Manly v Roosters [Round 16 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
I think this game is the pivotal game of our season. If we lose we will drop out of the top 4 and continue the slide of the past 7 weeks. If we win we can stay in the top 4 and be close to 2nd & 3rd with a reasonable run ahead whilst we get our mojo back.

This season is there for the taking. souffs will choke come September, nothing more certain, and Easts & scum aren't that good.

With the Titans losing today, we cannot drop out of the top 4 if the Cowboys beat the Sharks in tonights game. Creating a 3 point buffer should be huge motivation for the boys. I'm very confident of a win. I think Manly will peak at the right time this year, whereas Souffs have peaked way too early.

Still think the top 4 will not change, we have a good run coming up and should make it a 5 point lead on 5th by the end of it especially with ritchie coming back soon

rambofan2013 said:
ManlyArmy said:
rambofan2013 said:
Can someone PLEASE come up with a better banner than "push it up Manly"? Come on.

If you're going to criticise, make your own then.

I just think it is a s**t banner with no real thought put into it.

That banner has been with the MWTS to WCC ( twice) New Zealand ( three times) and been taken to many after match functions. YOU may think its **** BUT the players love it and identify with it. Jake and Kel who own the banner are very passionate supporters and have about a 1000 supporters following the " push it up" name on Facebook.

SO not all bad hey??

Every now and again Manly play really really well. We haven't done so since the game at Melbourne against the Storm. This is our night tonight. I think it will be a good time to get the Roosters. They have Maloney and Kennedy out with injury. JWH is just back and probably lacking match fitness. SBW have some minor injuries and not at 100%even though he is playing well he can be found out. Our small guys need to make their bigger turn and run in the wet. The pitch is wet but it should suit us. I hope the interchange is used often to get the fresh guys like Buhrer and Symonds on regularly. If you had of asked me 4 weeks back whether we would win this I would have said no, but we have every right and reason to get them tonight.

Clear blue sky in Sydney today,so the ground should be firm for our Wingers.

If Manly spread the ball to both sides and grubber to the in goal, they will stuff the Chooks- Push It Up, Manly :angel:

In Sydney. It's great fun to be in a city when you live in Hicksville.. Caught the ferry to Manly last night and had dinner at the Steyne. Ah, the memories... So glad to see a clear sky. Can't wait for the big game tonight. Go Manly!

Budgewoi Eagle said:
TAB guy on Sterlo show said Manly's odd blew in (sorry of that's the wrong term - not a gambler) because BRETT IS BACK ON MONDAY NIGHT!

Mmm...considering some post match stalking. Would flip if I could meet the Snake.

niccipops said:
In Sydney. It's great fun to be in a city when you live in Hicksville.. Caught the ferry to Manly last night and had dinner at the Steyne. Ah, the memories... So glad to see a clear sky. Can't wait for the big game tonight. Go Manly!

Budgewoi Eagle said:
TAB guy on Sterlo show said Manly's odd blew in (sorry of that's the wrong term - not a gambler) because BRETT IS BACK ON MONDAY NIGHT!

Mmm...considering some post match stalking. Would flip if I could meet the Snake.

I'm staying back after to try and see Snake! Haven't spoken to him in a few months..

We need to show our true colors tonight . Expect a maroon state of origin performance from our team

Just need the fowards to be on level terms for a good Manly win imo.
Easier said than done atm with these blokes like SBW, Aubusson & Cordner playing good footy & giving that agile speed around the ruck, more so than most NRL packs.
Mortimer could be a good target & expect Manly to play direct & straight before these sideways passing movements that have recently become a little predictable. Imo the only reason these wide shifts are lacking success is the lack of go foward before applying this play.
The Seaeagles when at 100% roll foward off the back of Choc & Co with quick plays- not sideways & regardless of how good a defence is, it can be unstoppable when executed at pace even if the opposition knows its coming.
For the record - Push It Up Manly!!

$50,000 @ $4.35 (now $4.10) on @manlyseaeagles +2.5/Over 35.5 (Line-O/U) vs @sydneyroosters tonight at 7pm. #TABBigBets (@FOXSportsNews)

rambofan2013 said:
ManlyArmy said:
rambofan2013 said:
Can someone PLEASE come up with a better banner than "push it up Manly"? Come on.

If you're going to criticise, make your own then.

I just think it is a s**t banner with no real thought put into it.

Still a lot better than that dickhead Dragons supporter with the GST sign, he's had that lame sign for over ten years.

Mild night, great conditions for some attacking footy!

Is Snake definitely in?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8