Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
18 Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 18
Storm: 28

213907285_10159270153750993_9177988439212002552_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:
Sea Eagles press conference | Fox Sports Videos
Storm press conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips: TBA

Press Print & Video Articles:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

stfu Jethro!

kidding :) Thanks again and as always.

Sigh

what a weird feeling.

Never happy with a loss because wow, two points would have been awesome ladder wise at the moment.

Happy with a really good effort against a red hot and totally under the salary cap team never favoured by the refs. (......)

But wow, some basic, basic mistakes. Not sure if the storm pressured us into them or Manly were nervous and just had a brain fade or two (or five).

I wonder how a team goes about being able to sit on players for 20 seconds every tackle without giving away a set restart. Must be nice (but probably too expensive).

Still... some encouraging signs and even though the game has already been deleted from my computer, the guys will be better for it. They'll see the very real importance of mistake free footy and continue getting stuck in.

The good guys almost won and they still played real footy against the protractors, slide-rules, and ref favoured super league cap cheating cultish toolbags known as the storm.

A much better performance than I expected. Far too many mistakes and if not for Saab's intercept it could have spiralled totally away from us but I am proud of our very inexperienced squad that kept it together. They will have learned a hell of a lot about top level NRL and will be better off for it. The crap the Storm get away with is not going to change and we need to learn how to rise above that...so this was a good baby step. Onward and upward for these guys.

First off, I didn't expect that we would win last night. But there were a ton of positives to take from last nights game.

Melbourne have been running roughshod over the NRL all season. They have made a mockery of just about every teams defense, including Penrith. And yes I know that they scored 28 points last night, but lets be real ... it took them almost 75 minutes to put the game out of reach of Manly and it was only a couple of lucky tries and some poor handling on our part that was really the difference.

We showed last night that we weren't intimidated by the Storm. And I don't know about anyone else but this really does smell a lot like 2008 and 2011.

We proved that they are not invincible. They can be beaten.

Refereeing the the first half especially was terrible BUT our errors killed us. However we can win this - there is no doubt. We had no ball - showed great resillience and maybe had some luck as well to hang in there. The Aloiai error, Parker cough up, the DCE/Haumole mess resulting in the penalty and Sipley not working hard enough inside killed us in the end. All our own doing. Our attack really was on song mostly and we showed that we can open them up and make yards relatively easy. Two lucky tries from kicks that should not have happened - Turbo never drops/Hughes in the end took his eyes off the ball and was just interference and Garrick had a shocker with his hands in the other. But we were pretty damn good. We can regroup - smash the Eels next week... watch out we are coming!

Another freaking referring disgrace that goes the way of the storm. And no one says anything
It's sad to say and a supporter sounds like a broken record saying it, but the referee (and bunker included) gave us no chance tonight. Yes, we made mistakes and perhaps weren't quite as good as the defending premiers. Having said that, the Storm held us down and were consistently offside. They moved off the mark to try and gain an unfair advantage. Six again calls against Manly were often dubious and the Storm's captain's challenge summed up our night when that dropped ball call was reversed. I won't mention Garrick's knee in the face when halfback came in late because that was "accidental" lol!

Olakau'atu was a decoy, jogged into the line and bumped Kenny Bromwich who then fell over (Andrew Johns went as far to say that he took a dive). DCE ran into that general area and so the ref blew a penalty
You can't explain poor refereeing like that!

Interesting reading all these comments from immediately after the game the next morning.

The refereeing aside we weren’t good enough , if we were better we’d take him out of the picture.

The Storm will get better and will continue stretching the rules as they do every game.

If we are succeed in 2021 we have to learn to be MUCH better than we were last night.

I feel we will improve but not enough to challenge the top 3, but this experience augers well for 2022-23

Interesting reading all these comments from immediately after the game the next morning.

The refereeing aside we weren’t good enough , if we were better we’d take him out of the picture.

The Storm will get better and will continue stretching the rules as they do every game.

If we are succeed in 2021 we have to learn to be MUCH better than we were last night.

I feel we will improve but not enough to challenge the top 3, but this experience augers well for 2022-23
I reckon it was a real eye opener for our two young second rowers ... I for one have been disappointed with Aloiai since his return ... he gives away a lot of penalties and he drops of the ball more than is acceptable

I would personally keep Shuster there. He will only get better after tonight. Watch the replay of the Garrick try after half time from front on, still played a huge part with his no look to Tom.

I think lots of improvement in us, just need to be almost perfect to beat storm but no reason why we can't.

I think Sipley is better off the bench. Maybe Josh to start again. Regaining his fitness now
I also believe Walker is a big negative playing in the forwards. He is just not physical enough and is targeted relentlessly in defence.

I agree with this, Walker may hold his spot over Lawton due to his versatility, can play a ball playing role in middle, a middle forward or cover the outside backs. Yes, Lawton too. Will be interesting to see who dez picks. Hope Paeska can recover. Maybe they will look at Woods?
Not Walker in the forwards - his defence is too weak for that area.

I agree if we make week 2 of the finals that is a success for me. We are a very young squad with so much potential it's scary.

2021 while enjoyable on so many levels really isn't our year ,not consistent enough to challenge for the title.

I genuinely think it's now down to storm Penrith and south's this year.

2022-2025 is our premiership window, as you said our boys will learn a lot this year about what it takes to win a title and in future years it will have us in a good place.

Last edited:
I don’t wanna bag Schuster but the tough game tonight certainly didn’t bring out the best him. A poor miss on Hughes for the last try. He’ll learn from it no doubt but needs to play ugly.
He wasn’t his best tonight. There is still much he needs to learn; however, he seems the type that will.

Doubt we'll get fourth now, I'd love it if we did but really can't see it
I think we can mate. I never had us beating Storm but still have us top four if we win the last four matches. Parra are gone and Roosters have Souths yet to play which they should lose. It might come down to for and against.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10