Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
upload_2019-9-21_19-10-5.png

Quotes attributable to Dean Gagai ! Doesn't this suggest he was cooked and only getting in the way of JT ? Surely this says he was no chance to score and Annersley and the NRL are 100% wrong again.

JOHNS for once was sensible in his assessment of Jake unlike Fittler who said he deserved the bin . Fittler is a dribbling idiot in my opinion. Another one that wanted south's home .
I thought it was quite cruel of Fittler to interview Jake after the game, when he was obviously devastated. Good natured Jake still answered his questions but he should have refused. Was there really a need to interview him and rub salt into the wound...I think not.

Like you guys I’m finding it hard to get over this. Hopefully Gus has a big ol rant in 100% footy tonight because I haven’t felt closure yet.

NYEagle
Oh well so much for that.

It looks like Newtown making the grand final and Shane Flanagan coming back to NRL are the biggest talking points from semi final weekend.

Joke

Already switched off

NYEagle

How long is a dropout shot clock? Is it 5 seconds now:think:

Recall a couple being let go just in our games this year along with the scrum shot clocks :cool:

View attachment 12800
1:36 Sutton blows the whistle as he points to Chez

View attachment 12801
1:30 Chez has dropped the ball to his foot but not kicked it as the buzzer sounds simultaneously
That was the time on the FOX broadcast

This is from the NINE Broadcast - 7.5 seconds not 25 seconds - did they use the scrum shot clock instead of the dropout shot clock :think:
In both instances the commentator is speaking non stop so there is no splicing of the real time event

ShotClock-7828.JPG

78:28 Sutton blows the whistle as he points to Chez

ShotClock-7832.JPG

78:32 Chez's kick is now done

Last edited:
Manly Daily today

Sin to bin Jake says Arko

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Jake Trbojevic and Daly Cherry-Evans react to the contentious decision against Manly and (inset) Ken Arthurson, Picture: AAP

KEN Arthurson, one of rugby league’s most respected figures, has described the controversial sin-binning of Manly’s Jake Trbojevic in the sudden death clash with South Sydney as “absolutely ridiculous”.

While the star forward was off the field for supposedly holding back Souths centre Dane Gagai as they raced for the ball the Rabbitohs came from behind to win the game 34-26 while cruelly ending Manly’s season.

“I just can’t believe he was sin-binned for that, a penalty was probably reasonable, you couldn’t argue with that,” Arthurson, the Sea Eagles “godfather” said.

“But the send off was absolutely ridiculous.

“I honestly believe had Jake Trbojevic not been off Manly would have won that game.

“Not only is he a terrific player, he is certainly our best defender.

“There is no question that changed the game — Souths scored two tries after he went off.”

Arthurson said he was just shattered when Trbojevic was binned 13 minutes from full-time with the Sea Eagles holding a 26-20 lead.

And those comments were not the norm for Arthurson, who at one time in his distinguished career was the Chairman of the Australian Rugby League.

“If you walked the length and breadth of this country you wouldn’t find a bloke who is less critical of referees than I am,” he said.

“I always stand up for referees because it is a tough job and most times the decisions right and wrong even themselves out over a period of time.

“But when you consider the whole season virtually centred around that send off it was a bit tough.

“But in saying that good luck to Souths, they weren’t refereeing the game.”

Arthurson also noted the final penalty count was 9-3 to Souths, who didn’t concede one penalty in the second half.

Other well respected figures who were critical of the decision to sin-bin Trbojevic, which was the major talking point out of last weekend, included Phil Gould and Ryan Girdler, while Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler said his team had been ‘’dudded”.

Despite the widespread backlash, NRL head of football Graham Annesley insisted it was the right decision,

But that contentious end did not dampen Arthurson’s pride in the Sea Eagles’ spirited campaign under Hasler.

“I am really over the moon with the way Manly played this year,” Arthurson said.

“I think Des Hasler has done an absolutely marvellous job.

“He has brought a team that most people thought would be lucky not to be on the bottom of the ladder to be up in the top bracket.”

Arthurson has been very impressed by the display of the Sea Eagles forwards through 2019.

“The two front-rowers (Marty Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake) have just been superb,” Arthurson said.

This penalty has still not been explained.

Referee blows his whistle and points to the dropout spot.

