Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Mighty Eagles by 6.

Walker back to centre and Killer into pivot is going make a massive difference to the continuity out wide.

Parcell to have a big game.

Well given the last 24 hours, what can we expect from the Sea Eagles tonight??

Will it galvanise them together to do better??

or

Will it be the complete opposite??

I really wonder at the space their heads might be in at present, although if its all just media speculation off a throw away comment made by a big gambler, then it may well bind them together.

Thoughts everyone.
Would love to see the siege mentality we have been so famous for come back tonight.

Not having a go, but I honestly don't know how you can switch your support on and off like a tap. Manly is still Manly. Even if the owners are clueless, some players are (allegedly) on the take, we are getting touched up every week, its still Manly. You always have the glorious memories to warm your cockles (the 70's, the great man Arko, cliffy, beaver, eadie, randall, krilich, toovey, 2008 etc etc). No matter how hard it gets, I'm always optimistic the good times will come back again, like they always do. In a perverse sort of way I actually think this may turn into a blessing - ridding the club of some (allegedly) bad elements, starting afresh. Manly is much more than last weeks result, or what was in todays tele. How can you enjoy the good times to the full when you are prepared to ditch the club when the going gets tough?

Understand, and I'll say that Manly will always be my team no matter what. I'm just having a flat period, where I'm feeling apathy to it all. So rather than wasting my energy watching and whingeing (which pisses people off here), I'll do something that brings me enjoyment, and makes me feel plugged in.

Doesn't mean I don't love the "club" any more or less.

Like I said, my favorite time of supporting this club, was when we were easy beats, and had guys like Ferris, Mullane, Donald, NBQ & others in it. Sitting in a crowd of 3K against The Cowboys with the pregnant missus in the pouring rain under a sheet of plastic.

Want to know the difference between that team (and club), and this one though mate? We used to have a soul. We used to have passion and culture. We used to be about the fans. We used to have identity. It used to be us, vs. them. Fans felt plugged in, part of the community & important to the overall well being of the place.

We are now currently this bland, no heart, no passion product (that could very well be cheating) with ownership / management that consider fans irrelevant (and say so publicly). Can't remember the last time I was able to sit with a pie & coke and watch all three grades in the sun at Brooky with my season ticket.

It's just a culmination of everything, internal and external, but rammed home with the uninspiring, lazy, no effort team we are being forced to watch week in week out, who are betting on themselves to lose damned games.

I've poured thousands and thousands of dollars on the club, and many, many hours trying to improve Brooky, so I hope my loyalty isn't being questioned.

Right now, enjoyment levels are down for me (and I understand if it is down for others - I get it, and empathise). That's why this weekend is a make or break. Always support and love the club - just need more quality on and off the park - not form - quality like Steve Menzies, Brent Kite and Joe Galuvao, and less of the slop on show right now.

It's not the be all and end all tonight but gee we do need to wiin tonight
A win tonight could see is get on a run,
Go Manly

As a lifetime supporter who can't always get to the games over the past years, I would like to acknowledge the bunch of supporters who travel to every away game to cheer our team

I am costantly amazed by the number of people on this site who speak of the experiences of travelling to games such as a rainy cold Canberra night

THANK YOU

Your opinions are the ones that count and I hope the players and boss men at our club understand the commitment and hard assed loyalty that you guys display and take note

And lastly, if proven , any player who has disrespected you all by planning to ruin our club should be embarrassed, ashamed and held to account to you guys

Fukc the league fukc channel 9 fukc the betting agencies - make them turn up at brookvale for a lap of dishonour on full view then piss them off for ever

By the way
Manly by a ****e load tonight and DCE and FERRIS to share mom with the turbo boys

We never give in

Go Manly

Well, hoping my favorite player does what he does best &
13335582_1762899553946369_393932158355044248_n.jpg

Is the disconnection from the way the game is run in the way that fans feel like customers ( a quote from Mark) and I agree to a certain extent
The days of a regular men playing for your team through good and bad and looking from the outside the friendship and camaraderie that you could feel by sitting on the sideline
There is too much social media on players and it seems like too much information on a player that can change you perception of there personality
In saying all that, winning games can change all that,, it hides all that
It helps more though when you see more players putting in for each other and that seems to be lacking from this current bunch. I hope and believe that this current group will win games and will start to show more of a team all playing for each other
Winning can do that and all other things will fade into the back ground
It starts tonight C'mon Manly kick it and rip it

As a lifetime supporter who can't always get to the games over the past years, I would like to acknowledge the bunch of supporters who travel to every away game to cheer our team

I am costantly amazed by the number of people on this site who speak of the experiences of travelling to games such as a rainy cold Canberra night

THANK YOU

Your opinions are the ones that count and I hope the players and boss men at our club understand the commitment and hard assed loyalty that you guys display and take note

And lastly, if proven , any player who has disrespected you all by planning to ruin our club should be embarrassed, ashamed and held to account to you guys

Fukc the league fukc channel 9 fukc the betting agencies - make them turn up at brookvale for a lap of dishonour on full view then piss them off for ever

By the way
Manly by a ****e load tonight and DCE and FERRIS to share mom with the turbo boys

We never give in

Go Manly

Mate, I admire the passion but are you sure you want to share your mom with DCE and the boys after the match? That's a bit over the top IMO

Last edited:
Give u all a heads up
This evening in Canberra has been ok so far.

I think a odd shower over the next hour but cloudy cool and fine conditions tonight.

Give u all a heads up
This evening in Canberra has been ok so far.

I think a odd shower over the next hour but cloudy cool and fine conditions tonight.
Yes it's pretty mild. Brought in one tonne of firewood (driveway to backyard) earlier this evening. Nice overcast sky, certainly not chilly.

Then again I've called Canberra home for 9 years, so I'm used to it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10