Manly v Roosters [Round 16 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bennyeagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
Judging by the tone of some of the posts I am going to go and buy all the razor blades on the beaches, lug them up to north head and charge a fee to enter. And for $5 extra I will throw in a pack of blades - I'll be rich i tell ya

Emotional, very ! Can't hack the way we've been playing, it's poor, manly has served up some rubbish of late, 2 byes during the mid season, we've had time to rest and work on structure and we look worse for it.

Mate my post was general and not a shot at you - just coincidence that my post followed your reply, I was typing the same time as you.

That said I am more pragmatic than other posters, for mine I do not think we are a "top 3" side, I believe we are top 8 but we are on the way down before a year or two of serious rebuilding. I am forever great full to have seen 2 great GF wins with this team and believe parts of it will win a third, but it is a couple of years away yet.

Until then I will continue to support my team and not lose sleep over a loss to a team on the way up

CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
panash said:
Stop blaming refs. How much possession does a team need in the opposing 20m to score !! That has been the story for awhile now.

Since DCE & his manager created that scene and we resigned him for big money, he has not performed at a elite level !!!

You can't win without scoring tries , no matter how good the defense is , after awhile you can't keep up !!

Attack is the weakness , I'm surprised the coaching staff hasn't improved

Our defence is terrible also, so now we can't defend or attack season over?

Defence terrible ? Interesting way to describe the defence giving away the least points in the comp mate

We aren't playing flash but let's not go too far
Shut up you are speaking sense and logic. It's emotional rants only after we lose
I'm not saying the kid is useless
There is no flare in his attack , does not create or put doubt on defenders.
Everyone always remembers the bad over the good.
Kicking out on the full , which gave Titans the game , not finding the touch line after the penalty.
Tonight just as we had a small sniff on the 5th tackle we needed an attacking kick but he boots the ball to no one and not one manly player chasing because they wernt expecting such a nothing kick.

CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Thought people would be a lot happier tonight Cambo, most were saying we were going to get flogged by the superior side and we got within 6 ;)

Foz plays we win.
Brett looks fit
Glenn's best game

I think we are about to go on a run of wins

Keep that head in the sand mate.

We never looked likely. Our attack is impotent and I can't see it improving much. We've paid a lot of money for some overhyped and ageing players and it is showing. 2 wins from the last 8 real good Manly. I can't believe how crap the rest of the comp is that we still sit in 4th.

We need some grunt up the middle. Can't wait till Richie is back. Wish Joe was still available. Since those two have been out we have struggled big time to dominate the middle third

panash said:
CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
panash said:
Stop blaming refs. How much possession does a team need in the opposing 20m to score !! That has been the story for awhile now.

Since DCE & his manager created that scene and we resigned him for big money, he has not performed at a elite level !!!

You can't win without scoring tries , no matter how good the defense is , after awhile you can't keep up !!

Attack is the weakness , I'm surprised the coaching staff hasn't improved

Our defence is terrible also, so now we can't defend or attack season over?

Defence terrible ? Interesting way to describe the defence giving away the least points in the comp mate

We aren't playing flash but let's not go too far
Shut up you are speaking sense and logic. It's emotional rants only after we lose
I'm not saying the kid is useless
There is no flare in his attack , does not create or put doubt on defenders.
Everyone always remembers the bad over the good.
Kicking out on the full , which gave Titans the game , not finding the touch line after the penalty.
Tonight just as we had a small sniff on the 5th tackle we needed an attacking kick but he boots the ball to no one and not one manly player chasing because they wernt expecting such a nothing kick.

Are you talking about the kick that was slowed because the Roosters slowed Jamie Lyon's play the ball? The same play the all that was obstructed just enough to slow Wolfmans pass? The same play the all that allowed the Roosters to the rush up on DCE? The same play the ball where he had his options shut down as players ended up in front of him as he had to run back to create space?

That one - yeah he stuffed up

Chip and Chase said:
We need some grunt up the middle. Can't wait till Richie is back. Wish Joe was still available. Since those two have been out we have struggled big time to dominate the middle third

Very true.
Kitey is a shadow of himself and its taken George awhile to get in to full swing if things.

Just having flatpatch. Well come good. We can beat any team in the comp and have been right in most of our losses. We will chalk up plenty more and start winning at the right time of the season

So true Mick and unfortunately it's arrived to get us. Brett, Jamie and Glenn on 2 million a year combined next year. Madness!! You could have Slater, Inglis and a Burgess for that money.

the mauler said:
Mal Cochrane said:
Foran wouldn't have changed a thing.

Really???

whether you want to blame the forwards ( and lack of depth ) for not laying the platform for the backs, or simply look at what the halves have done the last 7 weeks, yes really. Matai, Lyon, Jorge and Wolfman have had little space and opportunities.

Chip and Chase said:

Yes C&C.
Without King, Joe & Richie we have competed big time, but not dominated. We had the best fwd rotation by a mile early season, and our halves thrived.

Richie back, rose played well, keep competing and we'll be there abouts.

CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Thought people would be a lot happier tonight Cambo, most were saying we were going to get flogged by the superior side and we got within 6 ;)

Foz plays we win.
Brett looks fit
Glenn's best game

Agree with you Cambo
5 in a row coming up.

But they must cut Buhrer - he is not good enough to be part of the sqaud.

We run one out a hell of a lot.

But on a positive note, we ran straighter. Now if we can just run straight and support the ball runner we might actually put some doubt in the mind of the defence. Fair to say, if we are going to threaten sides like Souffs or the Rooters, we need to find more in attack. At the moment, they look very comfortable against us.

I can't believe that nothing was said about the forward pass SBW threw for the first Jennings try. Was I the only one that thought it was a yard and a half forward ?

If it's Lionel Ritchie then he's old enough and on big bucks to get a start. Matai will shoulder someone next week and get 8 weeks so Lionel can play left centre.

Darren said:
If it's Lionel Ritchie then he's old enough and on big bucks to get a start. Matai will shoulder someone next week and get 8 weeks so Lionel can play left centre.

Seriously Darren I've never met a fan who gets a kick out of their team losing like you do mate. I've heard of every cloud having a silver lining but you take that too far

NYEagle said:
CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Foz plays we win.
Brett looks fit
Glenn's best game

Agree with you Cambo
5 in a row coming up.

But they must cut Buhrer - he is not good enough to be part of the sqaud.

Ferris was great tonight.

Darren said:
So true Mick and unfortunately it's arrived to get us. Brett, Jamie and Glenn on 2 million a year combined next year. Madness!! You could have Slater, Inglis and a Burgess for that money.

How did you get lucky enough to see every NRL players pay packet mate ? You seem to know what everyone is being paid

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8