Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 8, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Brenton Lawrence has far too many abs for a front rower! fmd!

Read through the whole thread, loved it. Love the roller coaster!!

During the game it was frustrating to see a raider play the ball backwards then canberra get 3 penalties in a row for the square up. Refs were crap all night.

At one stage I was complaining (to the tv) about our 5th tackle options, then yelled at the tv about us seemingly standing around....'run **** ya!!!!'

High heart rate at the end! sheesh Walker don't do that to me again!

But yes, passionate comments rule!

Funny thing I notice is that if someone posts "We will will this." quite often people jump on them about being a jinx or cocky or just shut it... but if someone type 'we will lose this' we usually let it go unless we are a drunken wombat.

I guess.... I mean it's a forum so type whatever but I feel a little saddened when obvious fans (I mean that) type "It's a foregone conclusion that we will lose," or "there's no doubt they will lose," because;

a) I feel bad for them and their sadness they must feel,
b) To put it on a forum kind of dulls the 'good vibes' we are trying to create during a game,
c) It's not a fact that we will lose, and
d) Ya may be ****ing wrong!!!!!! (see point c) lol

And in this case, Manly won, so it wasn't a foregone conclusion! yay

So it's not a foregone conclusion we will lose before the game starts, or even at half time. (Being down by 50 with 1 min to go...ok then....)

You may 'think' we will lose. (Type that) and it's better for your mental health than typing 'we will lose.'

Your friend, Dr ge. :)

Read through the whole thread, loved it. Love the roller coaster!!

During the game it was frustrating to see a raider play the ball backwards then canberra get 3 penalties in a row for the square up. Refs were crap all night.

At one stage I was complaining (to the tv) about our 5th tackle options, then yelled at the tv about us seemingly standing around....'run **** ya!!!!'

High heart rate at the end! sheesh Walker don't do that to me again!

But yes, passionate comments rule!

Funny thing I notice is that if someone posts "We will will this." quite often people jump on them about being a jinx or cocky or just shut it... but if someone type 'we will lose this' we usually let it go unless we are a drunken wombat.

I guess.... I mean it's a forum so type whatever but I feel a little saddened when obvious fans (I mean that) type "It's a foregone conclusion that we will lose," or "there's no doubt they will lose," because;

a) I feel bad for them and their sadness they must feel,
b) To put it on a forum kind of dulls the 'good vibes' we are trying to create during a game,
c) It's not a fact that we will lose, and
d) Ya may be ****ing wrong!!!!!! (see point c) lol

And in this case, Manly won, so it wasn't a foregone conclusion! yay

So it's not a foregone conclusion we will lose before the game starts, or even at half time. (Being down by 50 with 1 min to go...ok then....)

You may 'think' we will lose. (Type that) and it's better for your mental health than typing 'we will lose.'

Your friend, Dr ge. :)

Honestly, I felt that way. I thought Canberra, in Canberra, a team that has basically dominated the opposition 3 weeks straight, against a Manly team, who's intensity seemed to have dropped the two preceding weeks - I thought 0 chance.

Then, at half time, I thought there was no way we were going to break that Canberrian wall with our attacking structures and sidewards running. I was like you screaming at the television (my poor neighbours).

If you look at the markets (even at half time), most punters agreed with me. Some Manly fans jumped on us at $3.80 or something in a two horse race. I'm not sure about how odds work tbh, but that means the professionals who predict the game were saying Canberra were 3.8X times more likely to beat us, than us, them or something?

That being said, it was the absolute opposite against The Dragons, where at Brooky (just can't call it LottoLand) I thought there was no way we'd lose to them.

I guess predictions are just opinions in the end. If someone claimed 100% we are going to beat The Bunnies next week, I'd just take it for what it was, an opinion. I wouldn't insult them, bully them, or demand a punch on by providing my address and tell them I was waiting for them.

It's just about empathy, being open minded, and willing to accept other people's opinion's and the way they put that across. Like I say, there are fence sitters who are not sure whether they want to post or not.

Watching a poster set up a punch on isn't going to inspire them to post.

Yes, the address and punch up request was ...surreal. Especially since the outrage was over something perceived and not actually typed!

"Misunderstandings rule".... or maybe I got that wrong. (see what I did there)

(copyright ge)

To shorten my waffle (cheers from everyone); I just meant to say that it's not a fact that (eg Manly v raiders) Manly will lose even if a someone (fan) honestly believes that with all their heart.)

"I think we're going to get thumped" feels a lot different to:

"Manly are going to lose, no doubt about it."

To me, it's a significant difference, but I see now that to others, it may not be.

The one thing I enjoyed waiting until morning and being alone was finding my voice to yell, cheer, maybe say a bad word or two rather than my usual have to watch the game in silence as it is midnight.

It was such a fantastic feeling to win this game, it really was. :)

18034152_10212204492885571_6859125779593342599_n.jpg

(Being down by 50 with 1 min to go...ok then....)

