Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know where to start but seeing Woods in there again is infuriating. We supposedly let Fifita and Tuitavake leave for more first grade opportunities (money obviously involved but we didn't need to let them go early) and now that Jake and Sipley are out, the front row spots are open and Woods is a regular part of the 17. The bloke couldn't even crack it at the Dragons who are equal last with the Tigers where we sign all our players from. I'd genuinely rather see Boyle or Condon in that spot

We kept hearing GCKT would be available from round 11 and he is nowhere to be seen, instead Croker is there who busted or not did not make one single run against the Broncos. It also tells a story that we can't tell if Parker is playing injured or just poorly but he shouldn't be in the side either way. Play Burbo there or move Garrick to the centres and bring Vaega back in.

Not worth the risk rushing Schuster back because we are in for a rough afternoon anyway, it'd be unbearable if he came back too early and had a poor game

Not worth the risk rushing Schuster back because we are in for a rough afternoon anyway, it'd be unbearable if he came back too early and had a poor game
I agree with your earlier points, but not the last point. Our only chance of matching Cronulla's backs is the hope that Turbo and The Shoe regain form, imo.
Hope springs eternal. Johns springs leaks.

I know the sharks took a beating on the weekend as we did but at times since hynes has been back their attack has looked white hot. I just hope we don't play them back into form by gifting them ball and field position allowing them more opportunities to terrorise our paper thin defence. We started the year off looking really fired up and smashing teams in defence, that seems a long time ago now

A new week a new game but same team at the moment
They need to just cut the simple errors. They have showed they can compete , There just a frustrating team at the moment so hoping they can turn it around , Cronulla had a poor game last weeks as well , Manly Ned to Get the defence right ,
I thought Johns was better last week and think he will get better , remembering he has not a lot of first grade experience so prepared to give him some slack not his fault Schuster has had some problems
Still concerns me what Woods actually contributes to the team other than experience but the coaches see something

I know the sharks took a beating on the weekend as we did but at times since hynes has been back their attack has looked white hot. I just hope we don't play them back into form by gifting them ball and field position allowing them more opportunities to terrorise our paper thin defence. We started the year off looking really fired up and smashing teams in defence, that seems a long time ago now
We've played the Tigers and the Titans into form hopefully we don't add another to the list.

I think the only way Manly competes in this if the Sharks are slowed to a crawl, so leave the oval's grass long, leave the sprinklers on all day and night Saturday, and accidentally reduce the width of the marked-out playing field.

A new week a new game but same team at the moment
They need to just cut the simple errors. They have showed they can compete , There just a frustrating team at the moment so hoping they can turn it around , Cronulla had a poor game last weeks as well , Manly Ned to Get the defence right ,
I thought Johns was better last week and think he will get better , remembering he has not a lot of first grade experience so prepared to give him some slack not his fault Schuster has had some problems
Still concerns me what Woods actually contributes to the team other than experience but the coaches see something
Woods should only be played if we are we are winning (or everyone else is injured)

It might sound counterintuitive, but he can probably be the 17th man in a good team (which we are not) to add experience and play 15-20 minutes.

Otherwise, he is just taking up a place that a younger guy with a high ceiling should have.

Sooooo
No Jake
Woods
Cooper
Dropsey
Our Bench?
Question marks over Frog, Parker and Tommy (have I left anything out?)
We better respect the ball this week and aim up in the middle, (maybe share the tackling with Chez would be a good start) and given we’re not scoring points at the moment, get stuck in defensively, their on hat trick against us, can’t let that happen at home surely, I say kick them while their down, take Nicho out of the game (legally I’m mean, just find a way to close him out) shorten up Kennedy early, then we might have a fighting chance, albeit a slim one.

Never thought I’d see the day the Sharks kick of the week $1.48 favourites at Brookie, whatever happened to the Fortress, depressing I tell ya.

Sharks still 13+ cannot see us getting close hope I am wrong

We need to show up on Sunday mothers day homeground no excuses.

Wouldn't Bully to lock and burbo to the edge make more sense?
Lawton to the edge, Bully to lock, Weekes to fourteen, Aloiai to the bench, Fainu to the bench, Tuilagi and Woods to the extended bench makes even more sense IMHO.

8 Taniela Paseka
9 Lachlan Croker
10 Sean Keppie
11 Haumole Olakau'atu
12 Karl Lawton
13 Ethan Bullemor
Bench
14 Kaeo Weekes
15 Ben Trbojevic
16 Josh Aloiai
17 Samuela Fainu

Status