Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Round 2, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

21 14
4 Pines Park
17 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich uncle Nick's bags of cash will ensure the rorters get away with offsides, holding down , hands all over the ball slowing down our play the balls. It'll be a clownshow performance from the bunker clowns. Rorters by 13.

Seems like you are correct. Talau for Saab (I like that better than Ray), Lawton on the bench. Humphries named at No.22.

Good call :clap:
I wonder , if they are playing ducks & drakes and Lawton ( who was in a moon boot ) really isn’t playing and they are hiding Jamie H down in the extras list to take the pressure off.

Note he’s NOT listed to play for BWSE.

Would not surprise me

Last edited:
I wonder , if they are playing ducks & drakes and Lawton ( who was in a moon boot ) really isn’t playing and they are hiding Jamie H down in the extras list to take the pressure off.

Note he’s NOT listed to play for BWSE.

Would not surprise me
Maybe they are...

As for Humphries not named for BWSE, note none of the other reserves are listed either, as in Arthur, Vaega, Parker, Woods. It's probably more a case of they'll be slotted into BWSE on Saturday when the teams are finalised. This was the norm last year.

Just looking back over last year and thinking what could have been and what we have to improve this year to play finals. I think the key is improving our home record.

Our home ground should be the motivator, the manly way seems to be off to a good start, what I’d really like to see return to the fore now is the fortress mentality, get on it Seibs.

Looking back at last year, we could really of played finals footy, there was a couple of games there that could have changed everything, I realise we may have been cannon fodder, that’s not the point.

We started well at home last year nailing our first 3, before dropping a really winnable game against the Tits, we look fitter this year, with a good halves combo, stronger backline and an all round considerably better vibe.

We finished 6 and 4 at home last year, excluding the Willow park home game (draw) and the sell out Magic Rd home game loss, finishing with a disappointing 50% home win ratio.

We beat the Melbourne, Parra and the Chooks at home last year in solid wins, but lost all 3 return games, we scored a couple of 50 point wins, putting 58 on the fins and smashed the Tigpie‘s in our last game at Brookie scoring 54.

Would be a very valuable 2 points to bank this week, no doubt the Chooks will be Favs, but our boys will be up after Vegas, throw in 54 points in our last game at home, (yes Tigers I know and Rd 26), we started really well at home early last year and look a better side this year, so where a chance until we’re not, we need that fortress mentality back, if we build a solid home record this year, there’s every chance we’ll play finals footy, Brookie needs to become the fortress again.

Watch the Roosters line speed on Sunday. I remember last year at Brookie when we played them, their line speed was incredibly fast and suffocated us for most of the game. They were definitely toeing the line but it was let go all game.
Hopefully the referees recognise this and penalise them accordingly.
This has to be addressed for a fair contest.
Can’t have Gee or Cummins as the ref. They always keep a skinny line and let the defence break early

I think the Roosters are getting a bit overhyped from all corners atm.

I'm not yet convinced
Well hope your right, I’m not saying we can’t beat them, I’m also not saying we will either, their depths creating a lot of the hype, it’s insane and hard not to think they’ll have a good year off the back of that fact alone.

I can't see this being anything but a close game...
There halves will be really tested defensively by Okalatu and Ben T.
The forwards look fairly even and both sides have key outs in the middle.
I actually think the X factors we have and at home wil be enough for an 8-10 point Win.

Just looking back over last year and thinking what could have been and what we have to improve this year to play finals. I think the key is improving our home record.

Our home ground should be the motivator, the manly way seems to be off to a good start, what I’d really like to see return to the fore now is the fortress mentality, get on it Seibs.

Looking back at last year, we could really of played finals footy, there was a couple of games there that could have changed everything, I realise we may have been cannon fodder, that’s not the point.

We started well at home last year nailing our first 3, before dropping a really winnable game against the Tits, we look fitter this year, with a good halves combo, stronger backline and an all round considerably better vibe.

We finished 6 and 4 at home last year, excluding the Willow park home game (draw) and the sell out Magic Rd home game loss, finishing with a disappointing 50% home win ratio.

We beat the Melbourne, Parra and the Chooks at home last year in solid wins, but lost all 3 return games, we scored a couple of 50 point wins, putting 58 on the fins and smashed the Tigpie‘s in our last game at Brookie scoring 54.

Would be a very valuable 2 points to bank this week, no doubt the Chooks will be Favs, but our boys will be up after Vegas, throw in 54 points in our last game at home, (yes Tigers I know and Rd 26), we started really well at home early last year and look a better side this year, so where a chance until we’re not, we need that fortress mentality back, if we build a solid home record this year, there’s every chance we’ll play finals footy, Brookie needs to become the fortress again.
With the new style of play that the team wants to play there will be errors, in getting the game plan to click, going to be a game or two where it doesn’t work.

Lodge will be a big addition when he comes back in with the second phase play he creates with offloading, Tent can offload, I didn’t see it in the Vegas game though.

Neither team at full strength this Sunday, looking forward to the game, based on the personal matchups on paper this will be a good measure on where the team is.

I can see their forwards (Collins, Hargraves, Radley) coming out and trying to belt us. We need to match that or backs like Manu, Sualii and Young will run riot. Coz I'm still not sold on our outside backs.

I can see their forwards (Collins, Hargraves, Radley) coming out and trying to belt us. We need to match that or backs like Manu, Sualii and Young will run riot. Coz I'm still not sold on our outside backs.
With a big crowd behind us, it's going to be an intimidating cauldron for Easts to handle. We get of to a early flyer and with the hill faithful right behind the team, we're definitely in with a big shot on taking this out.

With a big crowd behind us, it's going to be an intimidating cauldron for Easts to handle. We get of to a early flyer and with the hill faithful right behind the team, we're definitely in with a big shot on taking this out.
Yep, a good crowd will help that's for sure. I expect both teams will want to back up the Vegas win so I'm hoping we bring some aggression to get on top early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8