out of me.
i have always thought we should not have extended BS contract but like many on here took the easy way out and always prefaced any remarks on his future with club legend/ fans love him etc/. Well the time has come to end the charade and call a spade a spade. The childish rubbish that has plagued our club needs to end....irrespective of this alleged gambling stuff.

One thing I have not been able to figure out is why DCE was singled out as being greedy over the club at the time choosing not to offer Gifty a contract. All the talk we heard was how those senior players (which included Foran) basically blamed Cherry because the club was supposedly trying to gather as much money as they could to offer him a new contract and that was the reason that there wasn't enough money to keep Gifty.

Now forgive me if I am wrong but wasn't the clubs so-called 'war chest' also to be used to try and retain Foran? Why was no blame placed on him? Why was it all on DCE? And wasn't Foran in fact offered more money than DCE?

I have never understood that.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/76692ab7ed9372cfa1ab37fed16d5653http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/76692ab7ed9372cfa1ab37fed16d5653

NRL Late Mail round 13: Late team changes, gossip and SuperCoach tips

June 2, 2016 4:38pm
The Daily Telegraph

STEVE Matai is in doubt for Friday night’s clash against the Raiders due to an ongoing neck issue.

Matai trained on Thursday and will be assessed on game day to see how he pulls up.

“We are still not sure with Steve. He has got that ongoing neck problem,’’ coach Trent Barrett said.

“He has been to another surgeon to get another opinion this week. He will train today and we will see how it pulls up.

“It is a day to day thing with Steve at the moment. We will just have to wait and see.”

Dylan Walker is a certain starter after playing just 10 minutes in Origin, while a decision on Queensland prop Nate Myles will be made on game day.

story-fni0cx12-76692ab7ed9372cfa1ab37fed16d5653

Jorge Taufua definitely won’t make a comeback following a setback in his return from a broken collarbone.

“Jorge got an infection after the surgery, so it has put him back a few weeks,’’ Barrett said.

“We thought he would be right for this game and he was on track until he got this infection, and had to go back in to have surgery again a fortnight ago.”

It is hoped Taufua will return next week against the Penrith Panthers at Brookvale Oval.

One thing I have not been able to figure out is why DCE was singled out as being greedy over the club at the time choosing not to offer Gifty a contract. All the talk we heard was how those senior players (which included Foran) basically blamed Cherry because the club was supposedly trying to gather as much money as they could to offer him a new contract and that was the reason that there wasn't enough money to keep Gifty.

Now forgive me if I am wrong but wasn't the clubs so-called 'war chest' also to be used to try and retain Foran? Why was no blame placed on him? Why was it all on DCE? And wasn't Foran in fact offered more money than DCE?

I have never understood that.
Easy mate, Cherry wasn't part of the " Gang of Four", simple as that.

Well given the last 24 hours, what can we expect from the Sea Eagles tonight??

Will it galvanise them together to do better??

or

Will it be the complete opposite??

I really wonder at the space their heads might be in at present, although if its all just media speculation off a throw away comment made by a big gambler, then it may well bind them together.

Thoughts everyone.

Im looking forward to watching some footy tonight to divert from everything else that is going on currently!

Interestingly I saw some stats showing we've won 13 of our last 16 against the Raiders and haven't lost in the nations capital in 12 years.

Im looking forward to watching some footy tonight to divert from everything else that is going on currently!

Interestingly I saw some stats showing we've won 13 of our last 16 against the Raiders and haven't lost in the nations capital in 12 years.

That's a false stat as Manly haven't played in Canberra every year and we didn't play a game here for 4 years (2009-2012).......

Matai unlikely to play tonight according to Bulldog Ritchie. Worryingly he's been out for some time now.

Another gimme. Like The John's boys, Geyer and everyone else is doing, I'm thinking the Raiders pump us tonight. Another gimme - what's that 5 losses straight?

Surely barrett is close to being fired?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8