Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 16, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
36 4 Pines Park
30 Jun 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

And just farrrking QUIETLY (sic)... farrrk you DCE for showing the same identical lack of composure in the dying moments two weeks straight. Throwing the Cow's game wasn't enough to learn from, so you decided to kick on the last play tonight instead of wrapping up the game. You are the definition of stupidity... repeat the same mistakes over and over.

The part that upsets me a bit, is I was worried what the Cowboys game would do psychologically to our players. When we were up 36-12, I was happy that it appeared it would be a once off and we’d put it behind us. That it’s happened again, kinda concretes the psychological damage of that Cowboys game.
its going to be a factor all season now I think. We should of never given the storm a sniff, imagine storm doing what we did tonight coach would not allow the team to go onto the bye he would work them hard over the 2 weeks.

happy with the win but hated that last 15 minutes

Well, we aint winning any premiership if thats the standard you accept. No point being brilliant in moments if you also allow that sort of garbage.
She’ll be right mate. On the bright side - no injuries or on reports, gave Jake a break with 10 to go and Ola with 20 to go. Played in first gear first 15 minutes and last 10 and still beat a Top 2 team.

What really impressed me was our defence for 70 minutes, our kick returns, and forwards who gave the backline enough room to do their thing.

Good thing was Koula getting better each game, and we won despite missing 4 kicks at goal. A 1 week break to get all niggles out, Origin over, then back to make a tilt for Top 8, and if results go our way, Top 4.

The question is why do we capitulate in the last 10 minutes. We were lucky they didn’t punish us when we started so poorly. Then we steadied and DCE’s 40/20 resulted in a try a momentum shift. We then looked great until the last 10 minutes. So what happened? Two weeks in a row! A complete lack of professionalism and effort that’s what. A complete lack of concentration and grit. Embarrassing and disappointing. A win is a win but they should be embarrassed.

Well we kind of need to work on that clocking off thing.
Jake leaves the field and the spirit goes with him.
Awesome to beat Melbourne though. I didn’t think we had a hope. Thought it’d be 64-2.
Manly owned them for most of that game which was great to see.
No more switching off boys. We need 80 minutes. Thanks for the win.
Go Manly,

Problem is both Davey & Olakau'atu played blinders.
True. But he tries to do the miracle plays when he comes on with 20 to go. He needs to get many more minutes, and work into the rhythm of the game. That offside at the kick-off was Shoe thinking he’s gotta go nuts in the last 20.

He had a couple of other moments tonight too but got lucky which made him look like a genius

Well that's the problem...he always plays on the ragged edge so when the game calls for it and it comes off its outstanding... but when the game requires a safe pair of hands he doesn't deliver

That last chip was brainless

That kick over the sideline was brainless

That pass to Brandon Smith standing there was brainless

1st half DCE giveth
2nd half DCE taketh away

Last edited:
The question is why do we capitulate in the last 10 minutes. We were lucky they didn’t punish us when we started so poorly. Then we steadied and DCE’s 40/20 resulted in a try a momentum shift. We then looked great until the last 10 minutes. So what happened? Two weeks in a row! A complete lack of professionalism and effort that’s what. A complete lack of concentration and grit. Embarrassing and disappointing. A win is a win but they should be embarrassed.
It’s probably a lack of maturity. One or two players (who should know better) lead the way towards near disaster and some of the younger ones follow.

True. But he tries to do the miracle plays when he comes on with 20 to go. He needs to get many more minutes, and work into the rhythm of the game. That offside at the kick-off was Shoe thinking he’s gotta go nuts in the last 20.
No,that was just a lack of professionalism,which basically sums up his season.The ball went to the other side of the field,so he wasn’t going to get involved anyway

Sorry to be rude, but you’ve gotta be ****ing kidding?!

He wasn’t jumping the gun and showing energy, he was getting a head start because he is lazy. He didn’t sprint, he just nonchalantly jogged past the kicker without a care in the world.

There is a difference between not caring and being happy

I have had a couple of massive things happen this week which are far more serious than any game of footy - I liked watching a young team who is developing have a real dig for most of the game
Hope all goes well

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6