Post-Game Discussion Manly v Raiders [Round 17, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
16 4 Pines Park
08 Jul 2021 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Credit to Raiders their short goal line kicks for repeat sets killed us. They just had all the momentum and made sure they kept it.
Was getting frustrated we batted the ball dead rather than at least trying to get in play but the pressure was high and no fb didnt help.
Some panic decisions in the last 20, we still had a chance with only 20% possession so just looking at it as a lesson learnt and a reality check.

No excuse but thought there was a lot of fwd passes from the Raiders and we had a rough night with the 6 agains.
Agree, there was more than one occasion that Garrick was unimpressed with Saab just batting it dead. Seemed like either Saab didn’t trust Garrick’s call or he didn’t call at all. I know they usually play on opposite sides but it was like they didn’t know each other, how many times did they nearly run into each other in goal.

Tbh I didn’t think we were all that bad, they played to not make errors and they didn’t, fatigue and scoreboard pressure got to us.
There was some poor individual performances that we paid for, Marty missing two online tackles and Suli, for wellbeing Suli and there’s 18 points to them. And Saab, if you’re going out or run out of space, kick it rather fling it anywhere ffs.

As much as we missed Turbo, the lack of leadership and competitive smarts of DCE was sorely missed.

Made something like 100 more tackles, missed only four more and made more linebreaks against a side that was always going to fire up this week.

Disappointed yes, but not slitting my wrists.

And re the six agains, there was one in particular where their Croker was trying to crawl around our marker but we got pinged for going on with tackle.

I did not bomb that certain try
I did not have an ineffective game
I am just saying it how I saw it and it is not how you saw it
You were also absolutely missing over the weeks Parker continued to score tries on a regular basis after your rant about how centres need to score tries. You dip in and out on the subject when it suits and are blinded by the things that don't fit your perspective. True growth comes from being open that our beliefs may no longer serve us and being open to new possibilities. You are yet to convince me you have the courage to question yourself.

Agree, there was more than one occasion that Garrick was unimpressed with Saab just batting it dead. Seemed like either Saab didn’t trust Garrick’s call or he didn’t call at all. I know they usually play on opposite sides but it was like they didn’t know each other, how many times did they nearly run into each other in goal.

Tbh I didn’t think we were all that bad, they played to not make errors and they didn’t, fatigue and scoreboard pressure got to us.
There was some poor individual performances that we paid for, Marty missing two online tackles and Suli, for wellbeing Suli and there’s 18 points to them. And Saab, if you’re going out or run out of space, kick it rather fling it anywhere ffs.

As much as we missed Turbo, the lack of leadership and competitive smarts of DCE was sorely missed.

Made something like 100 more tackles, missed only four more and made more linebreaks against a side that was always going to fire up this week.

Slitting wrists comes next weekend if we can’t beat the dragons. I know they will a depleted side hook will have his team fired up. If we are not switched on then I can see another loss next weekend.

The worst thing about the way Jetski played tonight is that normally a player could probably be forgiven for it being their first game back in what, over 2 months? Except for the fact that the way he played is how we have come to expect him to play even when he's match fit.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly:
Raiders: 30

214402579_10159208001740993_6027442764874769202_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Sea Eagles press conference | Fox Sports Videos
Raiders press conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips: TBA

Press Print & Video Articles:

You were also absolutely missing over the weeks Parker continued to score tries on a regular basis after your rant about how centres need to score tries. You dip in and out on the subject when it suits and are blinded by the things that don't fit your perspective. True growth comes from being open that our beliefs may no longer serve us and being open to new possibilities. You are yet to convince me you have the courage to question yourself.
I am always open to my beliefs and I have always said Parker lacks the pace and flair to be a dominant centre
The meet pies he scored were served to him by Tom
Parker is not known for making line breaks and creating try assists
He can be a competent defender but is far from the quality grand final dominant centres that we had
Have a good night feathered friend

And re the six agains, there was one in particular where their Croker was trying to crawl around our marker but we got pinged for going on with tackle.
I thought Saab could have had a go on at least 2 he batted out, he may not have succeeded but looked a little lazy and took the easy option.
Thing with Garrick he looks very much a confidence player and easily frustrated those bat ons effected him and then proceeded to have a shocker reading the bombs and letting them go. Didn't look like much communication between them.
Suli should have been looking at the ball, that falcon try was disgraceful and should ot have been scored.

We were gassed, to much red zone defence, I don't think we were that bad just a couple of errors and the momentum couldn't turn.
Didnt think we were realistic top 4 chance despite recent results so hold down 5th or 6th is ok with me.
A tough game and a loss here could be a blessing after some easy scoring games.

Come on folks, we're missing about 7 starters. I know it's been a rubbish performance but honestly the raiders played their repeat sets perfect. I mean what did they have, fifty tackles in our twenty? They won't do that again this season. The only thing this loss does is put to bed any top 4 hopes. We'll be fine.

