Manly v Roosters [Round 16 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
voicefromthehill said:
panash said:
CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
Our defence is terrible also, so now we can't defend or attack season over?

Defence terrible ? Interesting way to describe the defence giving away the least points in the comp mate

We aren't playing flash but let's not go too far
Shut up you are speaking sense and logic. It's emotional rants only after we lose
I'm not saying the kid is useless
There is no flare in his attack , does not create or put doubt on defenders.
Everyone always remembers the bad over the good.
Kicking out on the full , which gave Titans the game , not finding the touch line after the penalty.
Tonight just as we had a small sniff on the 5th tackle we needed an attacking kick but he boots the ball to no one and not one manly player chasing because they wernt expecting such a nothing kick.

Are you talking about the kick that was slowed because the Roosters slowed Jamie Lyon's play the ball? The same play the all that was obstructed just enough to slow Wolfmans pass? The same play the all that allowed the Roosters to the rush up on DCE? The same play the ball where he had his options shut down as players ended up in front of him as he had to run back to create space?

That one - yeah he stuffed up

yes mate i am.... plays like that can make the difference between an elite halfback , and a halfback.

trailing by 6 could of been our last attacking opportunity and put up a nothing kick ... doesnt make sense !!!!

whats your thoughts on giving Titans 2 points right in front which ended up a loss ???

We have parra twice, cowboys minus jt, Scott, Tate and tamou titans at home and warriors. We just need some wins simple. We cannot win comp but can make top 4, but that shows lack of quality in comp.
Hiku needs to be in nrl Richie is back next week I think.

panash said:
voicefromthehill said:
panash said:
CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Defence terrible ? Interesting way to describe the defence giving away the least points in the comp mate

We aren't playing flash but let's not go too far
Shut up you are speaking sense and logic. It's emotional rants only after we lose
Kicking out on the full , which gave Titans the game , not finding the touch line after the penalty.
Tonight just as we had a small sniff on the 5th tackle we needed an attacking kick but he boots the ball to no one and not one manly player chasing because they wernt expecting such a nothing kick.

Are you talking about the kick that was slowed because the Roosters slowed Jamie Lyon's play the ball? The same play the all that was obstructed just enough to slow Wolfmans pass? The same play the all that allowed the Roosters to the rush up on DCE? The same play the ball where he had his options shut down as players ended up in front of him as he had to run back to create space?

yes mate i am.... plays like that can make the difference between an elite halfback , and a halfback.

trailing by 6 could of been our last attacking opportunity and put up a nothing kick ... doesnt make sense !!!!

whats your thoughts on giving Titans 2 points right in front which ended up a loss ???

My thoughts are you need perspective on criticism of that kick in tonight's game. A nothing kick was caused by some borderline plays by the Roosters which credit to them they got away with - what kick play were you wanting to see in the situation presented?

Ryan said:
Ralphie said:
Volley said:
Loved Tooves as a player, but I don't think he has it as a coach. Ryan, you are correct.

I agree. Parramatta will knock us off next week.:mad:

I know I was right about Toovey. He has no new game-plan. Same I was right about Lowe. Anyway - people get what they wanted in the end. It is, what it is. This roster is top 3. Toovey will have us not making the 8, but I'm sure he'll use all the excuses like injury, suspension and that junk.

We are back to mid 2000's in my mind.......whatever though. Interest has wained, as you can tell by my posting frequency.

Out.
You lot are full of **** !

voicefromthehill said:
panash said:
voicefromthehill said:
panash said:
CAMBO said:

My thoughts are you need perspective on criticism of that kick in tonight's game. A nothing kick was caused by some borderline plays by the Roosters which credit to them they got away with - what kick play were you wanting to see in the situation presented?

did you prefer the outcome ??? giving back easy possession...

i agree it wasnt the ideal situation he was put in , but plays like that are pointless !!!!

there is nothing wrong with having a go at creativity ??? thats when creativity usually happens in this game when you have situations like that , there is nothing to loose.

the mauler said:
NYEagle said:
CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Thought people would be a lot happier tonight Cambo, most were saying we were going to get flogged by the superior side and we got within 6 ;)

Foz plays we win.
Brett looks fit
Glenn's best game

I think we are about to go on a run of wins

Agree with you Cambofwe
5 in a row coming up.

But they must cut Buhrer - he is not good enough to be part of the sqaud.

Ferris was great tonight.

I agree has been building his form over the last few weeks. Only a great tackle prevented him from scoring tonite. I know our attack has its issues however credit to the roosters outstanding in defence.

Darren said:
So true Mick and unfortunately it's arrived to get us. Brett, Jamie and Glenn on 2 million a year combined next year. Madness!! You could have Slater, Inglis and a Burgess for that money.

