Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Radical but interesting. I saw someone suggest this previously too (maybe you?)
But a 5/8 who can't kick? Not to mention he'd be totally spotted and making at least 2 tackles every set.
Nice idea though.
ive read stuff that Tom was a sydney swans recruit at age 16 or something like that, was on there radar

not many people in aussie rules hand passing there way into selectors eyes.

its rare though i grant thee but ive wondered this before. if the new fullback was a kicker

tom and someone is better than someone and tom

i like the idea of tom at 6 but not weeks at 1. maybe koula. we need to start building around tom . just short term to get him away from the stride out moments that fullback presents and get him scheming with shorter strides

a good half can play busted for years, fullbacks not so much

manly al

First Grader
Wonder if Shu will make a comeback at Blacktown this weekend . Going to be a fairly good line up on paper if a few more drop back as well . Just do not know what to expect from the i st grade line up tomorrow . Due for a bounce back and more then capable of it , just hope that they can play some measured footy and not put themselves under so much pressure for a start . Guess that here was not a lot of options for the 6 role again , smart Sharkie pair of halves who can get things going if given the opportunity . just have to make it as hard as possible for them to try and dictate the play . Really just need also some better variation with attacking plays in the Sharks red zone , effective decoy runners or something to put the defence into two minds , not necessarily wrap arounds but some very ordinary attacking tactics for a while now . Big priority to just limit their scoreline as well , got away with it against the West Tigers coming from behind and almost the knights but so much harder when a side has to continually chase points to eventually finish on top

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

1. Sounds like a loser.
2. Looks to be feeling the pressure
3. His big positive is we're starting with the same 17 as last week. Yay.
I am puzzled as you are feathered friend
Seibold player Mentor Mentality
We are going with the 1 to 17 that capitulated two weeks in a row as this helps with our cohesion

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle

1. Sounds like a loser.
Reading that it's either laugh or cry or just
🤦‍♂️
Maybe he needs to eat the brookie grass like that AFL player.

Pete W

Bencher

1. Sounds like a loser.
Looking grim, constantly casting his eyes down. Looks and sounds drained

His first answer that this is the first time we've fielded the same 17 all year... seriously? This applies to literally all teams, almost every week. Anthony mate, no excuses, your squad situation is no more difficult than anyone else

He talks about Schu's weight loss even though a fortnight ago he was telling everyone he simply needs to work on getting his quad right.

Really don't think this guy will be a long time NRL head coach. Just doesn't sound like a confident self-assured leader of men

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Looking grim, constantly casting his eyes down. Looks and sounds drained

His first answer that this is the first time we've fielded the same 17 all year... seriously? This applies to literally all teams, almost every week. Anthony mate, no excuses, your squad situation is no more difficult than anyone else

He talks about Schu's weight loss even though a fortnight ago he was telling everyone he simply needs to work on getting his quad right.

Really don't think this guy will be a long time NRL head coach. Just doesn't sound like a confident self-assured leader of men

It is hard to find something positive to say about Seibold at the moment when our team has been playing sht

The Moment Manly people drop their legendary clubs high expectations and standards is the Moment we lose the great standards that we stand for

Excuses do not enlighten confidence but expose incompetence
Team Resilience is not built on excuses
Clubs like the Dolphins have had more injuries than us and are sitting higher than us and are overachieving whilst we are underachieving

Bomb Voyage

Reserve Grader
Im usually so pumped and excited about each game, despite our odds. But this one feels different, no changes, nothing exciting to look forward to, no innovation, nothing to provide hope. Ah well, I'll watch obviously but, meh.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Im usually so pumped and excited about each game, despite our odds. But this one feels different, no changes, nothing exciting to look forward to, no innovation, nothing to provide hope. Ah well, I'll watch obviously but, meh.
No team changes
No innovation
Same team with same old excuses

We should Never stop supporting our Legendary Manly club
But we also should never endorse the mediocrity that is dragging us down

We expect nothing less than a resilient Manly win on our sacred home ground in front of our Great fans and Golden eagles

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
I may be in the minority but thought his presser was pretty good. Answered all the questions honestly and was open about where we have been going wrong. He is not the bloke making all those errors over the last few weeks and who knows if we had half decent ball control in a lot of games in recent times the result may well have been different.

Pete W

Bencher
After Luai's performance this weekend, Hynes primed for a massive response, and also being Indigenous round.

He and Fitzgibbon filthy last week, Sharks will come out all guns blazing. Honestly we don't really stand a chance but as always, hoping for some fkng resolve!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Same old same old
Usually pumped for Sunday arvo footy at Brookvale oval not today
Sharks will thump us by 30
Ill be there feathered friend

Amongst the Great Golden Eagles and our Great Manly faithful passionate souls

I hope the Passionate Manly peoples spirit that will fill our sacred ground can spur our team to Victory

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
After Luai's performance this weekend, Hynes primed for a massive response, and also being Indigenous round.

He and Fitzgibbon filthy last week, Sharks will come out all guns blazing. Honestly we don't really stand a chance but as always, hoping for some fkng resolve!
And compare that to ours from last weekend completely different.

I don't give us a hope in hell tomorrow sharks have been my bet of the week ( I don't personally bet however).

As u said they will be smarting after last week's defeat and we will face a completely different team tomorrow.

We may keep pace for the first 30 minutes but the sharks will overpower us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13