Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be positive but I keep hearing they're going to learn from their mistakes after every sad and sorry performance. Either someone's not turning up to class or a few need to be kept behind on detention. Time to start passing some tests.
If you're talking about those hideously numbing player interviews before a game, not sure how many Silvertails actually watch them anymore.

Having seen the Matty Johns interview with Nicho, yes he played in the Manly 20's in 2015. Then he did the preseason in NSW Cup/NRL and was told there was a two year contract waiting for him at the end of the preseason. Barrett arrived in 2016, he continued in the 20's and got injured and "they forgot about me I guess". He saw other players in the 20's (eg Ramien) getting signed to the NRL but not him, and left at the back end of 2016 and moved to Mackay to play in Qld Cup.

From that interview, me thinks Barrett contributed to Nicho's departure by overlooking him, sadly. Oh what could have been....
I saw the same I interview and agree with your interpretation. He was let go on Barrett’s watch. I can remember followIng that interview someone posted on Silvertails a thread titled ‘ thanks twenty ‘ referring to Barrett not keeping Nicho.

Hynes might be on a high, now that he has a new roommate sharing the crib. So if he isn't firing on all cylinders already come Sunday the motor might be upgraded from a V6 to a V12.

Still believe this years team will surprise a lot of people come September .They have what it takes as we have seen them display in some games but as I alluded to from the beginning , our simple errors and injuries will be our major hurdles .We handed the Broncos the win last week committing too many simple errors .A new week and the boys should learn from their errors and win against the Sharks .Let's go Manly .
They’ll surprise us for sure

Whether that’s top 6 or the wooden spoon we’ll have to wait to find out

For mine the biggest blunder made by the retention team. Hynes then daylight…Queen Gutho couldn’t clean his shoes!
Certainly a bit of neglect/oversight by the development team and/or barrett at the time. But to be fair Hynes was still a few years away from becoming the solid reliable leader he is in 23. Gutho I think was the weirder choice, but I guess we did have a bit of a stacked side at the time

I saw the same I interview and agree with your interpretation. He was let go on Barrett’s watch. I can remember followIng that interview someone posted on Silvertails a thread titled ‘ thanks twenty ‘ referring to Barrett not keeping Nicho.
Well we can thank Squidgy Boy, Uncle Zorba and Bozo. And a few other Class A fockups, like seeing off Gutherson.

Clueless conts.

Having seen the Matty Johns interview with Nicho, yes he played in the Manly 20's in 2015. Then he did the preseason in NSW Cup/NRL and was told there was a two year contract waiting for him at the end of the preseason. Barrett arrived in 2016, he continued in the 20's and got injured and "they forgot about me I guess". He saw other players in the 20's (eg Ramien) getting signed to the NRL but not him, and left at the back end of 2016 and moved to Mackay to play in Qld Cup.

From that interview, me thinks Barrett contributed to Nicho's departure by overlooking him, sadly. Oh what could have been....

If he was overlooked by us then he was also overlooked by every other NRL club. The fact he spent 3.5 years in NSW/Queensland Cup would suggest he just wasn't ready to be an NRL player at the time. When he debuted in 2019 he then spent the next 1.5 years playing off the bench for Melbourne before his breakout year in 2021.

I think he may have needed to walk own his path in life before he came good... To me there's no guarantee that if he stayed at Manly he'd somehow now be as good as he is today.

How we respond against the Sharks to our poor performances over the last few weeks will be the litmus test for me. They have much better backs than us that have a huge psychological edge as a result of our last couple of performances against them. If we don't play patient, disciplined error free football then they'll put another score on us. I don't buy the flip of the coin analogy it's a question as to whether we turn up as a team, everyone of them, focussed and playing for each other for 80 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10