Game Day: Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm in Brissy tonight catching up with one of the pride and joys who gets very frustrated with me when I try to sneak listening to or watching the footy when we're out. So family first.
Later I'll check the scores. Odds aren't in our favour but surprise results do happen. Hopefully I'll be doing some OMG we won cartwheels along the river front.
I'm also going to work on having a more positive attitude towards my team again. We've been through many a tough time before. We will bounce back.
I'm putting a new sticker on the car and will be wearing my jerseys with the knowledge that I support the best footy team in the world, no matter where we currently sit on the ladder.
We all love and support our beloved Sea eagles . We don't support any one that brings failure to our proud winning culture
11059440_947786021945500_6665840093732400263_n.jpg

Like you @niccipops I've been part of the negative nancy crew and to be honest it really started to affect my enjoyment of the game.

I'm of the realisation that we are in a rebuild , we have a rookie coaching system and much like 2015 a string of injuries making it impossible for the same side to run out week in week out.

So I'm trying to be a bit more positive although that doesn't mean I think we will suddenly start beating all and sundry and make it to the finals, in fact quite the opposite we will be lucky to win 50% of our remaining games.

The trouble is we are all so used to having a super successful team, for ten years we did , and we will again, have faith everyone but also have patience.

Like you @niccipops I've been part of the negative nancy crew and to be honest it really started to affect my enjoyment of the game.

I'm of the realisation that we are in a rebuild , we have a rookie coaching system and much like 2015 a string of injuries making it impossible for the same side to run out week in week out.

So I'm trying to be a bit more positive although that doesn't mean I think we will suddenly start beating all and sundry and make it to the finals, in fact quite the opposite we will be lucky to win 50% of our remaining games.

The trouble is we are all so used to having a super successful team, for ten years we did , and we will again, have faith everyone but also have patience.
We do have faith and we do have patience and that is why we are supporters of our beloved club for so many years but we also have questions to ask as well feathered friend :)

Last edited:
lolol.......how funny is this from the SMH interview with Shane Flannagan:-
"Flanagan said Bird and some of his fired-up teammates were looking forward to targeting the Sea Eagles back-rower in Saturday's return clash before Taupau was once again rubbed out by the MRC.
"Birdy told me he was going to fold him in half for what he did to him in round three," Flanagan said on Friday.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tin-taupau-20160520-gozt4g.html#ixzz49FEonhhF

I'll bet they were all ****ting their pants at the thought of having to play against Taupau! As for Birdy folding him in half........yeah right! He'll be the most relieved that Taupau isn't playing! God I cannot stand Flannagan & the Sharks. Three of the biggest dickheads in the game.......Flannagan, Gallen & Ennis!
Im with you madmax,I cant stand flanagan,he is a deadset Knob.He should take a look at the grubs he has in his side before he starts throwing stones

Mark, I do not buy that - not in the slightest ! We had arguably the best roster (top 30 odd in the NRL) - look at the experience in players 18-30 !! We are AGAIN making excuses.

As people guessed pre-season, this is a top 4 roster. We have grossly under achieved, and I cannot believe the excuses people are throwing around on here.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Marty Taupau
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Nate Myles
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Addin Fanua-Blake

18. Feleti Mateo
19. Siosaia Vave
20. Josh Starling
21. Luke Burgess
22. Blake Leary
23. Apisai Koroisau
24. Matthew Wright
25. Brayden Wiliame

26. Tim Moltzen
27. Liam Knight
28. Isaac John
29. Jayden Hodges
30. Peta Godinet

Fact is, our record is a disgrace. But it's more than that. It's as our very coach said yesterday, our attitude is not in the game early, and we are getting blown away.

These players should be getting a kick up the arse. They are under performing, under achieving, disconnecting with the fans, letting each other down etc etc etc.

Im interested in seeing how the refs go tonight. No cummins or maxwell. If we get the usual bullcrap calls againts us i guess il just cry.

Mark, I do not buy that - not in the slightest ! We had arguably the best roster (top 30 odd in the NRL) - look at the experience in players 18-30 !! We are AGAIN making excuses.

As people guessed pre-season, this is a top 4 roster. We have grossly under achieved, and I cannot believe the excuses people are throwing around on here.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Marty Taupau
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Nate Myles
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Addin Fanua-Blake

18. Feleti Mateo
19. Siosaia Vave
20. Josh Starling
21. Luke Burgess
22. Blake Leary
23. Apisai Koroisau
24. Matthew Wright
25. Brayden Wiliame

26. Tim Moltzen
27. Liam Knight
28. Isaac John
29. Jayden Hodges
30. Peta Godinet

Fact is, our record is a disgrace. But it's more than that. It's as our very coach said yesterday, our attitude is not in the game early, and we are getting blown away.

These players should be getting a kick up the arse. They are under performing, under achieving, disconnecting with the fans, letting each other down etc etc etc.

All fair comments as well, I'm actually not disagreeing with anyone on here, it's bloody ordinary on all counts BUT I just don't think the blame lies with one person, it's a combination of things and no doubt players attitudes are playing a very big part in the as well.

Good work narky mark !

lolol.......how funny is this from the SMH interview with Shane Flannagan:-
"Flanagan said Bird and some of his fired-up teammates were looking forward to targeting the Sea Eagles back-rower in Saturday's return clash before Taupau was once again rubbed out by the MRC.
"Birdy told me he was going to fold him in half for what he did to him in round three," Flanagan said on Friday.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tin-taupau-20160520-gozt4g.html#ixzz49FEonhhF

I'll bet they were all ****ting their pants at the thought of having to play against Taupau! As for Birdy folding him in half........yeah right! He'll be the most relieved that Taupau isn't playing! God I cannot stand Flannagan & the Sharks. Three of the biggest dickheads in the game.......Flannagan, Gallen & Ennis!

To be fair, I saw the whole interview and he was saying it tongue in cheek I thought.

Still, go out there tonight and snap a few in half boys!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but Boyd was just a thug.
Gave manly "toughness" sure but that sort or toughness I would rather do with out & just leave for the westies

He was just following Glossop's instruction and got him a bit worse than he meant to

Sorry but Boyd was just a thug.
Gave manly "toughness" sure but that sort or toughness I would rather do with out & just leave for the westies
Yea i agree Boyd was a thug. Manly already had toughness because we had randall and krillich and many others but most of all we had heart which separated us from the likes of Masters puppets. If we had a quarter of that heart now we would not be sitting where we are on the NRL ladder.

Go and have a few bucks on manly tonight, ive got a good feeling about this one .

I am with you mate
Just had 50 @ 13 dollars to win 13+ and 50 to win head to head @ 4 dollars

Picked up the famois moz tingle and enjoying the beers at husky pub

Yea i agree Boyd was a thug. Manly already had toughness because we had randall and krillich and many others but most of all we had heart which separated us from the likes of Masters puppets. If we had a quarter of that heart now we would not be sitting where we are on the NRL ladder.
wish i could like that 100 times!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6