Post-Game Discussion Manly v Raiders [Round 17, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
16 4 Pines Park
08 Jul 2021 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
He made more impact than the other backs that bombed certain trys or did not score
I seriously think you don't get team sports and group dynamics at all. Your philosophy seems to be just stack the team with perceived superstars and you have a premiership. If I had a meme to spell that out for you in your language I would share it. I'm sorry.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I seriously think you don't get team sports and group dynamics at all. Your philosophy seems to be just stack the team with perceived superstars and you have a premiership. If I had a meme to spell that out for you in your language I would share it. I'm sorry.
Dont be sorry just be your self
I do not agree with what you are saying
Thanks for your opinion .

Cioran

Bencher
I like Des and I have faith in Des but he made some strange and detrimental team selections tonight. As he did against the Knights. I don't know why he keeps selecting running backs in the halves. Cust or Froggy would probably have been much better at half.

In saying that, though, the Raiders short kicking game was more significant to the result than out team selection or the ref calls. The ref calls was a close second.

He's safe in the air under the high ball,
He's fearless returning the ball, tucks his chin in and runs straight at 'em.
He's more than speed.

He's safe in the air under the high ball,
He's fearless returning the ball, tucks his chin in and runs straight at 'em.
He's more than speed.
For sure I just mean he is a rookie still learning but his speed is godly and has made our backline exciting again.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Thought Garrick had an absolute shocker at fullback tonight. It's not all on just a few players. Lawton was pretty average. The whole team looked slow, lethargic and like they didn't care about the result from the first minute.
agree. Even if Tom played, we may have still lost. Too much dropped ball, giving away 6 to go, they had a massive 47 sets against us. We had no ball, played pretty poorly in the wet conditions and their middle forwards ran over ours.

Not reading into it too much. Get our troops back and re group after origin and make a strong run into finals.

Ryan

Journey Man
agree. Even if Tom played, we may have still lost. Too much dropped ball, giving away 6 to go, they had a massive 47 sets against us. We had no ball, played pretty poorly in the wet conditions and their middle forwards ran over ours.

Not reading into it too much. Get our troops back and re group after origin and make a strong run into finals.

Yup, no harm no foul. We'll end up 6th after the weekend, not bad when we get all our troops back.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If DCE plays in that game tonight all we would hear is excuses about how poor everyone else was and he tried hard. Tom is the only reason we are competitive this year. Stats don’t lie. We were equally as **** as this the first 4 weeks with DCE and no Tom. Funnily enough I think JetSki, Suli and walker played those first 4 games too. And Saab wound back his form clock as well. Garrick is no fullback.

What we really lacked tonight was leadership. This comes from both DCE and Turbo in different ways. Turbo leads through example. DCE leads both through example and direction. We lost both types of leadership tonight through their absence, but it was the loss of DCEs direction that really cost us the game. Walker doesn't have the mental ability/strength to direct a team around the park. Foran tried hard but was let down by others i.e. Jetski, Suli etc Garrick will never be a fullback and yes Saab played his worst game since the first four rounds. Turbo is the best player in the game, and no the statistics don't lie on his influence on our win/loss ratio. His influence on other players is incredible. He improves them just by creating an illusion of space around all our backline players by creating doubt in the minds of their corresponding defenders. He clearly is a freak, and if we lose him, we are simply a different team. But tonight I still think we missed DCEs leadership and direction more. Damn those QLD selectors for showing loyalty.

Last edited:

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Nah mate, he's one of the league's best centres , better than both Harper and Parker
I am not going to pile on Walker after tonight but he truth is we just don't know whether he still is one of the league's best centres, let alone the best centre in the club. He absolutely was one of the best in 2017, but James Roberts was the best centre in 2015 and Joey Leilua in 2016 and 2018 and look at them now.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I hope so because tonight was very hard to watch.

If we make week 2 of the finals this year I will count that as a successful season.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well this is the reality check we didn't need. What's most disappointing is our lack of fight. It's clear that the team doesn't believe it can win big matches without DCE and Tom. We missed DCE more then we missed Tom tonight. We cannot have Gosiewski off the bench. Suli should never play in the backs again. Walker should only play off the bench. We shouldnt change our wing/centre combinations again this season. Our middle defence without Jake against big packs is atrocious. We won't be winning the premiership this year. Time to regroup boys. We absolutely can't go in to the Dragons game expecting to win it, like we expected to win tonight. Embarassing effort. No heart. No fight.
Summed up perfectly.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
What we really lacked tonight was leadership. This comes from both DCE and Turbo in different ways. Turbo leads through example. DCE leads both through example and direction. We lost both types of leadership tonight through their absence, but it was the loss of DCEs direction that really cost us the game. Walker doesn't have the mental ability/strength to direct a team around the park. Foran tried hard but was let down by the down by others i.e. Jetski, Suli etc Garrick will never be a fullback and yes Saab played his worst game since the first four rounds. Turbo is the best player in the game, and no the statistics don't lie on his influence on our win/loss ratio. His influence on other players is incredible. He improves them just by creating an illusion of space around all our backline players by creating doubt in the minds of their corresponding defenders. He clearly is a freak, and if we lose him, we are simply a different team. But tonight I still think we missed DCEs leadership and direction more. Damn those QLD selectors for showing loyalty.
What we lacked tonight was the players did not step up
We were playing the rabble raiders at home and we should have been capable of winning the game

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I did not bomb that certain try
I did not have an ineffective game
I am just saying it how I saw it and it is not how you saw it
This is a serious question Bozo, what did Brad Parker really do to you? Fair go it’s like he still your first live and first born. Haha

Simonmyers11

First Grader
What we really lacked tonight was leadership. This comes from both DCE and Turbo in different ways. Turbo leads through example. DCE leads both through example and direction. We lost both types of leadership tonight through their absence, but it was the loss of DCEs direction that really cost us the game. Walker doesn't have the mental ability/strength to direct a team around the park. Foran tried hard but was let down by the down by others i.e. Jetski, Suli etc Garrick will never be a fullback and yes Saab played his worst game since the first four rounds. Turbo is the best player in the game, and no the statistics don't lie on his influence on our win/loss ratio. His influence on other players is incredible. He improves them just by creating an illusion of space around all our backline players by creating doubt in the minds of their corresponding defenders. He clearly is a freak, and if we lose him, we are simply a different team. But tonight I still think we missed DCEs leadership and direction more. Damn those QLD selectors for showing loyalty.
Agree completely!

Tom's ability to create space and doubt in the defense is ridiculous and just his game awareness and combines so well with DCE. Tonight Canberra just played the conditions way better. We just shot ourselves in the foot, didn't control possession and tackled ourselves into the ground. We have a poor record in those conditions. Its why also I cannot stand GF and finals games at night. Such a better spectacle played n the afternoon

Dry weather football we excel at. But we still need to control possession and win the forward battle. Did not do either tonight

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14