Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I start scrolling slowly down when opening the team sheet.

Just so I can digest the selection's one by one.

I see Jason Saabs name - then i brace my body and mind for what will likely follow.

Scroll

3. Brad Parker

4. Morgan Harper

It actually doesn't really matter who is selected after that point.

Because after seeing those two names together I feel like a little bit of life has been sucked out of my body.
Haha I do EXACTLY the same thing. I know once I see Harper that there won’t be big balls changes this week

Keppie dropped not injured?
Bit hard to single out one player for that after last weekend.
Hope others are on notice to up their game.
You're not wrong that it's hard to single out just one. If I recall correctly, the panthers made three line breaks in the first few minutes. One down our right, one through our middle, and then one on our left.

Edit* I just realised Keppie was on the bench too. Ouch

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha I do EXACTLY the same thing. I know once I see Harper that there won’t be big balls changes this week
Look I get the heat that Parker, Harper get, but what other options do we have?

Koula - Out
Tuipolotu - Out
Garrick - Out
B Trbojevic - Out

You could put Weekes at FB and Tom to centre, but does that make us any better?

Without injuries we’d be looking at

1. Tom
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Tuipolotu

So that is 2 of our ‘starting’ back 5 available.

Koula - Out
Tuipolotu - Out
Garrick - Out
B Trbojevic - Out

1. Tom
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Tuipolotu

Mitch stop being so sensible and balanced it’s not allowed🙅🏻‍♂️

Koula - Out
Tuipolotu - Out
Garrick - Out
B Trbojevic - Out

1. Tom
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Tuipolotu

I hear what you are saying re Parker and Harper.

I'm just so over watching them and their mediocrity.

I hear what you are saying re Parker and Harper.

I'm just so over watching them and their mediocrity.
Completely understand mate - I hate seeing the defensive errors on our edges that we have at the moment.

The issue is our lack of depth leaves us in a position where I don’t think the coaching staff have much other choice.

Without injuries I think our outside backs are more than reasonable. But when you’re digging in to your 2nd, 3rd and 4th man up there are going to be issues.

Completely understand mate - I hate seeing the defensive errors on our edges that we have at the moment.

The issue is our lack of depth leaves us in a position where I don’t think the coaching staff have much other choice.

Without injuries I think our outside backs are more than reasonable. But when you’re digging in to your 2nd, 3rd and 4th man up there are going to be issues.
I think there’s only two centres listed as centres in our 30, although I know others have played in that position ( Burbo as an example ).

We are very skinny in reserves in that position , something to think about in 24.

So after all that’s been said in the last few weeks , where’s the Aaron Woods hate ??

I expected a pile on , you’ve really disappointed me Silvertails.
Nah, they're too busy bagging our centres.

I know Schu's named in reserves but still, I'm cursing him not being in the 17...again. As for Woods, I say why not give him a go, surely it can't hurt. Interesting reserves list - the team could end up quite different to the 17 named today.

Thanks for posting @The Wheel
Lets Hope Turbo is fully fit . A fit Turbo can make the difference
Haumole Olakau'atu will be playing and we wish we had Five more Forwards like him in the pack
Great to see the Vigorous Vaega rewarded with a Wing spot
The slow and aging Woods is in for his Experience but lacks Explosiveness
The Shu may make a surprise recovery and fit into 5/8
Sipley who has not been able to consolidate a NRL team spot over the years gets another opportunity
Weekes returns to the bench where he has been more dominant
Parker and Harper must have more than 9 lives to be retained once again
On the extended reserves we have young and talented GCKT and Fainu but will Seibold take a risk ?
If he can keep risking the tried and venerable Parker and Harper then he should also tale a risk with the Very talented GCKT and Fainu who would be inspired by a big game home ground baptism of fire and fire has been lacking in our team in the last couple of Sombre Sea Eagle games

The Enemy has players missing as well
But the Enemy still has Bellamy
It also has the scary Munster
It has the Game breaker Grant
It has the Consistently Fine number 7 that never Fails to deliver
It has the what we do not have and that is a Strike centre Olam that is dominant in both defence and attack

Thats it from me ...
In the End the players on game day have the final say

The Manly Entertainers Turbo and Haumole are on a Mission
and are worth the price of admission to 4 Pines Park against the Storm
FAN+ | 11. Haumole Olakau’atu ANZAC Match Jersey

I start scrolling slowly down when opening the team sheet.

Just so I can digest the selection's one by one.

I see Jason Saabs name - then i brace my body and mind for what will likely follow.

Scroll

3. Brad Parker

4. Morgan Harper

It actually doesn't really matter who is selected after that point.

Because after seeing those two names together I feel like a little bit of life has been sucked out of my body.
Hahaha this ^^. I feel the life force just drain from my soul when I see those 2 names.

I hope he has a really good game, or the game day thread will not be kind to him....
We do not dislike players or people

We deplorably dislike Manly losing and our legendary club being dragged down to the level of incompetent Manly leaders

A message to Seibold
Your best coaching career investment are the quality players you invest in your squad

Last edited:
Don't understand how Keppie gets dropped. Didn't think he was the worst on field. Tuilagi had a shocker. Croker was poor. Harper was poor. Paseka been poor. No forwards stood up.

Glad to see Sipley back as I thought he never lets us down. Always provides impact. Woods was solid in nsw cup. He will be up for it. Let's see I guess. Our depth is seriously lacking.

Would prefer Turbo to centre and Weekes to full back. Drop Harper. Gordy needs to come in now. Croker tries but he's not good enough at 9. Happy to see him move to 13. Aloiai was poor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12