Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 16, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
36 4 Pines Park
30 Jun 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Did anyone else hear the commentators making excuses for Melbourne near the end?

They had players travel back from Perth...um so did we. They had players travel from NZL...um so did we. They had players in the Campbelltown tests...um so did we...They had Kaufusi out...um we had Aloiai out. They had Munster out...um we had Tommy out.

Did anyone else hear the commentators making excuses for Melbourne near the end?

They had players travel back from Perth...um so did we. They had players travel from NZL...um so did we. They had players in the Campbelltown tests...um so did we...They had Kaufusi out...um we had Aloiai out. They had Munster out...um we had Tommy out.

Don't forget that they usually mention 'but they won't use that as an excuse' somewhere in there!

And over to my motto: "winners are grinners!"

(well mostly)

Woohoo!

And Parker

Adolf only called Storm last night ... didn't have anything to say about Manly. His commentating is getting worse, his opinions worse ... the only commentator who mentioned Manly last night was Fatty (the utter legend). The rest were "oh Storm having an off night" or "Bellamy's going off, will be a tough half time break" or "Storm are missing Munster" or "huge strip by Cheese, could spark something here" ... no acknowledgement Manly were playing out of their skin.

It's putrid, but I have observed this for a fair while now. If you're not Storm, Panthers, Eels, Roosters or Souths the commentators barely know you are on the park.

They were also saying, If only paps had have kicked some of the conversions, no mention of our missed attempts.

Cronk the football player - great, Cronk the fox sports commentor - not great
Boring, boring person.

He seems to think we want to hear him break down the technicalities of every play.

There was a bit when the other commentator asked Cronk what bedtime stories he read to his kids & he said he just makes something up & I thought "with your voice & intonation, I bet they're asleep within the first 2 sentences".

Interesting that when the Storm were cooked they received five penalties in the last 12 minutes.
Yes, I know the last two were stupid and wholly in our control.

They certainly came think 'n fast.

though you're also right.

Stay on-side at the kick-off (wonder how long you'd have to go back to find that penalty given, though) and ffs dce... don't kick out on the full / near the sideline.

actually dce's kick off was bad enough but the fact he put that little chip through right at the end when all he had to do was take the tackle, is seriously worrying.

It just doesn't seem like someone who is all that switched on with the concept of game management. You don't always have to push the envelope / live on the edge...just get the job done.

Still... 2 points against team #2 and the purple scum.

I'm shocked....shocked our resident storm fan hasn't posted yet another thesis on why it wasn't a real win and blah bah blah

damn good to get a win. very friggen happy!

This talk of Storm being off their game was only due to Manly's superb defence. Could not have asked for more... then the last 7 or so minutes.
Hopefully we have a great base to build on and not fall away from.

Time will tell
I'm reminded of a notorious game in which one team belted the other for most of the game but near the end the losing side rushed on 4 tries which made the score less embarrassing. But that was a mirage that didn't fool anyone, it was embarrassing. And the other team had established its superiority and went on to win the comp. It was 2014 finals...!

Certainly up there with the more bizarre type of games , 2 out of 7 early possessions but Manly defence holding up well . Try against the run of play , a couple of bombed opportunities then a long stanza of good controlled footy , defence and top class team work . Then the last 10 minute collapse . , In there somewhere is a very capable Manly footy side definitely good enough to take it to the best sides , even the Panthers if Manly can be at their best with their best available roster. Good to see Saab doing well again , the good attacking structures was noticeable last night Storm still had some good strike power , a bit off their game but Manly "s defence except for the diabolical last 10 was solid . Marty a lot more enthusiasm , plenty of other really good efforts . . important to get at least one win from the Cows and Storm , Hope still springs eternal .

Rugby League has become like basketball. The last five minutes of a match now takes 10 minutes.
To be able to score four tries in the final five minutes is bizarre and I'd be surprised if it's happened in the NRL before.
Why is the NRL treating the final five minutes of a match differently to the first 75 minutes?

A win is a win, but that was the worst I've seen Storm play. We shouldve beaten them by 30.

DCE must have the captaincy taken off him. An impetuous leader makes for an undisciplined squad

Boring, boring person.

He seems to think we want to hear him break down the technicalities of every play.

There was a bit when the other commentator asked Cronk what bedtime stories he read to his kids & he said he just makes something up & I thought "with your voice & intonation, I bet they're asleep within the first 2 sentences".
Hahaha a perfect analytical description of Cronk. He should team up with Andrew Johns and have a show called The Sleepy hour

Cronk the football player - great, Cronk the fox sports commentor - not great
Cronk reminds me of the Shaun Micallif character, Milo Kerrigan. C99FFCAD-9FDD-4DA2-BD6B-B8D384B8AB2F.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8