Chez clearly kicks it on the 8 second mark according to both broadcast time displays

When was the 30 second shot clock initiated and why did the Referee blow his whistle with just an 8 second warning :think:

Nrl.com Operations Rules
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIDBAG&usg=AOvVaw2lhDzGrpZaTQcAoM-cJRma

Drop Out Clock
1. Where a team is required to recommence play with a goal line or 20 metre drop out, they must do so within 30
seconds from the time the Referee has ruled the goal line
or 20 metre dropout and verbally indicated that the
“drop out clock” has started.
2. The kick will deemed to be completed when the kicker’s foot has struck the ball.
3. If the “drop out clock” has counted down to zero seconds (indicated by a siren sounding) without the drop out
having been taken, the Referee shall award a penalty to the non-kicking team:
(a) In the case of a goal line drop out –at the centre of the 10 metre line; or
(b) In the case of a 20 metre drop out –at the centre of the 20 metre line.
4. If, in the opinion of the Referee, the drop out is being delayed by factors outside of a team’s control,
the Referee may call “time off” on the “game clock”. If “time off” is called, the “drop out clock” will
also be stopped and only re-started once the Referee has called “time on”.

I thought it was quite cruel of Fittler to interview Jake after the game, when he was obviously devastated. Good natured Jake still answered his questions but he should have refused. Was there really a need to interview him and rub salt into the wound...I think not.
I would never defend farking Freddy, but in this case, I would say most half time and after match interviews are prearranged with the players.

I thought the worst thing Fittler done, was take Jake's words way out of context....Jake stated he was "gutted" and it "cost his side the game" .....but never went into any great detail on deserving to cop 10 minutes, in fact saying "I was trying to get past him".....that's no Guilty plea that he admitted to doing the wrong thing, in fact quite the opposite and I found that he took advantage of the fact Jake was so devastated, which is a pretty low blow and poor piece of media from a bloke who as an ex footy player, knows the difference to playing the player or the man with the ball....Jakes ONLY intent was 100% to shut down the ball carrier and IF this mystery pass came back inside Jake would have absolutely smashed him....the fact Jake who was shattered big time took the time out to even take the interview shows his class, unlike the bloke holding the mic and making up some BS that Jake confessed to some crime....of course he was crushed, had just been knocked out unfairly 1 game out from the GF.

I thought the worst thing Fittler done, was take Jake's words way out of context....Jake stated he was "gutted" and it "cost his side the game" .....but never went into any great detail on deserving to cop 10 minutes, in fact saying "I was trying to get past him".....that's no Guilty plea that he admitted to doing the wrong thing, in fact quite the opposite and I found that he took advantage of the fact Jake was so devastated, which is a pretty low blow and poor piece of media from a bloke who as an ex footy player, knows the difference to playing the player or the man with the ball....Jakes ONLY intent was 100% to shut down the ball carrier and IF this mystery pass came back inside Jake would have absolutely smashed him....the fact Jake who was shattered big time took the time out to even take the interview shows his class, unlike the bloke holding the mic and making up some BS that Jake confessed to some crime....of course he was crushed, had just been knocked out unfairly 1 game out from the GF.
Ever since we got freddy fired from his coaching gig hes hated us

This penalty has still not been explained.

Referee blows his whistle and points to the dropout spot.

Chez clearly kicks it on the 8 second mark according to both broadcast time displays

When was the 30 second shot clock initiated and why did the Referee blow his whistle with just an 8 second warning

Sorry to say, but they did get this one right. I just watched that piece of footage based on the Kayo Sports replay. At 2.52:35 the ref blows the whistle for the dropout, exactly 30 seconds later the shot clock expires. There was no time out called by the ref at any stage.

Sorry to say, but they did get this one right. I just watched that piece of footage based on the Kayo Sports replay. At 2.52:35 the ref blows the whistle for the dropout, exactly 30 seconds later the shot clock expires. There was no time out called by the ref at any stage.
Then both broadcasters spliced the shots as there is only 8 seconds on the game time clock between the whistle and the kick :cool:

Kayo must be a direct feed and not a 7 second or so delay to edit out bad language etc :confused:

Not that it matters now, but...!
How about the penalty just before half time that allowed Souths to go down field, and ended with Cam Murray's crucial 'superman' try?
Souths coming off their own line, Jake makes a dominant tackle forcing Gagai backwards and onto his back. They get up, Gagai plays the ball. Then a penalty is blown. Anyone know what it was for? It can't have been anything in the tackle, surely.

I would have been tempted to tell Flippler to jam his NSW team up his arse. Right before setting his shirt on fire with uppercuts.

But I am a quixotic kind of guy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12