Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need to play like we did against the Storm , so as to have any chance of beating the Sharks
we can only hope Siebs and Flano can do some magic

How we respond against the Sharks to our poor performances over the last few weeks will be the litmus test for me. They have much better backs than us that have a huge psychological edge as a result of our last couple of performances against them. If we don't play patient, disciplined error free football then they'll put another score on us. I don't buy the flip of the coin analogy it's a question as to whether we turn up as a team, everyone of them, focussed and playing for each other for 80 minutes.
I think it's an auto loss without Jake and with Cooper Johns. The real test comes when Jake and Schu are back.

Tell the lot of them there playing for their spots, we drop this game, there will be a blood letting, add to that, loose and it will be the week from hell at training to get your lazy unmotivated asses fit, stop the soft talk, put a bomb under them and be willing to set it off.

Just win, or face the consequences, an attitude adjustment will go a long way to getting the job done, win ugly who cares, just bloody win or you’ll be play regies and running the sand hills at Wanda beach all week.

I would like to see some changes rd 12

Trbo
Saab
Koula
Veaga
Garrick
Schuster/Humphreys
Dce
Paseka
Gordo T
Bullemor
Olakau’atu
Trbojevic B
Croker

Lawton
Aloiai
Sipley/Keppie
S Fainu

Weekes

If he was overlooked by us then he was also overlooked by every other NRL club. The fact he spent 3.5 years in NSW/Queensland Cup would suggest he just wasn't ready to be an NRL player at the time. When he debuted in 2019 he then spent the next 1.5 years playing off the bench for Melbourne before his breakout year in 2021.

I think he may have needed to walk own his path in life before he came good... To me there's no guarantee that if he stayed at Manly he'd somehow now be as good as he is today.
If he'd stayed here he would've been average like the rest of them under Barrett and Des. That's if he actually got a chance at first grade. It's harder to get out of a Manly team these days than in. Certainly performance and form is no guide.

I would consider this to be close to Seibold's preferred 17, Josh Schuster aside. So no fkn excuses tonight. We will need to step up as I feel if we lose this one we will experience a fair old drift into mediocrity

Think we'll be getting a good reaction/bounce back from the Broncs debacle I'd say, thank god it's at Brookie, if ever we needed the home crowd behind us, it's this Sunday.
It'd be hard for us to play much worse than we did that first half against the Broncs, so I'd hope we don't at least shoot ourselves in the foot like that again. But I really don't want to settle for another "valiant" loss. Trying hard is great, but it should always be the minimum we expect. We need to win.

I think Bronco's in Brisbane, is a tougher assignment then Cronulla at Brookvale.
Has all the makings of a close game that will come down to fight and hunger and though can see a fair few tries, can see both teams close at the finish line.

Thank you once again for your great work in posting the Manly Media posts @The Wheel

Our Hooker talks about the importance of putting in a strong performance

We keep on hearing about putting in a strong performance

But we do not seem to see it on the field

We have not seen a strong performance since 2011
and quite frankly my dear people at the Manly club
all Passionate Manly fans are getting Pisses off

Live up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of Premiership winning High expectations
or just Leave our club

Because if we Lower our Great standards . We stand for Nothing Great
The Sea Eagles have made the finals 10 years in a row but are yet to ...

Is it just me or does froggy look extremely agitated in this video. Way more fidgety and unsettled than normal?? Maybe I'm just reading into things too much.🤔
Hand over face the way he behaves 100% anxiety and stress, albeit subconscious. Could be either agitated at answering questions, or agitated regarding where the team is at. Body language doesn't bode well unfortunately

we need to play like we did against the Storm , so as to have any chance of beating the Sharks
we can only hope Siebs and Flano can do some magic
I think Bronco's in Brisbane, is a tougher assignment then Cronulla at Brookvale.
Has all the makings of a close game that will come down to fight and hunger and though can see a fair few tries, can see both teams close at the finish line.
I said that about the titans game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12