Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Centre Siosifa Talakai (neck) and prop Oregon Kaufusi (illness) dropped out of the squad on Saturday. Connor Tracey comes into the centres in jersey No.19 and Cameron McInnes moves from the bench to start in the middle. Braydon Trindall is the new man on the interchange.

At least some good news here
It is, Talakai's a wrecking ball, and Kaufusi goes ok as well. We'll take whatever advantage is given to us.

Perhaps there are not a heap of options

The ineffective Woods is an option for Seibold but a he is a bad option

Blacktown has potential players and there are some good options there
Fainu and Fulton in the Forwards are better options than Woods

Woods is the most pedestrian forward in the NRL
Slow to run the ball up and slow to play the ball and slow to move up in defence
There is a reason why he could not make a start in the Dragons underperforming team

Last edited:
The ineffective Woods is an option for Seibold but a he is a bad option

Blacktown has potential players and there are some good options there
Fainu and Fulton in the Forwards are better options than Woods

Woods is the most pedestrian forward in the NRL
Slow to run the ball up and slow to play the ball and slow to move up in defence
There is a reason why he could not make a start in the Dragons underperforming team

Perhaps you're right Bozo. I accept he's somewhat ponderous. But you know I'm led by stats rather than impressions and what I see is a player who has been off the bench in three games, the first for 28 mins with 16 tackles no misses, the second for 19 minutes with 15 tackles no misses and the third for 40 minutes and a remarkable 34 tackles and 2 misses In total that makes 87 minutes on the field, just over a games worth, with 65 tackles and 2 misses. I doubt there are many forwards in the game that can claim that sort of tackling average. Accept its not doing a full games worth which will lead to tiring and more missed tackles, but that's a quite extraordinary stat. If the rest of the team tackled so effectively I doubt we would be in the position we are in, especially as in recent matches where we are missing over 30 tackles and occasionally 40 a match.

Cant speak to his attacking prowess but defensively he's far better than most of our forwards based on that small sample. Perceptions often don't tell the full story. You need good defenders as well as good attacking forwards

Same old same old
Usually pumped for Sunday arvo footy at Brookvale oval not today
Sharks will thump us by 30
I'm not even bothering to go this week ....... At least at home I can switch it off at half time.

A lot will come down to our forwards. With Cronulla having 3 front rowers out in Rudolph, Hamlin Uele and Kaufusi, our forwards will get no better chance to get one over their opposition

If we beat the Sharks and the Titans lose to the Knights, we will jump to 6th on the ladder ✔️

A lot will come down to our forwards. With Cronulla having 3 front rowers out in Rudolph, Hamlin Uele and Kaufusi, our forwards will get no better chance to get one over their opposition

I'd you're relying on our forwards, don't hold your breath!

I think (okay, hope) Josh A will have a good game tomorrow. He is due.

If our team have a backbone they will not let their captain lead the tackle count again.

Work hard through the middle and the rewards will come.

After Luai's performance this weekend, Hynes primed for a massive response, and also being Indigenous round.

He and Fitzgibbon filthy last week, Sharks will come out all guns blazing. Honestly we don't really stand a chance but as always, hoping for some fkng resolve!
Indigenous round is next week. But that won’t save us this week.

I think (okay, hope) Josh A will have a good game tomorrow. He is due.

If our team have a backbone they will not let their captain lead the tackle count again.

Work hard through the middle and the rewards will come.
Not dropping the pill is considered a good game for Aloaoi 🤣

It's already been said but we're only really missing Jake and Schuster. I know they're big misses but it rarely gets much better in terms of players unavailable. So for me there are no excuses. It has got a feeling of it being a make or break game for our season

Agree, out also is Talakai, who destroyed us last time. They wont be as tough as the Broncs, Seib's should have the side reeved up for this match. No Jake, Schuster and Sipley and Tommy at 70% atm, no more excuses, we need to show our fans what we're made of.

So we’re a chance then?!

Sounds familiar….

‘We will be very lucky to get within 20 points of storm. Our season has been over for a while we have been made to look good by our opponents.’
Pretty gloomy outlook Bradza, we smashed Melb if you remember and our season is far from over. Sure we've had a couple of touch ups but so as most teams bar Souths and Penrith, goodness sake, it's only rd 11 . Are you actually a Manly fan, or just posing as one.

No
Pretty gloomy outlook Bradza, we smashed Melb if you remember and our season is far from over. Sure we've had a couple of touch ups but so as most teams bar Souths and Penrith, goodness sake, it's only rd 11 . Are you actually a Manly fan, or just posing as one.

No he is having a go at me for having an opinion.

I’ve got a gloomy outlook? Oh ok.

It's already been said but we're only really missing Jake and Schuster. I know they're big misses but it rarely gets much better in terms of players unavailable. So for me there are no excuses. It has got a feeling of it being a make or break game for our season
Yeah I’m not an excuses man either but look what happened when Haas and Man were out for Broncs v Souths. Jake and Schu are 2 of our best 5 players.

Really can't see what the positive is, saying the pleasing thing is we have the same 17 from last week...please!!...no Schuster, Jake and Sipley..mmm..
Every coach I've heard has said that team continuity is always an advantage, and it's not that hard to understand why.
Fans of course are always making up their imaginary list of who are the best players, which is fine although they are rarely all available together.
Seibold is looking for positives and that's one at least.

So 1-17 updated team list
Woods in our best squad wow
Same old same old sadly
We've got 2 of our top props out in Jake and Sips. Woods's experience helps in that situation, plus he played quite well last week.
Would you have preferred to see Boyle or Condon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10