Its a fair point but this was the Raiders less

Wighton
Papali
Whitehead
Curtis Scott
and both fullbacks Nicoll-Klokstad Y Simonsen

I could also mention they no longer have a halfback of NRL standard since George Williams told Ricky he was never but a C*&T.

I thought Saab could have had a go on at least 2 he batted out, he may not have succeeded but looked a little lazy and took the easy option.
Thing with Garrick he looks very much a confidence player and easily frustrated those bat ons effected him and then proceeded to have a shocker reading the bombs and letting them go. Didn't look like much communication between them.
Suli should have been looking at the ball, that falcon try was disgraceful and should ot have been scored.

We were gassed, to much red zone defence, I don't think we were that bad just a couple of errors and the momentum couldn't turn.
Didnt think we were realistic top 4 chance despite recent results so hold down 5th or 6th is ok with me.
A tough game and a loss here could be a blessing after some easy scoring games.
I wouldn't blame Suli for that falcon try. I think strategically, he did his job by creating a protection zone for his fullback. I'm inclined to put that on Garrick. He's the fullback with full vision in front of him and should be directing things. He should also be running forward and jumping to take that ball, regardless of who is in front of him. He sat back passively and it was costly.

I wouldn't blame Suli for that falcon try. I think strategically, he did his job by creating a protection zone for his fullback. I'm inclined to put that on Garrick. He's the fullback with full vision in front of him and should be directing things. He should also be running forward and jumping to take that ball, regardless of who is in front of him. He sat back passively and it was costly.
Yeah good point just didn't look good for Suli. Awareness of where the ball is.
Garrick had a shocker with the defusing the kicks no doubt.

After looking at the replay I think you are spot on there . Garrick was looking at the ball and instead of going for it he kept of looking at it

well there goes top 4 lol. Now we gotta do go on a 4 week winning streak in the finals. Don't mind it.

After looking at the replay I think you are spot on there . Garrick was looking at the ball and instead of going for it he kept of looking at it
Yeah, we need to consider the context. Garrick, at fullback, is looking forward and in a much better position to assess the situation. Any player running back is at a much bigger disadvantage, and quite frankly, their only role in that situation is to provide some protection for the players back and in the position to act on the ball coming down.

well there goes top 4 lol. Now we gotta do go on a 4 week winning streak in the finals. Don't mind it.
It is not gone yet but is more distant now . We still have a chance . All we need to do is keep on winning and hope the others on top keep losing

We would've won this game with just Schuster or just DCE or just Turbo. They are the biggest attacking weapons we got and where all our strike mostly comes from. But tonight we missed all three of them. Our attack looked lost, disjointed, clunky and predicatable. Plus add to all that defending we had to do with a lot of stuff not going our way with luck. And add to the stupid Jetski selection and not having Cust play more minutes. Just wasn't our night at all.

Yeah, we need to consider the context. Garrick, at fullback, is looking forward and in a much better position to assess the situation. Any player running back is at a much bigger disadvantage, and quite frankly, their only role in that situation is to provide some protection for the players back and in the position to act on the ball coming down.
Every game and every play is a new experience for both those young players and lets hope they will be both better for that unfortunate high ball experience

That’s exactly how I saw it too. He had to keep coming forward and contest for the ball, especially being so close to our try line. If he did that, caught the ball, and kicked Suli in the gutz at the same time, it would’ve been a win/win outcome.

Yes and no.
If Suli looks up or has awareness of where the ball is because, um, it’s less than 10m out from your goal line he catches it (unless he drops it). If you’re gonna be a blocker you should know where the ball is, yeah?

True, maybe Garrick could’ve made a play for it but seeing as it was a pretty harmless kick he’d be within his rights to think that Suli would.

Just goes to show that fullback play isn’t all the flashy stuff, marshalling your troops and forcefully communicating was underscored tonight by it’s absence.

Yes and no.
If Suli looks up or has awareness of where the ball is because, um, it’s less than 10m out from your goal line he catches it (unless he drops it). If you’re gonna be a blocker you should know where the ball is, yeah?

True, maybe Garrick could’ve made a play for it but seeing as it was a pretty harmless kick he’d be within his rights to think that Suli would.

Just goes to show that fullback play isn’t all the flashy stuff, marshalling your troops and forcefully communicating was underscored tonight.
Absolutely, Suli lost the ball was and could have done better. Nevertheless, Garrick needs to be taking control there and is in the pilot seat. Blockers need to do their best to be aware of where the ball is, but I have NEVER EVER seen a blocker actually take the bomb... though I accept it may have happened. Nor should we expect them too. That's the fullback's job (or whoever happens to be back there waiting and moving forward).

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10