Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 18, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
18 4 Pines Park
02 Jul 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I'd actually look at flipping the hooker script in our team, Lawton for first 20 to play a running game and then bring in Croker for his non running game once we've set the tone of running. Unconventional but what we need to do in our structure

Schu had nothing last night. Other than him lobbing the pill on Burbos chest when he ran that hole.
On replay i did see in the Manly first try he actually created a bit of space in the defence as he swept the ball wide, which gave Parker the space to break up field. Schu also helped tackle Teddy right on the try line in those last few seconds of the game.

Tuipolotu's wing is a real weakness in defence for us and we bleed a lot of tries down that side because he is often out of position in field in no man's land. The coaching staff must be aware of it as blind Freddy couldn't miss it and obviously our opposing coaches are well aware of it.

Tuilagi was great, was a really good combination with Schuster turning him back inside repeatedly all game and he damaged them

People saying “just a pass” and anyone could have scored that Ben T try, lol

The above play all game of Schuster turning his backrower inside all game was part of the setup, and when the defence was anticipating that setup again the pass to put Ben through was subtle and and perfectly timed and it was a great run

What a win by DCE and the boys. This is the type of win that should give the team a lot of confidence.

One thing I noticed when watching the game is that DCE is one of best game managers and on top of his game but are not giving Schuster enough ball when we are on attack. His is our x-factor and it seems that Crocker often goes the other way to DCE when inside opposition 20. I think we need to address this, and the points will start coming.

Tuilagi was great, was a really good combination with Schuster turning him back inside repeatedly all game and he damaged them

People saying “just a pass” and anyone could have scored that Ben T try, lol

The above play all game of Schuster turning his backrower inside all game was part of the setup, and when the defence was anticipating that setup again the pass to put Ben through was subtle and and perfectly timed and it was a great run
My thoughts as well Kiwi E, for Ben to run onto a pass like that from Schuster and at full bore it's all about sheer timing. At that stage of the match when it's all on the line...it's not "just a pass" it's so far from it.

Tuipolotu's wing is a real weakness in defence for us and we bleed a lot of tries down that side because he is often out of position in field in no man's land. The coaching staff must be aware of it as blind Freddy couldn't miss it and obviously our opposing coaches are well aware of it.
I agree, which is a shame, he did everything else well tho, solid tough hit-ups when the team needed it. He really plays like an extra forward coming out of our red zone. The win keeps Tui in the team tho. Let's just hope our backs coach, is it still Brett, can work on eradicating the flaws in his defensive game.

My thoughts as well Kiwi E, for Ben to run onto a pass like that from Schuster and at full bore it's all about sheer timing. At that stage of the match when it's all on the line...it's not "just a pass" it's so far from it.
Said in another thread that I've been waiting to see the Schuster/Burbo connection in the NRL for years now. They were an absolutely killer combination in the juniors, almost like Cliffy and Beaver. And for one reason or another, they have barely played together in the NRL team.

Said in another thread that I've been waiting to see the Schuster/Burbo connection in the NRL for years now. They were an absolutely killer combination in the juniors, almost like Cliffy and Beaver. And for one reason or another, they have barely played together in the NRL team.
Funny you saying this Ron EG, I just knew when Ben came on I could sense something was going to happen. Ben was flying into the line full bore, and thought if only he could run off a no looker from Shoe, except this wasn't a no looker tho, when Ben scored I was stunned.

Talk about riding the final moments! I watched the game on delay and when there was 5 to go I couldn't bear to watch so I fast forwarded to fulltime!
Then I went back and watched the final minutes with a more seemly demeanour. :giggle:
Felt the same. I had 5 mins of pause up my sleeve and with 4 to go, mum txt me 85 million happy emojis
bitter sweet

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8