Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
"The fact we're knocking off the top teams is the most impressive part," captain Daly Cherry-Evans said

"We've been chasing those top-four teams all year. We've all spoke about the big run we've got home and the ability to test ourselves as a side.

We've got BELIEF no matter who we play against."

We can climb all the way to the very top !!!

DTB_APP_Square.jpg

Another year of listening to the tsk tsk tsk of people out there regarding fighting, another Manly v storm game, and yet another week of reading every monkey typist roll out the 'battle of brookvale' references.

I think someone should promote a charity journo boxing match so we can all see journos fighting one another in the ring.

rip in Manly!

Another year of listening to the tsk tsk tsk of people out there regarding fighting, another Manly v storm game, and yet another week of reading every monkey typist roll out the 'battle of brookvale' references.

I think someone should promote a charity journo boxing match so we can all see journos fighting one another in the ring.

rip in Manly!
It's actually pissed me off that both teams played the widely acknowledged 'game of the year' just a few weeks ago, and all we hear about is The Battle of Brookie. Tedious and lazy.

Poor Kenty his beloved Eels have floundered at the beginning of the home straight and he has to rain on Manly's parade. Very silly article really he should be embarrassed. Firstly the article by not referencing the Eels implies that they have gone from the spoon to 6th not as a result of wrestling, slowing the play the ball down and being off side. Yet Manly according to Kent, who incidentally have the QLD origin captain as their number 7, two of the best young NSW origin players in the game (T brothers) and the best front rowers (both internationals) in the comp backed up by Thommo and Sirro in the back row don't have the credentials to achieve success without wrestling, messing up the play the ball and being off side. I suspect he is hoping the referees today read this article and penalize the sh-t out of Manly so that they lose against the Storm. Instead of focusing on the real positives in the improvement of our great squad, not just in their defence but their game mentality he has disrespected Des, the team and our team's achievements this year. I guess there been a bit too much positive press for Manly lately so he has to have a go. For me the worst thing is for Kent to suggest the NRL would be concerned about Manly's success this year - really? Do the NRL have an agenda which involves Manly being unsuccessful and finishing towards to the bottom of the table. I expected better from Kent.

Poor Kenty his beloved Eels have floundered at the beginning of the home straight and he has to rain on Manly's parade. Very silly article really he should be embarrassed. Firstly the article by not referencing the Eels implies that they have gone from the spoon to 6th not as a result of wrestling, slowing the play the ball down and being off side. Yet Manly according to Kent, who incidentally have the QLD origin captain as their number 7, two of the best young NSW origin players in the game (T brothers) and the best front rowers (both internationals) in the comp backed up by Thommo and Sirro in the back row don't have the credentials to achieve success without wrestling, messing up the play the ball and being off side. I suspect he is hoping the referees today read this article and penalize the sh-t out of Manly so that they lose against the Storm. Instead of focusing on the real positives in the improvement of our great squad, not just in their defence but their game mentality he has disrespected Des, the team and our team's achievements this year. I guess there been a bit too much positive press for Manly lately so he has to have a go. For me the worst thing is for Kent to suggest the NRL would be concerned about Manly's success this year - really? Do the NRL have an agenda which involves Manly being unsuccessful and finishing towards to the bottom of the table. I expected better from Kent.
Agree with most - except your very last sentence.
Kent occasionally makes valid points about the game but I'm usually surprised when he does. From what's been reported here on ST about this latest article, it is nothing short of disgusting.

I'm sure Kunt is just preaching the Turdy agenda after pissing the nrl off lately with his anti drizzle articles. Best way to get back into Turdy good books is to rubbish Manly at any opportunity.

http://dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/...t/news-story/fa0e1ab663e7b54d3ca187900869626e

Saturday night’s Battle of Brookvale between Manly and Melbourne won’t be about fists and flurries, which is where all the advertising took us. That is more romantic hype.

It will be tentacles and slow torture, two teams intent on slowing the game down to a point where, the end point you assume, might one day be no footy at all.

“Everybody throws stones at Melbourne,” Gorden Tallis said Thursday night on the Late Show with Matty Johns, “but I think Manly last week are the best wrestling team, to a point where they are just happy to make it messy and give away penalties.”

Tallis was spot on.

The Raiders-Sea Eagles game was supposed to be the game of the round but it got bogged down with constant stoppages and fouling tactics and so the Broncos-Rabbitohs game, where play was allowed to run free and the wrestle was an afterthought, emerged as the game most would want to watch again.

It is an easy lesson the NRL should cop.

And yes, it means Saturday night’s game at Manly, the one everybody is looking forward to most, could be a stinker.

The decision might all come down to the referees’ tolerance levels.

Manly exploited the rules against Canberra last week. Messy play-the-balls, deliberate off-sides and several other tactics got employed against the Raiders.

Yadda Yadda Yadda...

The NRL’s concern this summer has to be the improvement in Manly.

The Sea Eagles went from 15th to fifth over a hot summer with not a single recruit to the roster worth bragging about.

They figured out how to defend, though.

Such a load of crap. I saw Eels vs Broncos last night and there were very few penalties, but the same ref could have blown just as many penalties as in our Raiders game. Obviously been instructed to lay off the penalties, this time, to make a better TV product.

Such a load of crap. I saw Eels vs Broncos last night and there were very few penalties, but the same ref could have blown just as many penalties as in our Raiders game. Obviously been instructed to lay off the penalties, this time, to make a better TV product.

I tried posting the whole article but it was melting my computer.

It's one of the more disgusting comments I've seen. To blatantly say that the nrl should have concerns over Manly's success. But continue cowering behind the DT Kent, I'm sure you're relieved to be back in Toddy's good books.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10