No, no - the abs are fine. Should be more of it, I say! That is a fine, fine specimen all round!

On the other point...it's kind of my go-to sledge to the early-leaver opposition fans when we are well ahead: "Wait! Wait! Why are you leaving? Your team can totally still win this!"

Honestly, I felt that way. I thought Canberra, in Canberra, a team that has basically dominated the opposition 3 weeks straight, against a Manly team, who's intensity seemed to have dropped the two preceding weeks - I thought 0 chance.

Then, at half time, I thought there was no way we were going to break that Canberrian wall with our attacking structures and sidewards running. I was like you screaming at the television (my poor neighbours).

If you look at the markets (even at half time), most punters agreed with me. Some Manly fans jumped on us at $3.80 or something in a two horse race. I'm not sure about how odds work tbh, but that means the professionals who predict the game were saying Canberra were 3.8X times more likely to beat us, than us, them or something?

That being said, it was the absolute opposite against The Dragons, where at Brooky (just can't call it LottoLand) I thought there was no way we'd lose to them.

I guess predictions are just opinions in the end. If someone claimed 100% we are going to beat The Bunnies next week, I'd just take it for what it was, an opinion. I wouldn't insult them, bully them, or demand a punch on by providing my address and tell them I was waiting for them.

It's just about empathy, being open minded, and willing to accept other people's opinion's and the way they put that across. Like I say, there are fence sitters who are not sure whether they want to post or not.

Watching a poster set up a punch on isn't going to inspire them to post.
Yes I did get it wrong, I thought you were insulting my wife online my mistake. You were just saying that @Woodsie was my girlfriend and my tongue was up his arse. That wasn't an insult though, it was just an opinion, I get it. You have opinions, but I'm just a bully, and so is @Woodsie. You don't insult people at all....and I'll have to dig up a post you made last year where you "thought" someone was making an inappropriate comment about your kids. As I recall you posted that you would kill anyone who did that. You then followed that up with a comment that you had won every fight you've ever been in. Funnily enough it turned out to be a misunderstanding on your part. Anyway I'll let you go back to being a poor, innocent, pacifying victim, as that seems to be your latest trip. You say I harp on and on about how I point out your two faced nature when it comes to the club. How many more times are you going to throw up that I want to punch on with you?

Yes I did get it wrong, I thought you were insulting my wife online my mistake. You were just saying that @Woodsie was my girlfriend and my tongue was up his arse. That wasn't an insult though, it was just an opinion, I get it. You have opinions, but I'm just a bully, and so is @Woodsie. You don't insult people at all....and I'll have to dig up a post you made last year where you "thought" someone was making an inappropriate comment about your kids. As I recall you posted that you would kill anyone who did that. You then followed that up with a comment that you had won every fight you've ever been in. Funnily enough it turned out to be a misunderstanding on your part. Anyway I'll let you go back to being a poor, innocent, pacifying victim, as that seems to be your latest trip. You say I harp on and on about how I point out your two faced nature when it comes to the club. How many more times are you going to throw up that I want to punch on with you?

Almost one, one hundredth of the amount of times you suggest I criticize everyone at the club and/or how ludicrous you think it is that anyone share information with me from the club?

I have raised it many times, because I'm dumb-founded that even after you recognized (not admitted) you made a mistake (this is the first time you agreed), you held strong that I come to Leura, because you'll be there waiting for me, or you'll come to my house to get in a punch on (you're almost hitting 50 y/o, and woodsie is coming up to 70 y/o.)

It just mystifies me that people get to that point over a football forum, especially at those ages?

And just like you went into bat for your wife / girlfriend (which would have been completely understandable by the way), when someone intimated something about my kids (which actually happened, unlike your scenario), I most certainly saw red (and I hope you can appreciate that).

In regards to me having a go at you and woodsie. Be fair, you don't think your comments warrant a reply from me? I made a comment about Blake Green's love-fest of the big 3 pre game, and woodsie called me a dribbler for it, which of coarse, you loved (for the record, MANY posters saw it as a lovefest).

You literally like, love, agree almost every comment of his berating me (and everything else he posts). It's bullying Kevin. You attempt, and like the post I've quoted here, continue to attempt to bully on an internet forum. When he insults me, you often tack in with support, and to further lay the boot in.

I've tried being nice, I've tried moving on, I've tried liking and agreeing with your comments, but you two just have to abuse, berate and bully posters for their opinions, win, lose or draw.

I agree I'm up and down Kevin. I always have been when it comes to our club, because I'm passionate about it. Therefore, my comments will tend to be about the here and now..and that in itself is up and down. We just support the team differently, but Kevin, we want exactly the same things at the end of the day, and that's a Manly juggernaught winning the competition.

Cheers. I know you get pissed off by the length of my posts (you've abused me for that before, as well) so apologies in advance.

