Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 16, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
36 4 Pines Park
30 Jun 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Not sure who was on the bench but that could be the difference between a Manly junior, as opposed to a pack of blow-ins from western Sydney, with no cultural affinity (when they were growing up) with the Manly-Warringah district and our team. Jake is an inheritor of the mindset of great Manly forwards of the past, like Bull, Randall, Krilich or Vautin.

Or am I reading to much into this? They were looking at a big winning margin at that point.

Shows we cannot afford to rest him again between now and September.
It was Walker,Paseka and Olakau’atu. BenT was there too but he had a nervous smile on his face,probably due to the fact he’s copped a few Jake blasts growing up

Despite the way the game finished I’m very proud of how we played.
We stuck it to the 2nd places Storm for most of the game. We can give the finals a good shake up playing like that.

We are coming home with a wet sail and teams will be nervous playing us.

Here we come ! 🦅

Don't know why so many are blowing up and disgusted with the side. That win relieves the pressure valve and sure pinpoints what needs to be focussed on. Namely playing the full 80.
Manly's attack is humming, the defence was excellent until it was crap.
I think the squad will take heaps of confidence out of that win. Ironically if Storm hadn't torn us to shreds it could have led to a big head and overconfidence, now the boys will know they have so much to work on but, as with the Cows game - for 70 min, Wow!

The part that upsets me a bit, is I was worried what the Cowboys game would do psychologically to our players. When we were up 36-12, I was happy that it appeared it would be a once off and we’d put it behind us. That it’s happened again, kinda concretes the psychological damage of that Cowboys game.
Yes indeed and they now have to absolutely come out after the bye and smash the living sh*t out of the knights for 80 minutes to get this malaise out of their system.

Sorry to be rude, but you’ve gotta be ****ing kidding?!

He wasn’t jumping the gun and showing energy, he was getting a head start because he is lazy. He didn’t sprint, he just nonchalantly jogged past the kicker without a care in the world.
Ok.Keep kicking the kid. If that’s what makes you happy.

Don't know why so many are blowing up and disgusted with the side. That win relieves the pressure valve and sure pinpoints what needs to be focussed on. Namely playing the full 80.
Manly's attack is humming, the defence was excellent until it was crap.
I think the squad will take heaps of confidence out of that win. Ironically if Storm hadn't torn us to shreds it could have led to a big head and overconfidence, now the boys will know they have so much to work on but, as with the Cows game - for 70 min, Wow!
Standards my friend

not finishing the job like top 8 team should be doing.

yes it does relieve the pressure valve a bit but that last 15 minutes very poor from our players.

I don’t think we will ever of got a better chance to really give it to storm that’s the most disappointing point.

I have had a couple of massive things happen this week which are far more serious than any game of footy - \
I hope things massively take a turn for the good for you feathered friend

I believe every thing that matters in our lives should be taken serious including football games

In sport if you are not serious about winning you wont be successful

Winning is seriously everything in professional sport . Just ask Trent Berrett whose losses ended his coaching career

Standards my friend

yes it does relieve the pressure valve a bit but that last 15 minutes very poor from our players.

I don’t think we will ever of got a better chance to really give it to storm that’s the most disappointing point.
Relax, tonight was all about the 2 points. We got them :)

Standards my friend

You nailed it feathered friend and your magic word was STANDARDS !

True. But he tries to do the miracle plays when he comes on with 20 to go. He needs to get many more minutes, and work into the rhythm of the game. That offside at the kick-off was Shoe thinking he’s gotta go nuts in the last 20.
I'm watching from Thailand & lost connectivity several times, esp. towards the end, so didn't see whatever Schuster did or didn't do.

However, I am surprised by negativity of some posters. We beat our arch enemy after all! The last victory against them was by one point in 2019. Sure, we clocked off towards the end, but we smashed their forwards for most of the match. We can do the same thing next time we play them. Also, the shackles came off our attack and the team can now start fully believing in themselves.

That was a great try by Koula against the run of the play, esp. as he had to turn around to catch the ball. However, if Saab received the ball in a similar position, no one would have got near him & he would have scored closer to the posts. IMO, he is substantially faster than Koula. Koula's strength is his speed off the mark.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 36
Storm: 30

291306608_10159859507960993_4592762800807766388_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review:

Match Highlights: