Game Day: Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If anyone has a copy of the 2008 GF DVD which gives a choice between Nein and 2GB commentary for the game, listen to the radio call (if you can stomach Hadlee that is). Brohman was basically saying we were in trouble for almost the whole first half and that Melbourne were looking the better team. How did that work out?

Brohman is just another commentator who basically death rides Manly every single time.

If anyone has a copy of the 2008 GF DVD which gives a choice between Nein and 2GB commentary for the game, listen to the radio call (if you can stomach Hadlee that is). Brohman was basically saying we were in trouble for almost the whole first half and that Melbourne were looking the better team. How did that work out?

Brohman is just another commentator who basically death rides Manly every single time.
My favourite snippet is from Sterlo as the Teams come back from half time.

Someone comments that at 8 nil down the Storm are gone.
Sterlo, the master game analyst 'The Storm are never gone' :D

2918604174_1fcb8df853_z.jpg

Like I keep saying - Manly 40, Melbourne yet to score :rofl:

Ohdear, Renouf just gave it to Zoolander on NRL360. He doesn't have much hope for Manly whilst he is in charge. :eek:

Reckons that putting in a rookie Coach plus all the personnel changes aren't a done thing :cool:

Ohdear, Renouf just gave it to Zoolander on NRL360. He doesn't have much hope for Manly whilst he is in charge. :eek:

Reckons that putting in a rookie Coach plus all the personnel changes aren't a done thing :cool:
I know he is a Rookie coach but surely he is seeking advice from Hoss who is experienced. Wasnt that the point of bringing Cartie in?

I know he is a Rookie coach but surely he is seeking advice from Hoss who is experienced. Wasnt that the point of bringing Cartie in?

We did, and I find it amazing how similar to The Titans we have become when Cartwright coached them, and Ferris was their fitness guy.

+ Lots of injuries
+ 12th - 15th odd team
+ Fading in and out of games
(Just hope Cartwright didn't bring that coke culture with him)

One real disappointment for me is that we have The Storms old defensive coach, and we have the 6th worst defense in the NRL.

I honestly thought we'd be much, much better in that department.

Oh how I despise the Sharks!!!!!!!!!!! Just read The Lurker & how the Sharks are all smug & selling limited edition photos of their massacre of the Knights. As the Lurker put it.......Newcastle are doing it tough enough as it is without the boot being put in - and Cronulla don't exactly have the runs on the board to be gloating. At least the Knights have won a Premiership, something the Sharks will never do! I'm not a Knights lover, but to put the boot in like that is poor. God how I hope Manly does the same to the Sharks on their home ground!

Sharks grateful for early-season Sea Eagles loss / NRL .com

In his career Chad Townsend has never beaten the Sea Eagles. Neither have three of his teammates named to face Manly on Saturday night.

A couple of their Sharks teammates have managed just the lone win while others have only beaten them while at other clubs in years past.

In fact the Sharks haven't beaten their upcoming opponents since 2012 – their lone win in the past 14 games against the Sea Eagles.

However if you ask around, the Sharks are pretty happy with the Sea Eagles.

Not because they like losing. Rather they're pretty thankful for the wake-up call they received back in Round 3 when Cronulla's trip to Brookvale Oval ended in a 10-point defeat.

The Sharks haven't been beaten since, and for Townsend the loss was a "blessing in disguise" as it allowed both he and halves partner James Maloney as well as hooker Michael Ennis to pick apart the side's game-plan.

"Being dusted by the Sea Eagles earlier in the year was honestly a massive turning point in our year. Our combination was still building, obviously it was early in the season, and after that game we sat down as a spine," Townsend explains.

"Michael, Jimmy, myself and the coaching staff – we all had a really good look at the tape and tweaked our game-plan a little bit. From then on, everyone has clicked into gear and haven't missed a beat.

"That was the game I think we needed and it was the one which changed us. They're always such a tough team though. You can never write them off, no matter the form they're in."

We are the Sharks living night mare and they know it .
maxresdefault.jpg

Some late mail -----

Sharks vs Sea Eagles

Sharks to be 1-17 with Gallen set to overcome ankle injury to play, with Prior missing this week due to knee injury will be interesting to see if Flanagan starts Tagataese or drops him back to bench like he has done all year if he does I would expect to see Heighington starting. Sea Eagles could possibly have 1 change with Brett Stewart pushing to make comeback from hamstring injury, if he does play this would push T. Trbojevic to wing with Williame to drop out of 17. Matai is in some doubt due to ongoing neck injury.

Some late mail -----

Sharks vs Sea Eagles

Sharks to be 1-17 with Gallen set to overcome ankle injury to play, with Prior missing this week due to knee injury will be interesting to see if Flanagan starts Tagataese or drops him back to bench like he has done all year if he does I would expect to see Heighington starting. Sea Eagles could possibly have 1 change with Brett Stewart pushing to make comeback from hamstring injury, if he does play this would push T. Trbojevic to wing with Williame to drop out of 17. Matai is in some doubt due to ongoing neck injury.

Matai to play snake back after bye is my late news.

Snake was rushed back too early for the game against the sharks last time and he spent the next 5 weeks playing not even close to 100% fit and it affected his form until the game against Newcastle. I'd only play him if he was at worst 95% (how do you calculate that though?) otherwise we won't see the best we could expect from him at this stage of his career and it would be a good bet that we would again lose him to injury.

As much as we need his experience and organising at the back right now, playing him this week would be counter productive. At best I wouldn't let him return until we play Canberra in 2 weeks after we have the bye.

Is there an 'appreciative groan' button on this thing?

I bet you ask that of all the girls.

Haha! Just joking. After my first attempt at levity failed, I thought I'd have one more shot.

And no. I don't say that to all the girls. LOL!!!

lolol.......how funny is this from the SMH interview with Shane Flannagan:-
"Flanagan said Bird and some of his fired-up teammates were looking forward to targeting the Sea Eagles back-rower in Saturday's return clash before Taupau was once again rubbed out by the MRC.
"Birdy told me he was going to fold him in half for what he did to him in round three," Flanagan said on Friday.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tin-taupau-20160520-gozt4g.html#ixzz49FEonhhF

I'll bet they were all ****ting their pants at the thought of having to play against Taupau! As for Birdy folding him in half........yeah right! He'll be the most relieved that Taupau isn't playing! God I cannot stand Flannagan & the Sharks. Three of the biggest dickheads in the game.......Flannagan, Gallen & Ennis!

I'm in Brissy tonight catching up with one of the pride and joys who gets very frustrated with me when I try to sneak listening to or watching the footy when we're out. So family first.
Later I'll check the scores. Odds aren't in our favour but surprise results do happen. Hopefully I'll be doing some OMG we won cartwheels along the river front.
I'm also going to work on having a more positive attitude towards my team again. We've been through many a tough time before. We will bounce back.
I'm putting a new sticker on the car and will be wearing my jerseys with the knowledge that I support the best footy team in the world, no matter where we currently sit on the ladder.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4