Again you make out I'm abusing you all the time???? I made a comment regarding the length of your posts, go back and read it. I have thrown an insult your way, as have you towards me, again go back and read when you called me a f******* so and so. It is that type of hypocrisy that does my head in with you. This is not abuse, again go back to the thread last week and you will see what I'm saying is true. As the saying goes you can fool some of the people some of the time....mate it's probably best for everyone if we just agree to disagree and ignore one another.

I've just accepted I need a pretty thick skin on here mate.

If I'm positive after a win, or if I offer some criticisms after a loss, or even an opinion about the off field stuff, I just accept @Woodsie & @Kevinward777 are going to target, name call, bully &/or demand a punch up.

Was pretty surprised by @Wombat Legacy though, because we've been getting along so well, but that was somewhat offset by the fact he just tee'd off at everyone at least last night.
Cheer up Ryano, I tee'd off on 90% of the so called supporters last night. I was right into that game because it was the Manly of old, never say die attitude. I would never come on here tipping the opposition, but hey that's your call. We have got on well, and most of what I said was **** stirring :) (old fashioned aussie ribbing that some on here don't like)
All good champ, sorry if I offended you. @:blush:

Again you make out I'm abusing you all the time???? I made a comment regarding the length of your posts, go back and read it. I have thrown an insult your way, as have you towards me, again go back and read when you called me a f******* so and so. It is that type of hypocrisy that does my head in with you. This is not abuse, again go back to the thread last week and you will see what I'm saying is true. As the saying goes you can fool some of the people some of the time....mate it's probably best for everyone if we just agree to disagree and ignore one another.

Mate, unnecessary. I enjoy your posts not relating to me. Always insightful and interesting, so there's no need to ignore each other.

Look, I apologize for ranting at you. I easily get emotional when I feel I'm being pressed or leaned on. That's my problem to work through.

I think (and hope) we just look at what has come to pass, and let it go, and move forward, hopefully respectfully and genuinely (like we were doing over a month or so ago).

I have taken on board yours and woodsie's criticism's of me, and without me giving up my personality, I've tried to be much more balanced in my approach with the posting's of late. I just wish every comment wasn't jumped on. But I have tried, so I hope you understand & appreciate that.

From my part, I'd love to let bygons be bygons, move forward, and just enjoy the experience here. I actually think you and woodsie are very smart people (I've told him that before), are good guys, and have very solid points to get across. I just wish you guys treated me like you do the others.

I've just been told that both my kids have been asked for sleep-overs tonight, which means the wife and I are free to ... well ... watch movies and things, so it's most certainly looking up in this household ;)

Cheer up Ryano, I tee'd off on 90% of the so called supporters last night. I was right into that game because it was the Manly of old, never say die attitude. I would never come on here tipping the opposition, but hey that's your call. We have got on well, and most of what I said was **** stirring :) (old fashioned aussie ribbing that some on here don't like)
All good champ, sorry if I offended you. @:blush:

All good mate. We've known each other for what - a decade or so. I admit, when Manly got up last night, aside from my outright horny-ness it did to me (hahahaha), I was a little embarrassed by the statement I made about it being a foregone conclusion - lesson learnt from me - put it that way.

Mate, unnecessary. I enjoy your posts not relating to me. Always insightful and interesting, so there's no need to ignore each other.

Look, I apologize for ranting at you. I easily get emotional when I feel I'm being pressed or leaned on. That's my problem to work through.

I think (and hope) we just look at what has come to pass, and let it go, and move forward, hopefully respectfully and genuinely (like we were doing over a month or so ago).

I have taken on board yours and woodsie's criticism's of me, and without me giving up my personality, I've tried to be much more balanced in my approach with the posting's of late. I just wish every comment wasn't jumped on. But I have tried, so I hope you understand & appreciate that.

From my part, I'd love to let bygons be bygons, move forward, and just enjoy the experience here. I actually think you and woodsie are very smart people (I've told him that before), are good guys, and have very solid points to get across. I just wish you guys treated me like you do the others.

I've just been told that both my kids have been asked for sleep-overs tonight, which means the wife and I are free to ... well ... watch movies and things, so it's most certainly looking up in this household ;)
Good response! well done, I thought it hilarious that old @Wombat64 came rushing to your rescue like you were a damsel in distress lol

Thank you @Ryan, it's true we all play a part in any disagreement that continues over a period of time. And football can invoke heated debate and unstable emotional responses. I too apologise for the unsavoury posts that were directed towards you. One of my biggest faults is I can be overtly critical of things that are best let go. I get that we're all different and as such think and react to things in different ways. One thing I do stand by, is that if someone wants to bring peace into a situation, then that is to be respected and received. In regards to @Woodsie, I'm not intimidated by him, or anything similar. I like his outlook and rate his knowledge about the game, from what I can tell these aspects are unwavering throughout his posts. I'm sure there are posters on here whose outlook you feel more aligned to. So on that note, here's to a more respectful and amicable Silvertails communication experience between us. Enjoy your child free evening.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10