Daz all you have to do to get 2 of those 3 on your team is admit you are really Jase.

Chip and Chase said:
panash said:
Since DCE & his manager created that scene and we resigned him for big money, he has not performed at a elite level !!!

I could have sworn I saw him playing at the pinnacle of RL in State of Origin the other night. Must have been his twin brother

i saw him as well , sitting on the bench most of the game... when cronk & thurston were taking care of business.... ( thurston out of position , prefers halfback )

im not saying his useless but at the moment he has no flare in his attack.
does not trouble the defense

we are down in size and go forward , but the elite players step up when chips are down , IMO he has not done it and has had several weeks to do so...
Foran on the other hand his a machine week in week out , he plays with no excuses !!!

also ill be very surprised if his selected for game 3

@panash fair enough (save the big reply to our discussion). Agree creativity comes oftentimes is a by product of a pressure situation - but it is only called creative after the fact, and after it comes off. He tried something that didn't come off, so we declare him un-creative! Can you see my point of view

panash said:
Chip and Chase said:
panash said:
Since DCE & his manager created that scene and we resigned him for big money, he has not performed at a elite level !!!

I could have sworn I saw him playing at the pinnacle of RL in State of Origin the other night. Must have been his twin brother

im not saying his useless but at the moment he has no flare in his attack.
does not trouble the defense

I thought his try last game against the dogs was pretty good

We were again on the receiving end of some very bad referee calls tonight.

I am just disgusted by the refs and the NRL at the moment.

And how many penalties were given to Manly in the last five minutes of the game???

voicefromthehill said:
@panash fair enough (save the big reply to our discussion). Agree creativity comes oftentimes is a by product of a pressure situation - but it is only called creative after the fact, and after it comes off. He tried something that didn't come off, so we declare him un-creative! Can you see my point of view

i do mate i agree , but i still cant see anything good about that kick , if it was reversed and that happen to us , we would of been so relieved and grateful at that play...

love your passion , i dont think its doom & gloom we have a good roster but something is missing and it needs to be acted on right away...

we wont stay 4th too much longer without any wins...

panash said:
voicefromthehill said:

i do mate i agree , but i still cant see anything good about that kick , if it was reversed and that happen to us , we would of been so relieved and grateful at that play...

love your passion , i dont think its doom & gloom we have a good roster but something is missing and it needs to be acted on right away...

I can only agree - we need a few wins and soon. My gripe is the singling out of plays and players.

Yes we are off the pace, and my thoughts as to why are still being ruminated upon, but hunger is on my mind.

A win would have been good but enjoyed seeing Manly play anyway. Very glad that chook guy couldn't kick tonight. George's try was great. We missed Foran heaps. Need a win at Brookie next week.

CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Thought people would be a lot happier tonight Cambo, most were saying we were going to get flogged by the superior side and we got within 6 ;)

Foz plays we win.
Brett looks fit
Glenn's best game

Glenn's worst game. 15 tackles and 7 missed tackles. He was a turnstyle in defence tonight

$650k next year for a bloke who is passed his prime. We won't challenge for a comp for another 5 years

Damn did not realise we had so many CEO's and COO's on these forums how on earth do all these figures get out, i call BS.

Well ok point made back end deals are our specialty time for a few more i say to sure up another premiership within the next 5yrs. I'm only signing on for fours years and intend to move on for a "new challenge" before the shyte hits the fan.

voicefromthehill said:
panash said:
voicefromthehill said:

I can only agree - we need a few wins and soon. My gripe is the singling out of plays and players.

Yes we are off the pace, and my thoughts as to why are still being ruminated upon, but hunger is on my mind.

Minichiello's bootlaces catch from Horhay's kick was a defining play. Instead of us scoring and going ahead it gave the chooks the break they needed.
We're not at our best but it's things like that can make or break a game, hopefully our luck will turn. We've lost our past three games by a total of 10 points against teams that are travelling very well.

CAMBO said:
Rose was great tonight I would have him starting ahead of kite
Kite was the best I've seen him in a while.
Well After he had a pop - kite can be really good when he gets angry.
Give me kingy ant time though.

NYEagle said:
CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Foz plays we win.
Brett looks fit
Glenn's best game

Agree with you Cambo
5 in a row coming up.

But they must cut Buhrer - he is not good enough to be part of the sqaud.

Having just watched the replay . snake was ordinary - not much positive to say really late and lazy in defence and not much went right in attack.

Not alone but all the players on big bucks except Jamie Lyon were less than average.

Really crap overall. No positives out of this game. Toovey needs a pineapple reaming. Not good enough with the talent we have.

Fookoff to all the idiots who will say we were wonderful.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8